Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That's a nice, small gap between the end of the hand guard and the barrel.

What is the length of the barrel and what is the length of your SLR hand guard?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  It's a 15" rail on 16" barrel.  I would've gone with the 16.5" rail but it's not available in MLOK yet.  Wonder how it would've looked..hmmm..

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Need some assistance:

I'm buying a 9" Keymod Solo, as soon as they're back in stock. Todd said mid-December, so I'm counting the days. ANYWAY, I don't plan on using the 4 holes on the sides yet, and would like to cover them. Does anyone know the ratio between the length of a keymod rail cover in relationship to how many holes it will cover? Basically, I don't want to buy a 5" cover for each side if I need a 7" for each side. I'm liking the looks of the KAC keymod rail covers, and the RailScales.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Need some assistance:

I'm buying a 9" Keymod Solo, as soon as they're back in stock. Todd said mid-December, so I'm counting the days. ANYWAY, I don't plan on using the 4 holes on the sides yet, and would like to cover them. Does anyone know the ratio between the length of a keymod rail cover in relationship to how many holes it will cover? Basically, I don't want to buy a 5" cover for each side if I need a 7" for each side. I'm liking the looks of the KAC keymod rail covers, and the RailScales.

http://s27.postimg.org/r6v04h7zn/9_Solo_KMEdit_600x600.jpg
View Quote

Sorry, don't know the number you're looking for, but here's a cheap alternative panel that someone posted early on in this thread, I think.  Yeah, air soft and all, but they looked great on his rifle, they're cheap, and the poster said they were kind of snug going in, leading him to believe it was gonna be solid and not come loose.  

Also, looks like it'll cover 8 km holes.. But they are softer panels, so I imagine cutting them would be easy enough.  

I have a 9" km solo, too, and just ordered these.

I'll see if I can't find his post and photo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sorry, don't know the number you're looking for, but here's a cheap alternative panel that someone posted early on in this thread, I think.  Yeah, air soft and all, but they looked great on his rifle, they're cheap, and the poster said they were kind of snug going in, leading him to believe it was gonna be solid and not come loose.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Need some assistance:

http://s27.postimg.org/r6v04h7zn/9_Solo_KMEdit_600x600.jpg

Also, looks like it'll cover 8 km holes.. But they are softer panels, so I imagine cutting them would be easy enough.  

I have a 9" km solo, too, and just ordered these.

I'll see if I can't find his post and photo.

Here it is.  Page 17 I think.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]

I need to get some of those carbon fiber mlok covers.  I put a pig skin at the bottom of the rail which is great for shooting over barricades or fence lines stuff like that but the rail is just a hair too narrow for it to work well.  Sadly when I ordered my second SLR for a 308 gun Im putting together they were sold out.  If you are undecided whether you should get one of these or not I would say go for it.  I am a big fan of geissele rails and really love my MK4 that is on my go to ar15 but these SLR's are quickly climbing to be my favorite rail.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/IMG_8024.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/IMG_8026.jpg

I need to get some of those carbon fiber mlok covers.  I put a pig skin at the bottom of the rail which is great for shooting over barricades or fence lines stuff like that but the rail is just a hair too narrow for it to work well.  Sadly when I ordered my second SLR for a 308 gun Im putting together they were sold out.  If you are undecided whether you should get one of these or not I would say go for it.  I am a big fan of geissele rails and really love my MK4 that is on my go to ar15 but these SLR's are quickly climbing to be my favorite rail.
View Quote

Nice looking rifles.

SLR, any chance of a solo mid for 5.56?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#8]
That definitely takes care of the problem. I really appreciate it, thank you
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice looking rifles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/IMG_8024.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/IMG_8026.jpg

Nice looking rifles.

All of my 5.56 guns are geissele mk4s.  I have one 5.45 in a cmr rail which I like a lot but I will probably get an slr for 5.56 some time if I build another one.  I was playing with building a 6mm something but I was thinking about trying a new vltor integrated system for that.  I think it is cool that they are as similar to the geissele rails as they are as I liked them a lot.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That definitely takes care of the problem. I really appreciate it, thank you
View Quote

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the barrel length and length of the handguard on the rifle in the second photo from the top?  

Great looking gear by they way. I think I may go with the 16.5 Solo for my future Grendal build.  I think it would go well with a 20 or 22 inch SS barrel.  I like having the bipod way out forward.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#12]
sorry, I did not realize this thread was so long!  I am referring to the pics in the original post, page 1.  thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a few questions regarding the 9" Solo Lite Rail. Can spme one tell me the inside height from top to bottom? Also what is the overall length of the 9" rail? I know the BCM KMR 9 is actually 9.4", is the Solo Lite the same?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a few questions regarding the 9" Solo Lite Rail. Can spme one tell me the inside height from top to bottom? Also what is the overall length of the 9" rail? I know the BCM KMR 9 is actually 9.4", is the Solo Lite the same?
View Quote

Best I can take measure w/o removing my 14" is 1 5/8" from the inside bottom round-out to the bottom of the top rail.  And FWIW my 14" is exactly 14".
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Best I can take measure w/o removing my 14" is 1 5/8" from the inside bottom round-out to the bottom of the top rail.  And FWIW my 14" is exactly 14".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#17]
No Black Friday sales or discounts?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Will an AAC suppressor latch button clear on a 10.5" bbl with your 10" handguard or do I need a 9"?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#20]
For those of you who want to know. Fortis + SLR + Elzetta = WIN!!  I love this set up. I can locate the DD sight further up but its to close to the fortis mount for me. It has room but its so small a piece of paper won't fit due to the screw. It clears it, I just like to have a little more of a space.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Does this Solo Series handguard require a special barrel nut or will a standard barrel nut do?

Here is the direct link to the handguard I'm looking to purchase for my build.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=77

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does this Solo Series handguard require a special barrel nut or will a standard barrel nut do?

Here is the direct link to the handguard I'm looking to purchase for my build.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=77

Thanks
View Quote

From the link you posted:
SLR's Q-Mod - All Keymod slots double as QD swivel mounting points
10.2 oz
?1.3" ID
Mil-Spec Hardcoat Anodize
7075 Barrel nut w/ Hardcoat Anodize
Perfect Length for 10.5-11.5" Barrels
Free Floating Design
Grade 8 Fasteners
Ti Anti Slip plate
Anti Rotation- Anti Slip Design
No Special Tools Need for Barrel Nut
Continuous top rail design
Mil-Spec 1913 Mounting rails
All orders usually ship the next business day
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks, I missed that somehow! Putting in an order for it!
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:03:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have the measurements on the 11" Solo Series Keymod Handguard handy?

I just need to know the exact length of the forward portion of rail on the bottom of the handguard so I can figure out if an AFG2 will fit on it or will it have significant "overhang"? I can't really tell from the pic.
11" Solo Series HG
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:04:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Its the same as any other Solo. I'll measure in the am and post it.

Todd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone have the measurements on the 11" Solo Series Keymod Handguard handy?

I just need to know the exact length of the forward portion of rail on the bottom of the handguard so I can figure out if an AFG2 will fit on it or will it have significant "overhang"?

Its the same as any other Solo. I'll measure in the am and post it.

Todd

Thanks, Todd. I was scrolling through to see if anyone had mounted an AFG and posted a pic, but I didn't see any.  It's not a huge deal, but I have a few laying around, so I'd like to see if I can get some use out of them when my Solo arrives.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry if it's already been addressed in the previous 50 pages but...  

Will the solo ultra lite work on a Wilson Combat Billet upper?
How long of a handguard is needed to cover a rifle length gas block?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Question for you, Todd,

While I've been busy, out buying for everyone else this Christmas season I've obviously missed an opportunity to buy for myself during Black Friday.

Is there any chance that there's going to be one last sale this year before we get too close to Christmas?  

Thanks,

Jon
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey Todd, would it be possible for you guys to list the EXACT LENGTH of the rails on your website. I order a 10" rail a while back and I was trying to butt up a KX3 right to the end. I did some quick CADD based on the rail be exactly 10" and everything was going to fit perfectly. When I received the rail, it measured at 10.125" and now I'm forced to trim the rail back 0.125". Had I known, I would have had my custom barrel cut 0.125" longer...
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Hello,

any 10" rails in stock for a local guy pickup along with a sentry 7??

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I have a 13" Solo ultralight 556 Key Mod cerakoted FDE  and it is awesome.

It is a slick piece!  I also have one on my .308 they are some of the nicest rails I have ever owned!   The gas blocks are top notch as well!  Keep it up SLR!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#33]
I just installed a 10" Solo Keymod on one of my new builds and absolutely love it ..Want to switch my other new build ( MI 12.5) to the SOLO 13" Keymod

Q1: When is the 13" Solo Keymod expected to be in stock?

Q2: Is it  $39.99 for One Carbon Panel?..The descrip says "Panels" but it doesnt list Quantity..When are these expected to be back in stock?

Q3: Will you be offering the colored Anti-Rotation Tabs for sale Seperately? For the 556 Handguards?...I sometimes like a little change and the Gray is just sexy : )

Hasppy New Year and Thank you for a great product!

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just installed a 10" Solo Keymod on one of my new builds and absolutely love it ..Want to switch my other new build ( MI 12.5) to the SOLO 13" Keymod

Q1: When is the 13" Solo Keymod expected to be in stock?

Q2: Is it  $39.99 for One Carbon Panel?..The descrip says "Panels" but it doesnt list Quantity..When are these expected to be back in stock?

Q3: Will you be offering the colored Anti-Rotation Tabs for sale Seperately? For the 556 Handguards?...I sometimes like a little change and the Gray is just sexy : )

Hasppy New Year and Thank you for a great product!

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/painterjohnphoto/media/MUHARCREATIONS028.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/painterjohnphoto/MUHARCREATIONS025.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/painterjohnphoto/MUHARCREATIONS032.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/painterjohnphoto/MUHARCREATIONS034.jpg

View Quote

I approve of your message especially if you raise the camera lens to show off those wood stock beauties.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Thank you, I have a few for old times sake ; )

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So the gas tube alone will be restraining the handguard from rotation? Or there will be 2 "shoulders" on the handuard to rest on the upper?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's pretty obvious how it works.  The gas tube goes through the center of it and locks it in place, the handguard then fits over it and is prevented from rotating.  There's another company doing this as well, I forget who though.

So the gas tube alone will be restraining the handguard from rotation? Or there will be 2 "shoulders" on the handuard to rest on the upper?

I also am curious about this and haven't seen it answered yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's pretty obvious how it works.  The gas tube goes through the center of it and locks it in place, the handguard then fits over it and is prevented from rotating.  There's another company doing this as well, I forget who though.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Let me rephrase... if the anti-rotation device does indeed utilize the gas tube to stop hand guard rotation in the event that the barrel nut loosens, is this superior to having two tabs that mate to the front of the upper receiver? Is there any concern for binding of gas key as it tries to interface with the gas tube in the event of loosening? Many other designs make a point to not contact the gas tube at all and some designs on SLR's site still show anti-rotation tabs. This is the reason for asking a clarifying question about how the design is intended to function.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Let me rephrase... if the anti-rotation device does indeed utilize the gas tube to stop hand guard rotation in the event that the barrel nut loosens, is this superior to having two tabs that mate to the front of the upper receiver? Is there any concern for binding of gas key as it tries to interface with the gas tube in the event of loosening? Many other designs make a point to not contact the gas tube at all and some designs on SLR's site still show anti-rotation tabs. This is the reason for asking a clarifying question about how the design is intended to function.
View Quote

I can't answer that.
my opinion (and I could be wrong) would be. that it's much stronger than the relatively small thin AD aluminum tabs. the new AD insert is relatively thick and wide. and, at the point that it would contact the gas tube, would the point of least leverage (and thus be the hardest point to bend) of the exposed portion of the stainless steel tube. and, if you did manage to bend the tube there. it would likely only bend slightly. because it would take a lot, lot to shear the gas tube off or bend it enough to pull it out of the receiver. more  than what I think the AD tabs would ever hold up to. I have three of the tab style AD HG's that so far have been more than strong enough
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Just to be clear, if you re-read my question, the point is not about strength or the ability of the insert to effectively prevent rotation. My question is if the design might cause function issues in the event that barrel nut loosening occurs. SLR looks like they make some great designs so I'm guessing they may have already considered this and I'm looking forward to hearing their thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#41]
ok
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Always had my eye on this rail but the MLOK version with rails on the end may have just won me over for a build. A flawless execution in function AND form.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Almost there, very pleased

New to me.....thought it was the upper till I got out the rest of my picatinny and calipers......I don't have any rail that matches the SLR profile
The final height is dead on so I have no problem with this but it is different than all of the upper rails I have.....or any rail I have for that matter

Looking for a Renegade

looking for feed back on the Renegade , there is very little out there about it and those are mixed between happy people and people who say they have torn up receivers and a hard time manipulating the handle

I have heard of updates to the handle but am confused about the reviews I am seeing and the timeline of the updates
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Can these rails, particularly the solo ultralight, be used with an Adams Arms XLP or Syrac Piston set up?  Concern being the little insert the drive rod would go through
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Any ETA on the 10" SOLOS coming back in stock? I want one for my SBR build.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Lines up with my CMT billet perfect

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#47]
ETA on 11" Solo MLOK?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:06:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey SLR, could you please comment on this?

Quoted:
if the anti-rotation device does indeed utilize the gas tube to stop hand guard rotation in the event that the barrel nut loosens, is this superior to having two tabs that mate to the front of the upper receiver? Is there any concern for binding of gas key as it tries to interface with the gas tube in the event of loosening? Many other designs make a point to not contact the gas tube at all and some designs on SLR's site still show anti-rotation tabs. This is the reason for asking a clarifying question about how the design is intended to function.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
if the anti-rotation device does indeed utilize the gas tube to stop hand guard rotation in the event that the barrel nut loosens, is this superior to having two tabs that mate to the front of the upper receiver? Is there any concern for binding of gas key as it tries to interface with the gas tube in the event of loosening? Many other designs make a point to not contact the gas tube at all and some designs on SLR's site still show anti-rotation tabs. This is the reason for asking a clarifying question about how the design is intended to function.

I have both the old and new versions of the SLR anti-rotation system and can say that either will work just fine and not impact performance in the unlikely scenario of a rail loosening.

The new style insert will not tweak your gas tube enough to change the angle so that the carrier key on the bolt improperly impact the tube. Gas tubes are too rigid and there is not enough play if your gas tube and upper are in spec.
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top