User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul AFG keymod direct mount

I agree that non-keymod lights and grips look funky when added to the rail sections. So I direct mounted a magupul AFG with the provided key-mod nuts and some hex head screws I got at the hardware store. (The FDE color is a bit more 'bronze' than the magpul FDE, but not as much as it appears in these photos). I had to drill a hole in the AFG to tighten the rear bolt.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:10:30 AM EDT
[#2]
that is exactly what I want to do Climb.  I have been thinking about taking off a bit of the AFG so it sits closer to the rail.  but don't want to ruin the strength of the AFG.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I direct mounted my Magpul grip without any fasteners.  A little triming with a razor knife and sanding down the mating surfaces to tighten up the grip on the rail and its just a fit.  An easy way to evenly sand down is lay it flat on a concrete driveway and let the concrete be your sander.

(yes, I know its mounted backwards, but thats how it works best for me)

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Would your 10.5" version "work" with a 10.5" barrel? Just going to run a brake or A2... Rail looks great guys.... priced right too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What barrel length is that? Thanks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
will this fit a psa upper reciever pa 10 also the website says it comes with a barrel wrench does it come with a barrel nut or is it a typo
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
will this fit a psa upper reciever pa 10 also the website says it comes with a barrel wrench does it come with a barrel nut or is it a typo
View Quote

Comes with both
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I direct mounted my Magpul grip without any fasteners.  A little triming with a razor knife and sanding down the mating surfaces to tighten up the grip on the rail and its just a fit.  An easy way to evenly sand down is lay it flat on a concrete driveway and let the concrete be your sander.

(yes, I know its mounted backwards, but thats how it works best for me)
View Quote
Instead of that huge contraption just for that small amount of angle for you, use this instead:
Gripstop (by Lanco Tactical)

B5 Systems is releasing their version of it soon, somewhere - - or sometime this year.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered a twelve inch lightweight keymod model. How long before you let me know a) if it is in stock b)if not, how long it will be?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I am used to seeing a Picatinney rails on the sides, I notice that the new breed of rail are minus that. Can you install side rails?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am used to seeing a Picatinney rails on the sides, I notice that the new breed of rail are minus that. Can you install side rails?
View Quote

Yes you can install picatinny rail sections 2" - 5" long or so.  If you want more than that, you shouldn't buy a keymod rail I guess.  Just buy a quad rail.   The intent of keymod and mlock is to lighten the rail weight.  Adding lots of picatinny sections defeats the purpose.

On the other hand, more and more accessories are becoming available that are directly keymod/mlock  compatible. So the need for picatinny side rails is diminishing.

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top