User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Poor VooDoo.... they had no idea what they were in for.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea a bunch of whining.  Go to their web page.  It states clearly there, their barrels are melonited inside and out.  Who cares what they call it in here it is defined on their page.  Buy the barrel or not.  Why badger them.  Just move on.  Read this thread and while there are legitimate questions there is also a bunch of childish pile on for no good reason.  Don't own a voodoo barrel, and not sure if I ever will or won't.  Regardless, it's your money, vote with your wallet and move on.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Simply amazing on all different levels and both sides of this topic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yea a bunch of whining.  Go to their web page.  It states clearly there, their barrels are melonited inside and out.  Who cares what they call it in here it is defined on their page.  Buy the barrel or not.  Why badger them.  Just move on.  Read this thread and while there are legitimate questions there is also a bunch of childish pile on for no good reason.  Don't own a voodoo barrel, and not sure if I ever will or won't.  Regardless, it's your money, vote with your wallet and move on.     http://www.voodooinnovations.com/about-us

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea a bunch of whining.  Go to their web page.  It states clearly there, their barrels are melonited inside and out.  Who cares what they call it in here it is defined on their page.  Buy the barrel or not.  Why badger them.  Just move on.  Read this thread and while there are legitimate questions there is also a bunch of childish pile on for no good reason.  Don't own a voodoo barrel, and not sure if I ever will or won't.  Regardless, it's your money, vote with your wallet and move on.     http://www.voodooinnovations.com/about-us

Umm... this thread isn't about their barrels (which everyone already knows are melonited). This thread is about their bolts (and carriers) of which they refuse to declare what treatment/coating it has.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What brand(s) 5.45 barrels are the bolts compatible with?  Apparently there is not a standard on headspace and Spikes, Model 1, etc all vary.
View Quote

Same question.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I posted this in another hatefest thread.

. Voodoo is bringing an ever expanding product line to market, as is  AA.  In the past I've been critical of AA (I'm not a piston fan) and as far as lifecoat goes,  I have no idea what it is. BUT I'm an 07 FFL specializing in a certain type of coating* and despite that formula being a secret and not publicy known,  people line up for it. Doracoat, Cerakote, Moly-resin, gunkote, hell even annodizing, most people have no idea as to what they actually are,  but people like them.   AA has done a lot of coating experimentation and they're smart guys.  If someone doesnt like or want a lifecoat product,  don't buy it.  Others will,  just like with Cerakote, Moly-Resin,  etc.  It'll develop a good rep or bad,  just like those coatings.  

*Not saying more because I don't want to get accused of advertising.

On the various coatings processes that they use,  combining processes is a tried and true method to get a superior result.   The best dip jobs have Cerakote under .  The best Cerakote jobs (on steel) are over Parkerizing. Some processes like NiB (iirc) work better on some steel than others.  Voodoo may very well be doing 2 or more processes to each part,  I don't know.  But like I said in my above copt/paste, most people don't know the scientific formula behind the various processes.  Justlike here.  Give them a chance to earn a rep, tgen buy or don't.  Just like the market has with eevery other process out there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#9]
This is probably the best bolt on the market, lots of haters in here. Lifetime  warranty c-158 sounds good to me
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is probably the best bolt on the market, lots of haters in here. Lifetime  warranty c-158 sounds good to me
View Quote

It is?  What do you base this statement on??

From what I have seen in the market...most decent mfg's of bolts are c-158 and have the same warranty.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Personal experience bud. Probably the same few companies producing all the c-158 bolts. I have owned bolts and carrier from all major manufacturers bcm, colt, dpms, bushmaster, lmt, larue, noveske,Who else has a lifetime warranty? After a few thousand rounds good luck.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Personal experience bud. Probably the same few companies producing all the c-158 bolts. I have owned bolts and carrier from all major manufacturers bcm, colt, dpms, bushmaster, lmt, larue, noveske,Who else has a lifetime warranty? After a few thousand rounds good luck.
View Quote

Mine does bud...as dose at least half a dozen other major mfg's That I googled.  Nothing special about the Voodoo bolt except the price.

Did I mention mine was X-rayed ....don't think yours was.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: center;']VooDoo Innovations LifeCoat Bolts (5.56/.223 & 5.45x39)

VDI is proud to launch its new line of LifeCoated Bolts in both 5.56/.223 & 5.45x39

www.VooDooInnovations.com

http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af219/AdamsArms_photos/556vdibolt2.png

Specs:

*LifeCoated Bolts
          5.56/.223 & 5.45x39

*Life-Time Warranty

*Made in the USA

*Mil-Spec 5.56/.223

VDI 5.56/.223 bolts are compatible with mil-spec and non mil-spec carriers. This bolt is machined from C-158 to exceed all MIL TDP specifications and is enhanced using LifeCoat® treatment providing superior:

VDI 5.45 bolts are compatible with mil-spec and non mil-spec carriers. This bolt is machined from C-158 to exceed all MIL TDP specifications and is enhanced using LifeCoat® treatment providing superior:

Durability
Lubricity
Corrosion Resistance
View Quote

Your link is down here and in the industry forum.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I posted this in another hatefest thread.

. Voodoo is bringing an ever expanding product line to market, as is  AA.  In the past I've been critical of AA (I'm not a piston fan) and as far as lifecoat goes,  I have no idea what it is. BUT I'm an 07 FFL specializing in a certain type of coating* and despite that formula being a secret and not publicy known,  people line up for it. Doracoat, Cerakote, Moly-resin, gunkote, hell even annodizing, most people have no idea as to what they actually are,  but people like them.   AA has done a lot of coating experimentation and they're smart guys.  If someone doesnt like or want a lifecoat product,  don't buy it.  Others will,  just like with Cerakote, Moly-Resin,  etc.  It'll develop a good rep or bad,  just like those coatings.  

*Not saying more because I don't want to get accused of advertising.

On the various coatings processes that they use,  combining processes is a tried and true method to get a superior result.   The best dip jobs have Cerakote under .  The best Cerakote jobs (on steel) are over Parkerizing. Some processes like NiB (iirc) work better on some steel than others.  Voodoo may very well be doing 2 or more processes to each part,  I don't know.  But like I said in my above copt/paste, most people don't know the scientific formula behind the various processes.  Justlike here.  Give them a chance to earn a rep, tgen buy or don't.  Just like the market has with eevery other process out there.
View Quote

Dan,can you say more about this>  "I'm an 07 FFL specializing in a certain type of coating" without stepping on anybody,what do we do to find out more?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top