Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Ordered a set direct yesterday.  The pins on my LMT are a pain in the butt.  Can't wait to give these a try.

BAD ASS was already a must for any build.  May be adding these to the list.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You won't be disappointed. Well thought out and executed upgrade!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know, the EMR still needs to be tested, the receiver has a few little tweaks to complete
View Quote

Well, if you need a tester for the EMR I think I can help you out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure how I missed this all this time, but I just put 3 on my amazon wish lish.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:36:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:53:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The EMR and EBC will probably be introduced very close together, we'll finalize the design on both of them very soon
View Quote

Ah...so you are going to release your bolt catch? I thought you had scrapped it and were just using the Seekins.

Can't wait to see/buy them both!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]
It would be pretty cool to see a catch that had a flat surface covered in dempels .
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IM inbound.
EMR prototypes are going out tomorrow

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
IM inbound.
EMR prototypes are going out tomorrow

Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know, the EMR still needs to be tested, the receiver has a few little tweaks to complete

Well, if you need a tester for the EMR I think I can help you out.

I can toss one on my new SBR lower and try it

Link Posted: 12/16/2013 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

santantactical's STT-15 receiver has dimpled control surface on the mag release button, bolt release, etc.
View Quote
Duffy have you gotten to handle their lower? I just saw one for the first time online and am really thinking of buying it over the AXTS AX556, considering both are true billet ambi lowers... but the STT-15 comes in at over $100 less.

Link Posted: 12/16/2013 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Duffy have you gotten to handle their lower? I just saw one for the first time online and am really thinking of buying it over the AXTS AX556, considering both are true billet ambi lowers... but the STT-15 comes in at over $100 less.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
santantactical's STT-15 receiver has dimpled control surface on the mag release button, bolt release, etc.

I don't think the STT-15 has an ambi bolt hold back, therefore it isn't a true ambi lower.
Link Posted: 12/16/2013 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]
That is awesome to hear! I contacted them via their web form on Friday and hoping to hear back from them soon. If they are running such a deal I am most certainly getting their lower with your parts. I LOVE the BAD-ASS selector and the pin set is just icing on the cake. For a personal rifle it's almost necessary in the field.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#22]
My EPS set is sitting in customs clearance now, together with couple of new Magpul light mounts. Can't wait to get all of them.

Video how to change rear pin without removing castle nut is very helpful - HK does stack nut pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 5:48:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Will these work on a colt sporter with a screw on pivot pin?
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/21/2013 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I really need to pick up a few more sets.... these are a great upgrade and highly functional.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I really need to pick up a few more sets.... these are a great upgrade and highly functional.

<a href="http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/1535518_589945141077610_686766533_n_zps2d7d2a8b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/1535518_589945141077610_686766533_n_zps2d7d2a8b.jpg</a>
View Quote

Still digging these pins. I have a request though. I would love to see levers for the BAD CASS system in a length exactly half way between the short and long levers. The long is, well, too long and the short takes a little too much force to move even after shortening the spring. I think just a bit more length on a short one would greatly enhance the leverage without it getting in the way during use.

I know I'm splitting hairs but its worth a shot.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You got them shipped to Poland?
View Quote

Of course. They are under $100 (and not on USML) and you are registered manufacturer so no separate export license was needed. Are you?

Anyway my usual exporter is usually very strict on following export regulations (sometimes more strict, that regulations are).
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:28:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We are indeed registered with ITAR
View Quote

As every manufacturer in industry should be

I'll let you know how they work in my HK, maybe even I make a review for my favorite gun magazine (they always need something short to fill up page with some ad ).
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any suggestion as to the length?

We thought about a "mid-length" lever, we weren't sure how to position it, whether as a thumb side lever (with less leverage than a standard lever), or a trigger finger side lever (more usable, but more interference for the trigger finger at the same time).
View Quote

As far as length I would say dead center between the long and short lever. As far as placement I would probably use it on both side but the thumb side for sure. I'm running 2 shorts on the 45 short throw system.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They will work on the HK416, not sure about the MR556 though, since they need a tool or bullet to unlock.  If the MR556 still uses the 0.250 holes for the take down and pivot pin, and there are no changes in the receiver to accommodate the locking aspects of the pins, ours should work just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They will work on the HK416, not sure about the MR556 though, since they need a tool or bullet to unlock.  If the MR556 still uses the 0.250 holes for the take down and pivot pin, and there are no changes in the receiver to accommodate the locking aspects of the pins, ours should work just fine.

Modification is only in pins, receivers are standard. Those HK pins are actually good at removing play between receivers, but very early MR223 rifles had standard pins from HK416 and play was minimal anyway (I had one of those very early rifles). I was going to replace them with standard pins, but when I saw your pins listed in Brownells, I knew I want them

Quoted:
Quoted:

We thought about a "mid-length" lever, we weren't sure how to position it, whether as a thumb side lever (with less leverage than a standard lever), or a trigger finger side lever (more usable, but more interference for the trigger finger at the same time).

As far as length I would say dead center between the long and short lever. As far as placement I would probably use it on both side but the thumb side for sure. I'm running 2 shorts on the 45 short throw system.

I did not use BAD-ASS 45dgr, but I use other make 45dgr safety (Hera - uses similar length for levers). I also think that for 45dgr option lever length in between those two would be improvement. Especially thumb side, as mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#36]
just got my set in... I was custom cutting YHM pins.  can wait to get these in, i was tired of having to "make" the YHM set up work.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow nice looking pins :)
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

I have an idea about this, but need to draw it up. I'll knock something out in a little while.

ETA: Please excuse the crude drawing and I didn't specify dimensions etc. because I have no clue what they would be. I always wanted to see this based on the thin lever. The serrations would, of course, be on the angled surface facing the rear of the rifle. Continuing the serrations over the side wouldn't be a bad idea either. I use various combinations of levers based on lower, but I've always been partial to the thin and short-thin, but I find myself using the hybrid on rifles with selector stops. I think a design like this would work well in that scenario as well.  I didn't show the serrations on the bottom, but we all know they exist.

Link Posted: 12/25/2013 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestion

There is one problem with such levers: there will need to be two versions, one for the left side, and one for the right
View Quote

True.

Some people, like me, could benefit from only 1 lever like was mocked up. I use the left side safety lever to take the gun off safe, while I use the right side safety lever to put the gun on safe. Would work perfectly
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have an idea about this, but need to draw it up. I'll knock something out in a little while.

ETA: Please excuse the crude drawing and I didn't specify dimensions etc. because I have no clue what they would be. I always wanted to see this based on the thin lever. The serrations would, of course, be on the angled surface facing the rear of the rifle. Continuing the serrations over the side wouldn't be a bad idea either. I use various combinations of levers based on lower, but I've always been partial to the thin and short-thin, but I find myself using the hybrid on rifles with selector stops. I think a design like this would work well in that scenario as well.  I didn't show the serrations on the bottom, but we all know they exist.

http://www.hillierr.com/arfcom/thin_slant.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that idea. I'd buy one to try it out
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
True.

Some people, like me, could benefit from only 1 lever like was mocked up. I use the left side safety lever to take the gun off safe, while I use the right side safety lever to put the gun on safe. Would work perfectly
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is one problem with such levers: there will need to be two versions, one for the left side, and one for the right

True.

Which is my method of operation as well. I shoot my rifles lefty. This would work good on both sides for me and a right handed person shooting my gun with selector stops could still actuate the lever easily. That's my one issue with the hybrid, it's a bit in the way for us lefties, but perfect when shooting right handed with stops. If I had to pick a side, this would go on the left side of receiver for. The straight bottom would make it easy to place on safe for a lefty. The angled, serrated surface would work right handed.  Hell, I may jut modify one of my thin levers when I get bored.

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Leave it to me to not totally think it through.

Link Posted: 12/26/2013 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is inspiring. To keep it even for both sides a medium length tear drop shape would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC, awesome idea and draw up!  agree with the top and bottom serrations. want one on both sides for switch hitting.
iso
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Just ordered a set of these! I have been ordering something everyday for the last week, about to order a trigger group from you guys!
Thanks
Mike
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top