Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 7/20/2013 3:26:08 AM
[Last Edit: 8/14/2013 7:58:05 PM by TR_Enabling]
Introducing the Latest version of our 80% Lowers

We have been producing lowers for quite some time now. Recently we made some changes to the design based on feedback from our customers and dealers. The best part is we were able to greatly reduce our cost in manufacturing these, which allows us to reduce your price.

Our lowers are cut from a solid piece of 6061-T6 and then once all the machine work is finished the mag well is broached. We then Vibratory tumble the lower to de-bur it and also surface harden it.
TR-Enabling.com

?Broached Mag-well
?Threaded Bolt Catch Pin Hole
?Threaded Takedown Pin Detent Spring Hole
?Oversized Trigger-well To Allow For Gloves
?Beveled Magazine-well For Ease of Magazine Insertion
?Receiver Ships Blank WITHOUT Any Images, Logo’s, Serial#, Model, etc.
?Ready to be Polished or Media Blasted for Coating
?Receivers Are Vibratory Tumbled To Harden and Polish Surface

Our jigs are 69.00 and will work with multiple lowers to include forged lowers.
TR-Enabling.com the go to source for custom Build-it-yourself AR parts and accessories. We are Combat Veteran/Active Duty Owned and Operated.
TR_Enabling
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/25/2013 1:47:54 AM
I wanted to bring up that we are or are one of the lowest priced Billet 80% on the market. I bring this up because I do not want someone to think that this is a cheap product or that we cut corners. Many ask where did the bling bling shiny go, and what did we change? It's simple we really stepped up our game and invested money into new techniques to cut our cost every way possible while making the product better every step of the way. Instead of staying with the "market" at elevated prices, we vowed to get our price down as low as possible. To the "Pre Panic" prices. Below are some of the Upgrades we have made in this process along with pictures for proof.

1. Most importantly we NOW Broach ALL of our Lowers. No more stepped mag well like in this picture below which shows a milled mag well vs. our broached mag well. Look at the broach's sharp corners.

2. Why do we Vibratory tumble our Lowers? Multiple reasons, it De-burs the lower so less hand work is involved. It removes the milling marks that can be seen below coating if it is not properly prepped (again less hand preparation time). It work hardens the surface, literally beating the molecules into a "tighter" more uniform structure, increasing the rockwell hardness of the surface. This reduces the possibility of dents and dings while handling and after coating. The surface has uniformity making the coating process easier and with much better results. Making even amateurs look like pro builders.

3. We increased the Deep Angle Mag Well Opening.

4. All our lowers come Standard with a Threaded Bolt Catch and Industry First Custom Bolt Catch Hardware.

TR-Enabling.com the go to source for custom Build-it-yourself AR parts and accessories. We are Combat Veteran/Active Duty Owned and Operated.
mak91
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/25/2013 5:58:13 AM
Ordered 1 on Saturday and had it in my hands 4 days later. Finish and machining measure up right on the money. A great product at a great price. Thanks for taking this to market.
Cixelsyd
LUSH
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/25/2013 7:25:07 AM
I've got a couple of your previous versions. I thought they looked great.
The new ones being broached and tumbled will take a few steps out of completing one. Good job...and I like the price too!

CHRIS
Life Member:
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Grass Roots North Carolina
North Carolina Rifle and Pistol Association
BoHeck
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/25/2013 8:38:00 AM
Looks good other than not being 7075 but price is right.
STEVE717
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/25/2013 10:41:08 PM
The only thing that stopped me was the 6061! Offer both, what's the material cost difference each lower?
Dan_Gray
Panda
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/25/2013 10:54:29 PM
I think one of these needs to be an M16 with a Panda on it.
Official 24/365: other Dan
Why do people keep asking for justice for Trayvon, he got justice last year!
FTW_Coatings
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/27/2013 10:26:20 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By STEVE717:
The only thing that stopped me was the 6061! Offer both, what's the material cost difference each lower?

And the debate rages on. The 6061 vs 7075 debate is moot. They make these out of plastic.
Dan_Gray
Panda
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/27/2013 11:55:35 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By FTW_Coatings:
Originally Posted By STEVE717:

And the debate rages on. The 6061 vs 7075 debate is moot. They make these out of plastic.

Agreed, though I've yet to see a traditional style plastic lower that was worth a shit, the difference in these two aluminum recipes will never make itself apparent to 99.9999999% of AR shooters.
Wangstang
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/29/2013 10:42:22 PM
[Last Edit: 7/29/2013 10:42:56 PM by Wangstang]
I almost pulled the tigger on a Jig and an 80% lower...but...Between the $11.00 in sales tax and the $18.00 in shipping, pricing went out of my reasonable range. If you guys can work out a free shipping deal, I'd be happy to place an order and pay the sales tax.

Wes
TR_Enabling
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 1:51:11 AM
Wes the shipping was not correct at 18 if you placed an order for 1 lower. I am sending you a PM.
D-Rock43
Fart Smeller
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/1/2013 3:11:55 PM
Mine came in the mail today and it appears to be a really nice product for the price. Shipping was quick also. Can't wait to get this project underway! Thanks guys!

This receiver will be going into my girlfriend's gun. I'm kind of disappointed that it won't be going into mine.

Perhaps I'll have to order another one!
NCHornet
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2013 3:44:39 PM
Anyone have one of these finished yet? Just curious on what has to still be done and what it cost to finish the lower. Costs can quickly add up and not be worth it, but I am very interested in buying a few of these. Thanks
D-Rock43
Fart Smeller
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2013 9:45:43 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By NCHornet:
Anyone have one of these finished yet? Just curious on what has to still be done and what it cost to finish the lower. Costs can quickly add up and not be worth it, but I am very interested in buying a few of these. Thanks

Working on one right now. I'll post pics when finished.

What still needs to be done is the milling of the FGC area, drilling of the hammer pin, trigger pin, and safety holes, and cutting/drilling a hole for the trigger. After that anodizing/ painting. Pretty standard 80% procedure.

Cost depends on what machinery you have. I'm using a drill press with an end mill and a jig. Milling an 80% definitely isn't the most cost effective method of obtaining a receiver, but the end result is something that you can be proud of because you made it yourself. On top of that, no serial # or paper trace back to you.
Dan_Gray
Panda
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2013 11:14:42 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Wangstang:
I almost pulled the tigger on a Jig and an 80% lower...but...Between the $11.00 in sales tax and the $18.00 in shipping, pricing went out of my reasonable range. If you guys can work out a free shipping deal, I'd be happy to place an order and pay the sales tax.

Wes

And sales tax?
TacticalPenguin
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/3/2013 11:35:54 PM
The most important question though, do you ship to Canada?
Wangstang
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/5/2013 9:17:31 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TR_Enabling:
Wes the shipping was not correct at 18 if you placed an order for 1 lower. I am sending you a PM.

Check your PM's when you get a sec.

Thanks
Wes
D-Rock43
Fart Smeller
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/7/2013 9:48:04 PM
[Last Edit: 8/7/2013 9:57:53 PM by D-Rock43]
I finished milling out my 80% today. I still have a little sanding left on some of the rough spots and some of the accidental dings. Here are the pics:

For some reason the jig I used (not TR) lined up slightly to the right side. I'm sure it won't cause any issues though. I dinged up the rear pocket a little bit while using the longer end mill, but again I'm sure everything will be structurally sound. It locks up nice and tight with an upper.

Overall I am happy with the results. I really like the look of this receiver and will be buying more. Great product!

I plan on putting a coat of Brownell's Alumahyde II on next. I'll post pics when finished if anyone is interested.
MONAJI
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/14/2013 7:44:44 PM
Just put my order in hope to get it soon
TR_Enabling
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/14/2013 7:59:32 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By D-Rock43:
I finished milling out my 80% today.

Looks great! Post some pics of it after the coating.
TR_Enabling
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/14/2013 8:00:06 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By MONAJI:
Just put my order in hope to get it soon

Your order will ship tomorrow.
Covertness
TIBTLS
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/14/2013 8:14:28 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By D-Rock43:
I finished milling out my 80% today. I still have a little sanding left on some of the rough spots and some of the accidental dings. Here are the pics:

[email=mailto:http://www.flickr.com/photos/93190289@N03/9460470365/]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3676/9460470365_aa229c97d0_c.jpg[/email]

[email=mailto:http://www.flickr.com/photos/93190289@N03/9460466225/]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5489/9460466225_0bfd86c770_c.jpg[/email]

[email=mailto:http://www.flickr.com/photos/93190289@N03/9460479191/]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3812/9460479191_c3ed2012f7_c.jpg[/email]

For some reason the jig I used (not TR) lined up slightly to the right side. I'm sure it won't cause any issues though. I dinged up the rear pocket a little bit while using the longer end mill, but again I'm sure everything will be structurally sound. It locks up nice and tight with an upper.

Overall I am happy with the results. I really like the look of this receiver and will be buying more. Great product!

I plan on putting a coat of Brownell's Alumahyde II on next. I'll post pics when finished if anyone is interested.

Did you just use a drill press to mill that?

I've been looking into this and have been told this isn't a wise move unless your press has a draw bar to hold the end mill in the quill

FWIW, I have a 17" Steel City drill press with a MT2 quill
www.mrvwoodworks.com
Endowment NRA Member
Team Ranstad
TIBTLS
CopyCatCowboy
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2013 4:08:21 AM
Cool
D-Rock43
Fart Smeller
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/16/2013 4:29:32 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Covertness:

Did you just use a drill press to mill that?

I've been looking into this and have been told this isn't a wise move unless your press has a draw bar to hold the end mill in the quill

FWIW, I have a 17" Steel City drill press with a MT2 quill

Yup. Just used a crappy Chinese drill press. This was the second one I have finished that way and I haven't encountered any problems yet. I just go slow and take my time.
TR_Enabling
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/17/2013 9:54:39 PM
We have had many requests to offer our lowers in a raw finish again. Therefore the surface hardening will become optional. In the next 2 weeks the following options will be available.

-Raw machine finish
-Surface Hardened (shown in above photos in 2nd post)
-Sandblasted (shown in top photos and on website)
-Anodized

The options will be compound as you will be able to select multiple.

IE: Surface hardened, anodized.
or: surface hardened, sandblasted.

The anodizing will of course include the necessary sandblasting. We will be using mil-spec, type III hard coat to anodize.
TR-Enabling.com Your Go-To Source For Custom Build-It-Yourself AR Parts and Accessories. We Are Combat Veteran Owned and Operated.
Wangstang
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/17/2013 11:01:19 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Originally Posted By TR_Enabling:

Check your PM's when you get a sec.

Thanks
Wes

Still waiting to hear from you.

Wes
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2