[#1]
Couldn't help myself....be extra nice to the one headed to south Dakota
Link Posted: 5/25/2013 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance we'll see something in the future geared specifically towards 7.62?

Absolutely.

Any ETA on this?
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the Reticle on this scope. I will definitely consider this scope, and pass it along.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 6/21/2013 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#7]
For anyone on the fence on this scope,  do it you will not be dissatisfied. The illuminated reticle is super nice in twilight shooting yotes and p'dogs. Couple that with easy range estimation and wind offset means less guessing and more hits. Love it on my rra middy heavy barrel. Turrets rotate a little too easy, when i carry front on my lcv they move,but black tape cures that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it safe to assume you will not soon be building anything for the 300 Blackout community?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No ETA on the 1-6X at this time. We still have not signed off on the final prototype.
View Quote

Any update on this yet?  I've been holding out on getting a scope to see what this is going to be like.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Never assume.. We have a 7.62x39/300 Blackout optic in the works.

It will only be compatible with 110gr  but be dead on

Dimitri
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it safe to assume you will not soon be building anything for the 300 Blackout community?

Never assume.. We have a 7.62x39/300 Blackout optic in the works.

It will only be compatible with 110gr  but be dead on

Dimitri

and I was just getting ready to order another .300blk scope.  Looks like I will wait...I can handle a super only reticle, once you figure out the clicks for subs you are gtg.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the 1-6x is done now but out of stock as per your website.  Can I backorder?  I would like to try out one of these right away.  Is the mount shown on the product page the PA extended mount? Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not out of stock. First shipment is due in a few weeks. We just put it up so people can use the email when back in stock feature. No back orders but that way you get first notice when-they arrive.  Yes that is the extended mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the 1-6x is done now but out of stock as per your website.  Can I backorder?  I would like to try out one of these right away.  Is the mount shown on the product page the PA extended mount? Thanks.

https://www.primaryarms.com/v/vspfiles/photos/PA1-6XRBD-3T.jpg

Not out of stock. First shipment is due in a few weeks. We just put it up so people can use the email when back in stock feature. No back orders but that way you get first notice when-they arrive.  Yes that is the extended mount.

YEAH!
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Cheap enough for me to try this out
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Ballpark price point on the 1x6?

Really like the ret on this.

So, for me, this a toss up between the Mark AR Mod 1 and your 1x6.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

$249 Same reticle as the 6X
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$249 Same reticle as the 6X

Uhhhh.. yeah. You'll sell a metric $%^@ ton at that price. I'll be one of um. I don't know what's better, the price or the ret.

Been so hard finding a ret my eye likes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]
What do the factory flip-up caps look like compared to the upgradeable Butler Creek?
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the red easy to see during the day or does it look more black?
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Would love to see a 1-6 with a Night Vision compatible illuminated reticle for the 300 Blackout but strictly for subs like 220gr with a reticle for 50-250 yards
I guess I can dream
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What do the factory flip-up caps look like compared to the upgradeable Butler Creek?
View Quote

Up or down?

Really would not consider factory included accessories as a deal breaker  but rather a bonus.  Better yet, I would prefer the vast majority of the cost of the optics going towards the optics and not the peripherals.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its been a couple of weeks.   Any new word on when you will start sending out the notices to people who signed up?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#30]
First post ever so bear with me if something comes out totally stupid...

I was initially looking at the Primary Arms red dots (M4 or M3 style) and was interested in getting a flip to the side 3x magnifier for longer range shots. After some digging, I stumbled on to your blog, and found out about the 1-6X scope with ACSS reticle. It looks like it's a pretty awesome set-up and I've heard nothing but great things about how you take care of your customers so I'm thinking of getting one. For background I'd be putting this on my spikes tactical st 15 with a 9" SAR and I have MBUS. Just a few questions:

When at 1X power, does this function pretty similar to a red dot with the reticle that has a dot with a circle around it? And can you keep both eyes open when using it?

Which parts are illuminated on the reticle? Just the outer horse-shoe or also the center dot? How bright is it on high power (compared to one of your red dots... M3 style maybe)?

When it comes to the mount, what is the difference between the deluxe scope mount and the deluxe extended scope mount? Which do I want??

And wait for it... Probably the stupidest question yet (but I haven't been able to find the answer and I am relatively new to this), does this provide only a 1x and a 6x zoom or can it zoom to any magnification within that range? So like will this be able to zoom to a 3x zoom as well?

Thanks and I hope everyone can keep the snickers to a minimum :)
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/8/2013 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I do not shoot with my nose to the charging handle so I assume I'd go with the deluxe scope mount. Which mount is pictured on the product page on image 2 and 4, the deluxe or the deluxe extended?

Also, I notice the 6x scope had the ability to reset the turrets to zero once you have it sighted in, does the 1-6x scope have that ability?

Lastly, I bought a couple hundred .223 American Eagle 55gr FMJ... how close to on will the bullet drop compensation, range estimation, wind, and leads be with this ammo?

Thanks again and I'm waiting to pounce!
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you know if its 5.55 or .223 ? What size barrel?

Dimitri
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not shoot with my nose to the charging handle so I assume I'd go with the deluxe scope mount. Which mount is pictured on the product page on image 2 and 4, the deluxe or the deluxe extended?

Also, I notice the 6x scope had the ability to reset the turrets to zero once you have it sighted in, does the 1-6x scope have that ability?

Lastly, I bought a couple hundred .223 American Eagle 55gr FMJ... how close to on will the bullet drop compensation, range estimation, wind, and leads be with this ammo?

Thanks again and I'm waiting to pounce!

Do you know if its 5.55 or .223 ? What size barrel?

Dimitri

I shoot a spikes tactical 16" 1:7 twist barrel. The ammo I've currently got is .223 american eagle 55gr FMJ but I just got it because it was cheap... I'm just curious how it'll perform with the bullet drop compensation, range estimation, wind, and leads. If the stuff I've got doesn't work as nicely I'll probably get whatever ammo is cheap and best for this reticle next.
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#36]
BDC is a JOKE once you know what you're doing, I really hate to see it still being tossed around as if it's magically going to be set up to your gun/ammo. Although my guess is that that mils are skipped because these scopes wouldn't track if they had them (and no offense at that, to meet price point something has to give).

Although I would still appreciate even a capped turret mil version for big boys. I could use a training gun set up appropriately.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#38]
What country is this product made in?

Tube Diameter: 1"
   Magnification: 6X
   Exit Pupil: 5.2mm
   Eye Relief: 3.2"
   Field of View: 17.5 ft @ 100 yds
   Click Value: 1/4 MOA
   Zero resettable turrets
   Red Illumination
   Length: 9.25"
   Weight: 14oz
   Protective bikini covers included

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 2:32:20 AM EDT
[#41]
You guys are killin' me...I dont want to wait any longer! Lol
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Totally agree with raw... I'm dying waiting for that email! Any update? Are we talking like 1 week, 1 month, or 2014? I know you can never say for sure with these things, but I need some optics so bad it's keeping me up at night.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The ACSS was  tested in high altitude, snow conditions, below sea level , burning desert heat and has performed flawlessly. We have gone through great lengths to insure its accuracy. Some people will buy a mil or moa scope, find some ballistic software and think they are on. Fact is, unless you chronograph your load you end up relying on factory data that is almost always shot out of a 26” test barrel or .223 chamber.  Your velocity can be off as much as 300fps! Let’s say you did chrono your load, got your data and now you’re on. Mil or Moa scopes are great at engaging a stationary target at a known range with ballistic data or firing solution. If you own a range finder you will find out that very often it does not give a reading and requires you to bounce off something much bigger at a different range or does not work at all.
In testing using a mil/moa scope it looks like this  
Range finder working:  
Aim and fire range finder 700 yards
You must look at your data sheet and start to use your turrets, hope they are tracking true and for best results requires DOPE.On the ACSS, the reticule is laser edged so there are no moving parts.
Now dial in your turrets, let’s say 19moa that’s a whole revolution and 5moa on most scopes
Then comes the wind, let’s say 5mph wind so 4.5 moa left or right depending on wind direction.
After dialing all this you shoot. Time on target 20-30 seconds!
Here is what it looks like if the range finder is not working! Time to get the calculator out!
Target size 18”X 27.778= 500.004 / by mils on target =range in yards.  Again keep your fingers crossed that you got your mil reading right. Look at your data and start dialing in. If everything is done right time on target can be 30-60 seconds. But wait now there is a different target closer up! You would need to do all the math all over again. You can use your mils as BDC but they end up at odd ranges and still have to dial in wind.
With ACSS all you simply do is auto to range and hold for wind. 3-6 seconds! We were able to get multiple dead center hits and move on to other targets!
Mil/MOA scopes are great at precision type shooting at long to extreme long range. The ACSS is best at CQB and Medium range engaging multiple targets of opportunity at unknown ranges, even while target are moving.  They are different tools for different jobs.
View Quote

This was...... questionable. Your comparison has or implies

- That your scope without a chrono will be correct by reverse engineering a velocity, but someone using mil/moa can not do that and must use a chrono?
- No concept of danger space and pushing zeros out to 300y for a 556/762 gun for maximum error compensation on unknown or miscalculated range targets.
- No concept of a ranging quick reference card vs calc.
- Not admitting that with a 100 or 300 yard zero you can use a mil scope EXACTLY as you describe with your BDC scope, with the exception that the mil is dead on for your gun through-out the entire range of -8 to +8 mils hold,  gaming the comparison by allowing your scope to move down off of dead center using holds, but force the moa/mil user to dial.
- Suggesting that one must dial in wind for a defined stata scope!? That's cool you gave an example for a 5mph wind your scope is set for... How about a 3mph... 10? The non-bdc scope can dial or hold for any wind value within range. BDC is 5mph or dial only
- Proposing that your range finder goes down in the moa/mil example, but it doesn't with your BDC  scope.... Tell me.... How does one make the shot at all with a your BDC and no range finder? You admit that the defined stata can at least do it I guess.

You have a fine enough product at a good price. Don't mock a more complex and more flexible system with a gamed comparison. Just say what it is, a lot of people like BDC because they don't understand how to use more complex systems that do in the right hands offer more options. For the guy who can't figure it out or thinks there is some magic in more complex scopes, maybe is bad at math or making a dope sheet, yea, the BDC is awesome. But it's definitely not a "better" system, not even questionable. And if it was, it wouldn't be by the magnitude of time you suggested.

Now... That said, I think you guys are filling a niche for non-serious use guns and that's awesome. I'd love a cheap 2.5-10x FFP with a mil system as a trainer for my 22 or other such guns. That's good to have a market to fill.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#45]
1: Cool, I'd be very interested in some mil/mil offerings for various guns I have.

2: Well... I feel like it's in the same way that AR pistols, Siaga-12s, older EOTechs, DPMS-anything, are also "not jokes". That is some people who don't know any better love the hell out of them. It's like Teach A Man to Fish... and He'll Have No Use for BDC ;)

3: I agree, and I'll admit ACSS isn't a bad idea for a BDC implementation. You do have some interesting features.... IF you are shooting at a 5'10" target. I can easily recall the number of times I've shot at a 5'10" target. In fact, I'd take a wager on the number of times anyone in this thread has taken a shot at a 5'10" target. No offense intended, really, but the people who do shoot at 5'10" targets... use mil/mil.

4/5/6. Um, ok. Fine. I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

I'm not saying you guys won't do well. Just that BDC will NEVER make it into the more serious competitions or military, mil/mil is dominating there. I think you guys have some nice ideas with BDC evolution but I'm not at all grasping why you aren't focusing more on more... "authentic" long range equipment other than the idea that apparently people still seem to be under the impression BDC is better system.

I'm just offering constructive criticism that if you were to make more mil/mil products and instead of working out fair-enough BDC spent that time instructing people how to properly use your product, I think you'd have a more timeless product. BDC is obsolete depending on your access suitable to ammo, barrel length, gun characteristics, etc, if everything lines up the scope is good, if it doesn't it's pretty worthless compared to a mil/mil. So, you can build a base of customers that have a product that will be good on more than just an AR using real-deal methods, or you can niche it out. Both are valid strategies, I just think the mil/mil would be better for you in the long run.

To illustrate my point... How many people could find the mil ammo your BDC was designed for from December to June? Seems like a hard sell to impose that limit on anyone that can remember the last six months.

But, that said, I do think you guys are on the right path overall for your brand.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I've got two different rifles with Mil/Mil scopes and I'm waiting for the release of this scope.

The new 1-6 scope fills a completely different role then an exposed turret mil dot scope.  I will be mounting it on a lightweight 14.5" gun and most of my shooting will be done at 50-300yds.  Perfect match in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#47]
How will this recticle work with ,223 62 gr. on a 22" barrel?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That ammunition brand are you using? Is it a 5.56 or .223 chamber?
What's your altitude? Most .223 rounds of equal grain are not as fast as 5.56 but because you have a 22" barrel it will increase the fps and be very close. Get me the info I asked and Ill let you know what to expect.

Dimitri
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How will this recticle work with ,223 62 gr. on a 22" barrel?

Thanks

That ammunition brand are you using? Is it a 5.56 or .223 chamber?
What's your altitude? Most .223 rounds of equal grain are not as fast as 5.56 but because you have a 22" barrel it will increase the fps and be very close. Get me the info I asked and Ill let you know what to expect.

Dimitri

I'm in San Antonio, Texas. Approximately 701 feet above sea level.
The ammunition I'll be using will be Speer Gold Dot LE .223 Remington 64 Grain Soft Point and 223 Rem Remington 62 Gr TSX Hog Hammer.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top