User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2014 11:30:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
i got mine last week and like it had to trim the detent spring on the rear takedown to get it to fit correctly and the front takedown spring hole needed to get cleaned out. but so far its a masterpiece and fit is awesome

you can not use a BAD lever with these but with the ambi controls and finger shelf you dont need to.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 1:27:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#3]
i wonder how this will match up with AXTS adacs billet lowers.

glad to see more MFG delve into the full ambi market.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
is it me or is there zero flare to the magwell opening? Nevermind, trick of the photos used.  Can see the flare when watching the torture test video on the Rainer Arms website.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
do these help

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
why cant you use a BAD Lever??
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
the way the bolt release is. its thicker due to the rough texture but its a ambi reciever and your finger can hit it easily on the other side

I guess if you change the bolt release to a standard one you can
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks nice, beautiful machine work.

Not a fan of the giant logo, or the three position safety markings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks nice, beautiful machine work.

Not a fan of the giant logo, or the three position safety markings.
View Quote

i know if you order from the website theres an option for no logo
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
This is a hot looking lower, and I even like the big logo. The way it assembles is great as well.

However, shouldn't the US flag be displayed with the stars on the right side since it is the right of the receiver? I was always taught that the stars go towards the front on a vehicle or person, so I would think that this rule would apply to guns as well. Maybe I'm being too picky though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#13]
the stars go toward the operator.  just like a regular flag would., if it was on the opposite side it would be in distress with the stars away from the operator
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]
This lower has been my favorite so far, by a long shot. I've never handled a lower that felt substantial but light at the same time - the machining and finish work is superb. It's also been the most drama-free build so far. I love that the "headache" parts were pre-installed, since I despise setting the bolt catch roll pin on my own. And my POF drop-in trigger did just that - didn't even need more than a single light tap with my mallet to get the KNS pins through and all ready to go. The Magpul MOE+ grip fits perfectly on here (I love the grip but sometimes have a gap on other receivers), and my BCM buffer tube assembly went on with no drama. I took the BCM kit off as soon as I fitted it, however, since I am thinking a UBR would be a nice stock to try this time.

Dennis, I have said it once already - but you made a kickass product. If you make one for the AR-10 platform I will have to buy it as well! You'd have a good launch as well since AXTS's AX762 seems to be vaporware at this point.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
why cant you use a BAD Lever??
View Quote

Do you know why the BAD lever was created?

That would answer your question.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Why do people pronounce "ambidextrous" like there is an "I" after the "R?"

Nice looking lower, and looks like the only real competitor to the KAC lowers with the QD sockets.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Why do people pronounce "ambidextrous" like there is an "I" after the "R?"

View Quote

Nice looking lower, and looks like the only real competitor to the KAC lowers with the QD sockets.
Why do people say nuclear as "nuke-u-laar"... that was a Bush-ism if I ever heard one!

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We've had the pleasure of working with Dennis at San Tan Tactical, easily one of the nicest guys in the industry.  His customer service / support and ours have much in common.

Say, when are you going to announce the news, Dennis?
View Quote
If my news you mean an AR-10 upper I will have to break into my "emergency fund" lol

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#22]
i think a partnership with Duffy and preinstalled EPP and CASS would so make this a screamer
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks Duffy!

You have the best selectors in the market hands down! And customer service that is unmatched!

We are working on the matched upper as we speak! Just a bit more tooling and it is go time!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We've had the pleasure of working with Dennis at San Tan Tactical, easily one of the nicest guys in the industry.  His customer service / support and ours have much in common.

Say, when are you going to announce the news, Dennis?
Thanks Duffy!

You have the best selectors in the market hands down! And customer service that is unmatched!

We are working on the matched upper as we speak! Just a bit more tooling and it is go time!

A matched upper would make these lowers a lot more enticing for me. I tend to keep my rifle receivers matched up whenever possible.

Make sure you offer a matched set and I'm in to put one through its paces.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
So is this lighter that Daniel Defense? is it stronger than Daniel Defense as well? I can see is faster to reload. You guys kind a stole their slogan.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
the stars go toward the operator.  just like a regular flag would., if it was on the opposite side it would be in distress with the stars away from the operator
View Quote

As far as I know the stars are supposed to face 'forward' on the right side of vehicles and when worn on the right shoulder, because that is the way the flag would fly when advancing forward.  If the stars are to the rear that would be like you were retreating. Look at the flags on the tail of Air Force One for an easy example.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
As far as I know the stars are supposed to face 'forward' on the right side of vehicles and when worn on the right shoulder, because that is the way the flag would fly when advancing forward.  If the stars are to the rear that would be like you were retreating. Look at the flags on the tail of Air Force One for an easy example.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

On a person or moving vehicle you would be completely true. But in terms of the weapon or another "stationary object" it is probably true to have the stars towards you.

Being a Navy person - it is the same logic we put towards the "crows" on our collar. Facing forward for normal times, facing behind us to "watch our backs" during an actual declared war.

Dennis - when are these uppers coming out? I was literally about to hit "order" on a Mega MKM upper but have been split between that or using a billet upper with a Noveske NSR or KAC URX. For the NSR, however, only Noveske and Rainier uppers have the indexing pinhole in them - would that be something you add to your upper?

As for the AR-10 lower - I will be waiting!

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#29]
No ambi bho and you are calling this a true ambi lower? I hate companies that do that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#30]
AFAIK I have never seen one that does that besides LWRC and KAC - and the issue then is that your upper has to be notched for the paddle on the other side.        

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm a fan of the forward moving flag.

STT---any option for a forward flag down the road?  Like this obviously photochopped rendering.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No ambi bho and you are calling this a true ambi lower? I hate companies that do that.
View Quote

Pretty sure thats a Bolt Hold Open lever right above the mag release
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actually LMTRocks that's not photoshoped.

After our initial product launch of the lowers we received several calls and e-mails from service men and women letting us know that they felt the flag was backwards. When we originally chose the direction of the flag we put it so the union of stars was in the upper left hand corner so it would be correct if you were looking at the lower from the side. We researched and researched flag etiquette and did not find a definitive answer. The U.S. Code Title 4 Chapter 1 isn't clear on firearms. It calls out modes of transportation, military uniforms, packaging, retail consumer products, etc. We meant no disrespect once so ever.

So to honor our service men and women we immediately changed the direction. We are almost finished with the new run and will be going out to our dealers soon. If you would like a STT-15 with the union leading just let us know and we can make that happen for you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a fan of the forward moving flag.

STT---any option for a forward flag down the road? Like this obviously photochopped rendering.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3693/12138118605_60ba8ea400_o.jpg

Actually LMTRocks that's not photoshoped.

After our initial product launch of the lowers we received several calls and e-mails from service men and women letting us know that they felt the flag was backwards. When we originally chose the direction of the flag we put it so the union of stars was in the upper left hand corner so it would be correct if you were looking at the lower from the side. We researched and researched flag etiquette and did not find a definitive answer. The U.S. Code Title 4 Chapter 1 isn't clear on firearms. It calls out modes of transportation, military uniforms, packaging, retail consumer products, etc. We meant no disrespect once so ever.

So to honor our service men and women we immediately changed the direction. We are almost finished with the new run and will be going out to our dealers soon. If you would like a STT-15 with the union leading just let us know and we can make that happen for you!

He is saying its Shopped because it says SANTA on the roll mark
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are talking about the right side, that's a bolt release.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#40]
uses the same parts kit as any lower, you just dont use some of the parts.

trigger/hammer/fcg pins/take down pin w/spring and detent (may have to trim the spring a little/pivot pin w/spring and detent/selector/grip/grip spring and detent/buffer retention pin and spring
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Nice looking lower with some really kick ass specs. I need another premium billet lower like I need a hole in the head.

ETA def in the Stars forward camp.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Very nice, and as a lefty i always appreciate anything that makes my life easier. When i get around to putting an AR together i'll definitely be looking into one of these.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#43]
So I haven't seen a definitive answer one way or the other, can you lock the bolt to the rear from the right side of the lower?  The video doesn't show it, but they are saying it's a truly, completely ambi lower.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So I haven't seen a definitive answer one way or the other, can you lock the bolt to the rear from the right side of the lower?  The video doesn't show it, but they are saying it's a truly, completely ambi lower.
View Quote
if it's similar to AXTS ADACS lower, the bolt hold open may be incorperated into teh mag release.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Constructive criticism here.....

Has any left handed shooter, who's put this lower through it's paces, accidentally drop a mag while indexing the finger outside of the trigger guard (As in keeping the finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot).  The location of the left mag release looks like it's just asking to accidentally eject a mag.

Also, I'm with stars forward group; the flag would be charging towards the threat instead of retreating from it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:Hello Halfbreed_83 thank you for your question as well.    

It would be pretty tough to accidentally release the bolt. Where we put the fulcrum point for the ambi mag release paddle is about where you would rest your trigger finger.

This does two things for the STT-15, first it increases the force to release the mag, second by requiring more force to dump the mag it stops or limits any accidental mag releases.

View Quote

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for explanation.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
People dig the backwards flag, because that is how it would look if you were moving forward on the battle field.
It is also why the flag is backwards on mil uniforms.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top