Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 28
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah i did. You could do the above. All I used was a set of pliers with good abrasive teeth and loosed each up the same amount till It fit. Its simple enough. I think the slr is a little thicker due to the QD capabilities. I'm still not sure I'm a VFG kinda guy yet. Once I get those Hand-guard Panels I may just run those.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't get the Bravo Co key mod vert grip on my SLR rail to save my life. I know someone in this thread had an issue with that before, so what's the trick? I even took the entire bottom section off the grip and it still wouldn't click in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Just checked and I didn't see that first MD above shown on your site.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:44:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You have to loosen the screws.  You'll need a two prong security key to do it.  Mine won't fit on my other keymod handguards now, only on my two SLRs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't get the Bravo Co key mod vert grip on my SLR rail to save my life. I know someone in this thread had an issue with that before, so what's the trick? I even took the entire bottom section off the grip and it still wouldn't click in.

You have to loosen the screws.  You'll need a two prong security key to do it.  Mine won't fit on my other keymod handguards now, only on my two SLRs.

I grabbed the two keymod screws with pliers and tried to turn them and all I did was chew the shit out them.  I love everything about this HG but this, and right now bravo is the only company making a key mod vert so my whole plan is kind of messed up now; as in my light set up specifically.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I grabbed the two keymod screws with pliers and tried to turn them and all I did was chew the shit out them.  I love everything about this HG but this, and right now bravo is the only company making a key mod vert so my whole plan is kind of messed up now; as in my light set up specifically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used a security bit that I picked up from the local hardware store.  They were tight, but I was able to get them turned.  Samson and Unity Tactical also have Keymod VFGs.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:55:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I used a security bit that I picked up from the local hardware store.  They were tight, but I was able to get them turned.  Samson and Unity Tactical also have Keymod VFGs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know there are others.  I don't like aluminum vert grips (been there done that with troy) and the unity one looks cheesy. I guess I'll try to get a key.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't know there are others.  I don't like aluminum vert grips (been there done that with troy) and the unity one looks cheesy. I guess I'll try to get a key.
View Quote

You could make the key from a flat head bit.  Just dremel or file out the middle until it fits in the two holes on top of the screw.  I needed a Torx security key previously though, so I bought the full set.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:22:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You could make the key from a flat head bit.  Just dremel or file out the middle until it fits in the two holes on top of the screw.  I needed a Torx security key previously though, so I bought the full set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruining a tool sounds like a PITA. Appreciate the info though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Has SLR ever thought about making a enlarged  trigger Guard? Or is that one of those items that too many else are doing. I wouldn't mind seeing a carbon fiber one to match the hand guard panels assuming carbon fiber is structurally sound enough

I have changed my around a bit I'm trying to go even lighter weight. Sits at 6lbs 9oz as pictured without mag. I think once some panels are out I'll like those and a handstop better than a vfg because this thing isn't front heavy and I tend to like streamlined builds. Even with the flashlight.  The SLR rail had the perfect amount of slots to fit the Elzetta mount and a DD front sight. I really like the simplicity of this set up. Going to order a bcm stock next.

I would like to grab one of those parts that goes here on the newer rails.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Todd, that Synergy Comp looks really nice.  I've got a Griffin Flash Comp that this could replace, b/c I like your stuff.

Question, Griffin's FC mod 1 had ports on top at the 11:30-12:30 which, testers found, pushed the muzzle down a touch when firing (similar to the BattleComp).  Their next gen removed those ports at the top and found a very neutral result...what you want to see from a comp.  

When firing yours, do you experience any downward push (I see the Syn Comp has open top ports)?  I'm curious as to what removing those ports and keeping everything else the same would result in (ports open all around except for the 5-7 oclock).

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the mloc 14 going to be the next version made and at about what price now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the .308 anti rotation mechanism going to be making its way over to the 5.56 rails as well?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes we think so. Gives more choices for receivers since the trend is away from Mil-Spec stuff right now.

Next time extrusion is delivered I think we will start. Probably November. We will have to make a new vertical fixture to cut the end holes for all the lengths.. Its a time consuming process.

It'll take a while for them to filter all the way through the 45 Solo variations.

Anyone interested in a quad rail?

How about a rail without KMOD or MLOK ? Just lightening holes or hell coil mounts for existing bolt on accessories ?

Just curious.

Todd

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the .308 anti rotation mechanism going to be making its way over to the 5.56 rails as well?

Yes we think so. Gives more choices for receivers since the trend is away from Mil-Spec stuff right now.

Next time extrusion is delivered I think we will start. Probably November. We will have to make a new vertical fixture to cut the end holes for all the lengths.. Its a time consuming process.

It'll take a while for them to filter all the way through the 45 Solo variations.

How about a rail without KMOD or MLOK ? Just lightening holes or hell coil mounts for existing bolt on accessories ?

Just curious.

Todd

I'd really like something similar to the original Intrepid.  I was kinda sad to see them go away before I got a chance to order one.  Also wouldn't mind a large ID offering to shield a suppressor or KX3.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Just curious.

Todd

View Quote
Yea larger ID to shroud suppressor w lightening holes (non Key mod, non m lok) yet much lighter and ventilating in both small frame (556) and large frame (762) would be awesome. Keep the QD slots in same location as recent models.  If even lighter than the key mod and m lok, you'd have a real winner.  No need for a full picatiny rail at top, just at front end at 12 9 6 and 3 o clock.  Am I making any sense at all? :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:18:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just curious.

Todd

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious.

Todd

I would actually like to see a quad rail. I have a SASS build that is just getting started and if you announced a quad rail I would wait on it for sure. I have a Troy that I picked up off the EE that I'm not too stoked to use. I like your designs and would love to have an SLR quad rail on this build.

BTW There's no logical reason to put a quad rail on this build I just want to do it that way
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got my 14" Solo Ultra Lite MLok yesterday. This is a VERY nice rail and super easy to install.

SLR is a great company to do business with. Very quick to respond to questions and very accommodating to special requests. I wanted a 14" hand guard for a 14.5" lightweight build and really liked the Solo Ultra Lite with MLOK but only the Solo, Solo Lite and Intrepid were available in 14". I emailed SLR with my request, on a Saturday no less, and received a reply from Todd within the hour; "we can do that". 3 weeks later and I have the exact hand guard I wanted. What a great company.

Pictures to follow
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Let me say publicly that SLR has the best customer service I have ever experienced by far, and that is saying a lot because I have dealt with many good vendors. Wow.

Excellent products, excellent customer service, I'm sold for life.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Here are some photos of my Colt 6920 with the first SLR Solo Ultra Lite 14" MLOK hand guard. Now all I need is a Renegade charging handle and some MLOK rail covers.

Please excuse the crude phone pics.

Colt 6920
BCM 14.5” Enhanced Lightweight barrel, mid-length
SLR Sentry 6 Adjustable gas block
SLR Black Nitride gas tube
SLR Solo Ultra Lite 14” MLOK
SLR Barricade Mod 2 Hand stop
Lantac Dragon Muzzle brake
Geigele SSA-E trigger
JP Silent Captured Spring buffer
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Here are some photos of my Colt 6920 with the first SLR Solo Ultra Lite 14" MLOK hand guard. Now all I need is a Renegade charging handle and some MLOK rail covers.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/SLR/2014-10-12%2019.07.42.jpg?_subject_uid=76381847&w=AADd1MwnMcenEpbmX9KucQl2bTD_T-LMzq7RJRLEqMdx_w

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/SLR/2014-10-12%2019.09.35.jpg?_subject_uid=76381847&w=AADT2LuVDcjLOGzflS1PI4Fyu2-Dkse6x086MHFS8UbfQg

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/SLR/2014-10-12%2019.10.19.jpg?_subject_uid=76381847&w=AACpU-Dg8XaPGfNQluo6l9rdC7CqqsGlScNUfn5fqvKxzg

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/SLR/2014-10-12%2019.09.06.jpg?_subject_uid=76381847&w=AADQx6HqjVtkAGwF5VCFjDvSpqNzPKkrD6xE5iY62OutPA

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/SLR/2014-10-12%2019.10.56.jpg?_subject_uid=76381847&w=AADl0Dj1pKsh7gbbnWhhL65UcPfw4xsuEx6ZtbO1ZGlecA

Colt 6920
Geigele SSA-E trigger
View Quote

I'll just take your word that it looks great.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All new  super sano Anti rotation system adapts to any  7.62 Upper receiver.
View Quote

Hello Todd,

can You please tell us in details how this new anti-rotation system works and how it differs fom the "original" anti-rotation solution?

What is the role of this "brass-colored" insert?

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/SLRrifleworks/DSC_6684_zps36b91e83.jpg

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#29]
finally something that will give me a reason to build a 308
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt 6920
Geigele SSA-E trigger

Sorry, the new links should work.

George
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Is this on a 308 or AR15?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey Todd. What about, and I'm just spit balling here, if you could do like mlok all around or even have mlok then just similar looking slots above and below. Also what about those little lines running the full lenth of the rail whats up with those things, could you do a run with out those or is apart of the extrusion? all this without the full top rail of course........just ideas.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We really have been wanting to get in the drop in 5.56 HG market. That's the main push to develop this the last few month .It takes a new extrusion to do it so we went ahead and made it work for free float and drop in versions as well as the G2.

Should be pretty cool but it's still months away
Die is being made then test runs and so on..

Takes some time to sort it all out

Todd

View Quote

I'm excited for this, I want a change from my Fortis 14" on my 14.5" upper.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I was interested in your mlok 16.5" for an M&P 10, you got anything available???
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was interested in your mlok 16.5" for an M&P 10, you got anything available???
View Quote

Plus 1
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hello Todd,

can You please tell us in details how this new anti-rotation system works and how it differs fom the "original" anti-rotation solution?

Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hello Todd,

Thanks!

bumping this question
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:36:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

bumping this question
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hello Todd,

Thanks!

bumping this question

It's pretty obvious how it works.  The gas tube goes through the center of it and locks it in place, the handguard then fits over it and is prevented from rotating.  There's another company doing this as well, I forget who though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#41]
These drop in hand guards will they require cutting the delta ring and handguard cap off? If the don't I see a mid length and a rifle length in my future.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:03:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
These drop in hand guards will they require cutting the delta ring and handguard cap off? If the don't I see a mid length and a rifle length in my future.
View Quote

Making an assumption on what Todd is planning, but drop in handguards use the delta ring and handguard cap. The type that use the standard barrel nut and require removal of the delta ring are usually a two piece free float design. Drop ins aren't free float.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Posted: 10/12/2014 1:24:05 AM EDT
[Jump To Reply]Quoted:
14" Solo KeyMod and MLOK should be on the site by the end of the week coming up. Ano has been taking a bit longer the last few months.
12,13,14,15,16.5" are the projected lengths.

Solo, Solo Lite, Ultra Lite and Intrepid(full bottom rail) in KM and ML are the variations.

All above will be SR25/DPMS High

DPMS low versions will come after we get the first run of variations done.

I'm open to suggestions for different configs.

I'll post weights as they come available.

Stay tuned. Todd

Hey Todd...any update on the new timeframe for the 7.62 handrails ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Posted: 10/12/2014 1:24:05 AM EDT
[Jump To Reply]Quoted:
14" Solo KeyMod and MLOK should be on the site by the end of the week coming up. Ano has been taking a bit longer the last few months.
12,13,14,15,16.5" are the projected lengths.

Solo, Solo Lite, Ultra Lite and Intrepid(full bottom rail) in KM and ML are the variations.

All above will be SR25/DPMS High

DPMS low versions will come after we get the first run of variations done.

I'm open to suggestions for different configs.

I'll post weights as they come available.

Stay tuned. Todd

Hey Todd...any update on the new timeframe for the 7.62 handrails ?
View Quote

Talked to him yesterday and he said any day now.  Had a pretty monster large order go through ano.  Could possibly be in tomorrow thats my hope.  Maybe he knows more or maybe he is sorting through his huge order getting ready to post it up right now...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#45]
It's pretty obvious how it works.  The gas tube goes through the center of it and locks it in place, the handguard then fits over it and is prevented from rotating.  There's another company doing this as well, I forget who though.
View Quote

So the gas tube alone will be restraining the handguard from rotation? Or there will be 2 "shoulders" on the handuard to rest on the upper?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#46]
What size wrench do i need for the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What size wrench do i need for the barrel nut?
View Quote

1-1/4" I use this this one
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Finished new build sporting Carbon Panels and Solo rail. Thanks for the awesome products!!!

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#49]
7" Solo Ultra Lite

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top