Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 28
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Todd. How much closer are you to getting the large I.D. handguards ready for production. So I can put a suppressor under one of your awsome hand guards. Thanx.
Larry
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That sounds great! I've purchased 3 hand guards from you and am totally happy.  I would like a larger ID for my next build for suppressor use.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Summer.

We have a few neat things coming. Of course we are moving the machine shop to a new location next month and also bringing 2-3 more verticals on line so everything take way too long from concept to production.

Thanks!

Todd
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Todd. How much closer are you to getting the large I.D. handguards ready for production. So I can put a suppressor under one of your awsome hand guards. Thanx.
Larry

Summer.

We have a few neat things coming. Of course we are moving the machine shop to a new location next month and also bringing 2-3 more verticals on line so everything take way too long from concept to production.

Thanks!

Todd
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
where do i enter the coupon code?

nevermind i found it
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Summer.

Thanks!

Todd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larry

Summer.

Thanks!

Todd

Boom! I will be in for one of these. I had to get a rainier arms force rail for my Syrac piston set up.  I originally had one of yours!  Thanks for letting me return it!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Solo Lite 9" Keymod and the SLR barricade stop.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://www.hillierr.com/arfcom/sbr/SBR01.jpg  
View Quote

Who makes those panels??
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Who makes those panels??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who makes those panels??

Rail scales
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Todd, I'm building a varmint rifle was wondering if your Solo series 16.5"  would be compatible with a barrel OD of 1.04" at the widest point and a low profile 0.936 gas block?

This is the one I want to use for this build:

16.5" SOLO SERIES KEYMOD HANDGUARD Product Code: 16KM-SOLO

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_106_69&product_id=115

Thanks!

Mike
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:51:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I now have one on my 8" 300 blk SBR, just got one for my 10.5

I have one on my 300 and 223 SBRs and just ordered one for my Core30 308. The best handguards I have ever used.  If you like the handguards and want a perfect smooth shooting rifle, get set up with one of his adjustable gas blocks.  Both my SBRs run them and work with and without my suppressor.  Thanks Todd!

'
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Thought I would post some SLR goodness!

mmmm full auto

A little trimming was needed

Trying to stay somewhat weight conscious

test fitting
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Todd,

I'm building a suppressed, 8.5" barreled SBR and would like to use one of your 8" Solo's.  If the Solo is exactly 8", as stated previously in this thread, I believe it will be just a little bit too long to install the silencer.  I'm currently waiting on the form 1 and 4 approvals so I don't have the parts available to make exact measurements.  However, using the barrel dimensions I obtained from Noveske,  it looks like it will be about 3/16" too long.  

I know I could use the 7" but it would leave a large gap between the rail and silencer.  I want to minimize that gap as much as possible.

Do you have any plans to release a 7.8"(ish) version for folks with 8.5" barrels?  If not, would it be possible to shave ~0.2" off the end of the Solo without reaching the first vent holes?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Todd,

I'm building a suppressed, 8.5" barreled SBR and would like to use one of your 8" Solo's.  If the Solo is exactly 8", as stated previously in this thread, I believe it will be just a little bit too long to install the silencer.  I'm currently waiting on the form 1 and 4 approvals so I don't have the parts available to make exact measurements.  However, using the barrel dimensions I obtained from Noveske,  it looks like it will be about 3/16" too long.  

I know I could use the 7" but it would leave a large gap between the rail and silencer.  I want to minimize that gap as much as possible.

Do you have any plans to release a 7.8"(ish) version for folks with 8.5" barrels?  If not, would it be possible to shave ~0.2" off the end of the Solo without reaching the first vent holes?
View Quote

I've been following this thread for a while while researching my 300 BLK build. I wanted the same set up as you, 8.5 barrel and 8 inch Solo Lite handguard. I actually just asked Todd for exact measurements on a couple Solo Lite handguard lengths to see if it would work and here's what he replied:

7" is 7-1/4"
8" is 8-3/16"
9"is 9-1/4"
11" is 11"

*** EDIT TO CLARIFY: the above measurements were provided in reference to the M-LOK Solo Lite handguards. The 8 inch KEYMOD Solo Lite is advertised as exactly 8 inches on the SLR website. ***

I just bought the 8 inch M-Lok Solo Lite during this weekends sale and decided to cut down a longer barrel (and resize the gas port a bit) to get a close for with my can.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you like that setup with the naroh rear and SLR front handstops? That's my plan exactly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How do you like that setup with the naroh rear and SLR front handstops? That's my plan exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really like it. I put the Naroh between my last two fingers and don't really touch the front barricade stop when shooting.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been following this thread for a while while researching my 300 BLK build. I wanted the same set up as you, 8.5 barrel and 8 inch Solo Lite handguard. I actually just asked Todd for exact measurements on a couple Solo Lite handguard lengths to see if it would work and here's what he replied:

7" is 7-1/4"
8" is 8-3/16"
9"is 9-1/4"
11" is 11"

I just bought the 8 inch Solo Lite during this weekends sale and decided to cut down a longer barrel (and resize the gas port a bit) to get a close for with my can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Todd,

7" is 7-1/4"
8" is 8-3/16"
9"is 9-1/4"
11" is 11"

I just bought the 8 inch Solo Lite during this weekends sale and decided to cut down a longer barrel (and resize the gas port a bit) to get a close for with my can.

Whoa!  The 8" is really 8-3/16"?  In that case, it wouldn't come close to working on my build.

No matter, I went ahead and ordered the 7" to take advantage of the weekend sale.  It will have more of a gap than I would like, but at least I know everything will fit.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Whoa!  The 8" is really 8-3/16"?  In that case, it wouldn't come close to working on my build.

No matter, I went ahead and ordered the 7" to take advantage of the weekend sale.  It will have more of a gap than I would like, but at least I know everything will fit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Todd,

7" is 7-1/4"

8" is 8-3/16"

9"is 9-1/4"

11" is 11"

You will be pleased.  SLR is top notch stuff and once you see the thing, you'll be amazed at the weight, simplicity, and pure aesthetics.

At least I was.  That's why I keep going back!  Got my 5th Sentry in the mail right now, and about to order my 4th handguard, in addition to a muzzle device and some handstops and panels.  Everything is beautiful and works well. Congrats.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's my latest from the guy and/or guys at SLR.  I would not have had such a pretty rifle to play with.  And good lord is she a shooter!

Thanks SLR again for making this ridiculously long handguard for the 18" soft shooter!

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:14:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Sir!  So you now have AR10 versiou of the solo ultralight???!!!  

How much does the shorterst one (13"?) weigh including the barrel nut???  

Is it like a 1.75" OD?  

Thx
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Is that a mega 308 lower?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Some SLR love on a 10.3" SBR
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Any plans to make a rail with the keymod at 45 degree?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any plans to make a rail with the keymod at 45 degree?
View Quote

Definitely would be in for that!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#25]
These are some great looking hand guards. Loving the carbon fiber. How is the quality overall?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
These are some great looking hand guards. Loving the carbon fiber. How is the quality overall?
View Quote

The quality is as good as any rail I have ever owned. I have owned spikes, Larue, cmt, rainier and a few others. They are great I love the no need to time the barrel nut also.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Any updates on the carbon fiber panels?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You read my mind haha
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#29]
What's the weight on this one?
http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_106_70&product_id=397

the 10" version says 8.2oz....
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]
2 more Pics:

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this an entirely new way to secure the rail or can these parts be procured and fitted to my existing SLR rail replacing the older style?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Entirely new. Barrel nut is longer and mount is different, other than that the rail is the same from what I have seen them say.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Why the change?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why the change?
View Quote

It's the 4th gen. They are always trying to make their products better. I have had two gen 1 rails that are rock solid. I wouldn't worry about the different generations. However, I will say the newer gen rails are lighter than my gen 1 with steel barrel nut.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's the 4th gen. They are always trying to make their products better. I have had two gen 1 rails that are rock solid. I wouldn't worry about the different generations. However, I will say the newer gen rails are lighter than my gen 1 with steel barrel nut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the change?

Fair enough!

I noticed quite a few new handguard option since I visited the site last. I like the innovative mentality. Any plans for an exactly 7.5, 8, or 8.5 mlok solo lite, Todd? That would save me some headache on my latest project and I'd be persuaded to buy another!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fair enough!

I noticed quite a few new handguard option since I visited the site last. I like the innovative mentality. Any plans for an exactly 7.5, 8, or 8.5 mlok solo lite, Todd? That would save me some headache on my latest project and I'd be persuaded to buy another!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the change?

Fair enough!

Pretty sure they will make you one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the change?

Fair enough!

Think so? Man, that'd be great if they did.

If you make guys make an exactly 8 inch solo lite mlok, I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why the change?

Fair enough!

They have 8" solo lite mlok rails on their site.

I need a 9.5" solo lite keymod
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough!

The 9" solo lite is actually 9.25" long. Works perfectly with my 10.3" barrel.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough!

Good to know! Thanks

ETA: Can anyone tell me the differences from Gen1 - Gen4?

I have an opportunity to pick up a gen1 (maybe gen2) at a great price..just wondering if I should pony up the extra cash for a newer version

Nevermind. 54 pages of info
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Right... The 8 inch solo lite mlok is actually 8 3/16 inches, which convenient enough is just about 3/16 too long for my project. I'm looking for exactly 8 inches. Note that the description of some rails, like the 8 inch keymod solo lite, list exact measurements.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You read my mind haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You read my mind haha

Any hope on ever seeing the carbon fiber panels again?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

All 8" are exact going forward. I have both 8" and 8-3/16" in stock.

I have many many more 8" due to show up any day from ano as well.

Give a call or send an email if I can help

8557577435 or [email protected]

Thanks Todd

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right... The 8 inch solo lite mlok is actually 8 3/16 inches, which convenient enough is just about 3/16 too long for my project. I'm looking for exactly 8 inches. Note that the description of some rails, like the 8 inch keymod solo lite, list exact measurements.

All 8" are exact going forward. I have both 8" and 8-3/16" in stock.

I have many many more 8" due to show up any day from ano as well.

Give a call or send an email if I can help

8557577435 or [email protected]

Thanks Todd

Awesome. You guys are quickly rising up on my list of go-to companies. Really like what you guys are doing. I'll keep my eye on the site and hit you up if I have any questions. May try and see if I can hold out for another sale since I'm waiting on some other parts anyways.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Need pics of the 4.75in and 5.5in rails you have listed on your site please. I got a 9mm build in need.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top