User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Just ordered two. They look like nice pieces.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Waiting for pay day so I can order 1 for every lower I bought during the panic.
Going to make a big dent in your on-hand stock
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Any idea when these may ship?  Ordered one last week but have yet to receive shipping confirmation or a tracking number.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Boris, email and they will respond quite quickly. Ordered mine on 23rd and they shipped on the 1st.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
IWC's new melonite version on left, old version on right:

I love these end plates. They are beautifully machined with no flaws.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Just received mine with the new "black" melonite coating and it matches very nice. Very clean machine work and finish.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Got mine late last week.  When I installed it, the bottom where the QD is hangs below the lower receiver about 1/16-1/8".  It certainly doesn't line up like the pictures I've seen of others or like my DD rifle.  It's on a Mega forged lower.  It's more of a cosmetic thing but wondered if others were that way.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got mine late last week.  When I installed it, the bottom where the QD is hangs below the lower receiver about 1/16-1/8".  It certainly doesn't line up like the pictures I've seen of others or like my DD rifle.  It's on a Mega forged lower.  It's more of a cosmetic thing but wondered if others were that way.
View Quote

Mine also did this as did the Noveske.   I'm thinking it is the receiver and not the end plate.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mine also did this as did the Noveske.   I'm thinking it is the receiver and not the end plate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think?  The regular plate that came with my 7075 mil-spec PSA receiver extension fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Mount n Slot, do you have a time frame on when these will be back in stock at brownells, and will they be the new black finish? I had planned on ordering from you direct but I needed a couple other things from Brownells so I tacked 2 of these onto that order to save on shipping. They were back ordered which is fine as I'm in no big rush, mostly just curious.  Thanks for a great looking product, can't wait to get them installed!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I just recieved 2 of the new finish versions I ordered and they are excellent.  I will be buying many more.  The machine work is flawless, fit is perfect and the finish is beautiful.

Thanks IWC!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Got 2 Saturday in the mail. Super nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Got mine today. Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You think?  The regular plate that came with my 7075 mil-spec PSA receiver extension fit perfectly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS. As you can see in my pics above, both of mine overhang (while mil spec RE plates do NOT). I don't mind though, I figure it gives the QD socket a little extra meat to keep it from bending. With the high back grips I use (K2's) it doesn't look all too out of place and you don't really notice it unless you're looking for it.
I'm extremely satisfied with these and would recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered 2 and only received 1.  Have not been able to resolve issue yet.  I like the plate a lot but would like it even more if I could get the 2nd one for my 2nd rifle.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got my 2 plates and installed them right away. The fit and finish is perfect, great quality end plates that provide awesome functionality. A big thanks to Mount-N-Slot and Impact Weapons for this product!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I know you guys are looking for the blackest finish - and I am too, for my black rifles - but i have a current project: the "bling-o-matic", its an AR with unplated (bare) aluminum receivers so i emailed Earl at Impact Weapons and asked if I could special order an end plate - unfinished. He got back to me right away and said; that's a new one for him, but he took care if it for me and sent out an Impact Weapons rotation limited QD end plate "in the white". I also sent a similar request to Wilson Combat for a bare aluminum TRIM rail. Nick Neil at Wilson had a similar reaction (he said; I've never been asked for anything like THAT before) but he got me a bare TRIM 12 rail. So - with a stainless barrel from BCM, a stainless muzzle break from JP, a NiB BCG from R-Guns, a NiB ALG trigger group from ALG Defence (with nickle Teflon pins), I'm well into this little project. I'm actually thinking about taking the receivers to the local Harley shop and having them polished out, the steel parts I'm thinking about getting nickle plated.

Anyone know where i can get a silver metallic single point sling? (OK, I've probably gone too far with that one...)
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#22]
LOVEEEE my end plate and how black it is! Thanks again guys

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#25]
That sucks, from the looks of these pics, it looks like I have the older version. Mine tends to be more on the gray side. I still think it is a sweet piece, but I likes black for my AR.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Got mine today!  Waiting to go on a new build in progress.

Fast shipping btw!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I just purchased one of these because of its superior construction and good price. 1 piece of steel. Melonited. Good product.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

THIS. As you can see in my pics above, both of mine overhang (while mil spec RE plates do NOT). I don't mind though, I figure it gives the QD socket a little extra meat to keep it from bending. With the high back grips I use (K2's) it doesn't look all too out of place and you don't really notice it unless you're looking for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I too noticed this overhang issue using IWC, V7WS, and Noveske QD end plates with my Rainier Arms lower/Mega, bugs the heck out of me really! The newer version of DD's QD aluminum end plate also hangs over, but not nearly as much as the others. My theory is that Mega machines the underside of their lowers to exactly fit the smaller mil-spec end plate. My email inquiry to Rainier Arms went without reply. I do not have this issue on any of my Noveske lowers, Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Incidentally, the only issue I have ever had with one of IWC's QD end plates is with a Vltor A5 receiver extension, I had to file the tab a couple of strokes on each side for it to slide into the notch. No biggie.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Just ordered 2 of these and an MS4 sling.

ETA. I received and installed both end plates, very good quality and a great price. One went on a Colt and the other on a billet lower and both fit great and look awesome!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top