BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
These were supposed to ship in February, has anyone heard anything about an actual date?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey guys,
If anybody is still interested, I emailed Red Creek Tactical and Joint Force Enterprises ( the applicator of the exclusive disruptive grey) and they both stated that sig dark grey was very close. To quote Cliff Reed, founder of JFE, he stated "Tungsten is a little lighter, more silver than the Disruptive Grey. The Sig Grey is about the same shade as Disruptive Grey but without the metallic in it."

I e-mailed Cerakote, and they said it looked like Tungsten, and that they didn't believe it was mixed at all, but if anything to add just a few drops of black.

I am hesitant to put much stock in anything that JFE says. Other responses people have gotten when asking about the color have been dodgy.

It may be a little darker than Tungsten, but I've never saw anything painted in SIG dark gray that looks remotely like the Jack Carbine. There are dozens of pictures available online for almost every shade of gray cerakote, so you don't have to take my word for it - but SIG dark gray is not going to give you the look of the weapon we're seeing in these pictures. Sig dark gray is as close to black as it is gray http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/H-210Q/
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Made my own.  Watched the inveil of this on 12 Dec, and thought it was a great rifle, considering the manufacturers involved, and what went into it.  14 Dec happened, and I saw the writing on the wall.  The night of 16 Dec, I ordered all the parts.  Shit hit the fan the morning of 17 Dec 12...

I changed a few things based on personal preference - I love SureFire lights, so I went with a SureFIre E2 LED, mounted in a VLTOR QD mount.  Of no choice, I went with the Gessele 13" Mk II rail, and I would have went with the longer rail anyway, over the 10" rail that was spec'd.  I stuck with the MapPul MOE+ rubberized grip - love it.  Went with the MagPul STR stock - love that one, too.  I painted the light, rail, upper and lower, and the extension.  Stayed with what BCM had on the rifle for the operating parts:  14.5" midlength barrel, BCM BCG, etc. Used a DD Mk12 lo=pro gas block.   I chose to use the AAC BrakeOut 51t muzzle device.  Overall, it's right there, with my personal preferences.

Cerakote Sniper Gray.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 5:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Made my own.  Watched the inveil of this on 12 Dec, and thought it was a great rifle, considering the manufacturers involved, and what went into it.  14 Dec happened, and I saw the writing on the wall.  The night of 16 Dec, I ordered all the parts.  Shit hit the fan the morning of 17 Dec 12...

I changed a few things based on personal preference - I love SureFire lights, so I went with a SureFIre E2 LED, mounted in a VLTOR QD mount.  Of no choice, I went with the Gessele 13" Mk II rail, and I would have went with the longer rail anyway, over the 10" rail that was spec'd.  I stuck with the MapPul MOE+ rubberized grip - love it.  Went with the MagPul STR stock - love that one, too.  I painted the light, rail, upper and lower, and the extension.  Stayed with what BCM had on the rifle for the operating parts:  14.5" midlength barrel, BCM BCG, etc. Used a DD Mk12 lo=pro gas block.   I chose to use the AAC BrakeOut 51t muzzle device.  Overall, it's right there, with my personal preferences.

Cerakote Sniper Gray.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/rgrhartley/100_0647-2_zps0642ebd6.jp

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/rgrhartley/100_0646-2_zps80025a72.jp

looks awesome. what trigger did you use? how much did it cost all things considered? thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
looks awesome. what trigger did you use? how much did it cost all things considered? thanks

ALG ACT trigger.  All the parts came to $1,649.55, including the Cerakote.  Some stuff I had already (AP stripped upper and lower, which had been built up with small parts, the BCM BCG), so that parts cost is with older (lower) prices for that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not to trying to hi-jack this thread(no pun intended) that is why I bought a  NGA X-7 I liked the gray look.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not to trying to hi-jack this thread(no pun intended) that is why I bought a  NGA X-7 I liked the gray look.

http://fototime.com/A04168513CC4560/standard.jpg

and now they are out of business!
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ALG ACT trigger.  All the parts came to $1,649.55, including the Cerakote.  Some stuff I had already (AP stripped upper and lower, which had been built up with small parts, the BCM BCG), so that parts cost is with older (lower) prices for that stuff.

Did you bake on the cerakote?
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Air dry kit.  C series Cerakote.

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Air dry kit.  C series Cerakote.

Gotcha. I wish I knew more about the difference in the two cerakote products
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the DIY options as this rifle will probably never see the light of day now..... Bummer, I would have bought one...
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Really excited for this. I'm in the process of doing a poor mans Jack Carbine as we speak with mix and match parts. I really like the concept.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
How close do you think the Cobalt Cerakote would be? Seems a tad darker than the Tungsten.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I was thinking the same thing. I received a few samples from Cerakote today and Cobalt is pretty dark but it looks really good. I also think that Tactical Grey would be a good substitute. It seems the closest to me but they didn't have any Tungsten samples in stock so I'm not sure about it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks good, light and fairly minimalist.

I'd swap the ALG for a SSA and doubt the B5 stock would make the cut.

other than the ridiculous number of painted logos, it's just fine.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks good, light and fairly minimalist.

I'd swap the ALG for a SSA and doubt the B5 stock would make the cut.

other than the ridiculous number of painted logos, it's just fine.

I don't know about the ALG trigger but I think it's a geissele product, and they make some of the best triggers.

The B5 bravo stock is awesome. Fits tight, lightweight, and good cheek weld
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone know if they have started shipping?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#19]
My email says March or April I will see mine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm in the middle of my own Jack Clone and figured I'd share some details. Figured I'd even come up with my own cheesy name for it too ;) Many here would modify some of the specs as I did - especially on some key components. Note: I left off the Thorntail mount for the light. I've been playing with it mounted at 9 o'clock and it is ideally positioned for my thumb. Here are the specs of the C.U.E. and my actual costs. You'll note that some components were obviously bought before the panic - ie: stripped lower for $75 and BCG for $150. To source parts now would run many hundreds more - if you could even get them.

The column "Jack Comp" evaluates the similarity of components between my build and BCMs. E = Equivalent, I =Identical, + = components deemed (IMO) to be superior. The barrel and trigger are indisputably superior in my build and add a good deal to the cost. Some of the other "+" are subjective like the stock and rail.  I originally wanted the Geissele but availability is nil. After much research I went with the Wilson Combat TRIM - lighter, longer and cheaper but with similar diameter - IMO, a better combination

Bottom line is the Jack is a solid value based on the retail part cost and a very well specc'd rifle by BCM. If you are fortunate enough to have some of the key components already on hand, building may be a better route - and more satisfying for sure.

Parts are off at the Cerakote shop right now.  Pics to follow when complete. Only thing left to decide is the optic...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm in the middle of my own Jack Clone and figured I'd share some details. Figured I'd even come up with my own cheesy name for it too ;) Many here would modify some of the specs as I did - especially on some key components. Note: I left off the Thorntail mount for the light. I've been playing with it mounted at 9 o'clock and it is ideally positioned for my thumb. Here are the specs of the C.U.E. and my actual costs. You'll note that some components were obviously bought before the panic - ie: stripped lower for $75 and BCG for $150. To source parts now would run many hundreds more - if you could even get them.

The column "Jack Comp" evaluates the similarity of components between my build and BCMs. E = Equivalent, I =Identical, + = components deemed (IMO) to be superior. The barrel and trigger are indisputably superior in my build and add a good deal to the cost. Some of the other "+" are subjective like the stock and rail.  I originally wanted the Geissele but availability is nil. After much research I went with the Wilson Combat TRIM - lighter, longer and cheaper but with similar diameter - IMO, a better combination

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/wayne_lewis2/Screenshot2013-02-16at115718AM_zps30949f8d.png

Bottom line is the Jack is a solid value based on the retail part cost and a very well specc'd rifle by BCM. If you are fortunate enough to have some of the key components already on hand, building may be a better route - and more satisfying for sure.

Parts are off at the Cerakote shop right now.  Pics to follow when complete. Only thing left to decide is the optic...

Thanks for sharing your research.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#22]
i want it!
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/wayne_lewis2/Screenshot2013-02-16at115718AM_zps30949f8d.png

I like the C.U.E designation for these clones. Seems like an appropriate descriptor. Anybody else have other ideas for describing these?

Link Posted: 2/19/2013 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/wayne_lewis2/Screenshot2013-02-16at115718AM_zps30949f8d.pn

That's a pretty neat break down. The BCM Jack was only $1999 I think, not $2199, and like you said, it's subjective, but I'd prefer the geissele rail, BCM LPK, and BCM Lower

but I do wish the Jack came with a BFH barrel and that SSA you included in yours. BCM also is including a $200 certificate towards a Travis Haley class which is nice
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 5:15:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/wayne_lewis2/Screenshot2013-02-16at115718AM_zps30949f8d.pn

That's a pretty neat break down. The BCM Jack was only $1999 I think, not $2199, and like you said, it's subjective, but I'd prefer the geissele rail, BCM LPK, and BCM Lower

but I do wish the Jack came with a BFH barrel and that SSA you included in yours. BCM also is including a $200 certificate towards a Travis Haley class which is nice

I agree, I actually see the Wilson rail as a slight downgrade, and any Magpul stock as a downgrade. Just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#26]
The MSRP was $2,145 plus whatever transfer fee you have to pay, so I figured $2,199.  I'll be the next batch will cost a good deal more if all this nonsense is still going on.  

As for the Wilson rail, I have to tell you - it's REALLY nice.  Great quality and a solid barrel nut system with anti rotation fasteners. I also has some issue with the 10" length of the Geissele rail - I think the 12.6" Wilson has a lot of advantage - both in rail space and forearm geometry. The original Geissele SMR that's on the Jack is much heavier too. They recently announced a lighter barrel nut option for another $45. So you're talking $400 for the rail alone!

I haven't touched the B5 stock that comes on the Jack but it's only a $60 stock. I've ran the ACS and it's a solid piece of equipment.  Now my fingers are crossed that Tungsten will pass for Disruptive Grey!
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#27]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#28]
So just wondering is this carbine out yet cause I don't see it on BCM's webpage?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So just wondering is this carbine out yet cause I don't see it on BCM's webpage?

It's under the complete rifles and carbines section. You can't order any of their rifles or carbines right now though. I don't even know if the Jack was available to order for more than a week before they sold out. People who did get their orders in are waiting till march/April
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's under the complete rifles and carbines section. You can't order any of their rifles or carbines right now though. I don't even know if the Jack was available to order for more than a week before they sold out. People who did get their orders in are waiting till march/April
Sweet it was not there when I last checked.

Also so the 119595 E is just a standard mil-spec barrel that is not cold hammer forged correct?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, I actually see the Wilson rail as a slight downgrade, and any Magpul stock as a downgrade. Just my opinion though.

I, on the other hand, dislike the wide and sloped type cheek area on stocks like the SOPMOD, so would swap over to a CTR...for ME, that would be an upgrade.  But that's for me, and what I like in a stock.

ETA:  My semi-clone (since I don't forsee these being available enough to pick up in the near future) will stick with the Geissele rail, but be Cerakoted in Burnt Bronze.

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The MSRP was $2,145 plus whatever transfer fee you have to pay, so I figured $2,199.  I'll be the next batch will cost a good deal more if all this nonsense is still going on.  

As for the Wilson rail, I have to tell you - it's REALLY nice.  Great quality and a solid barrel nut system with anti rotation fasteners. I also has some issue with the 10" length of the Geissele rail - I think the 12.6" Wilson has a lot of advantage - both in rail space and forearm geometry. The original Geissele SMR that's on the Jack is much heavier too. They recently announced a lighter barrel nut option for another $45. So you're talking $400 for the rail alone!

I haven't touched the B5 stock that comes on the Jack but it's only a $60 stock. I've ran the ACS and it's a solid piece of equipment.  Now my fingers are crossed that Tungsten will pass for Disruptive Grey!

I haven't used the Wilson rail, but I have handled the Geissele SMR and it's a really solid rail, and I don't like rails that require timing like the Wilson rail. Where in Ohio are you? Maybe we can meet up and I can try your Wilson rail and you can feel the SMR. I do agree that the 10" rail is a little lacking, even 11" would have been nice to completely cover the gas block, the longer rail is a trade off for weight savings though.

I have several Magpul stocks and I honestly prefer the B5 Bravo over all others that I've used. It has a good cheek weld, is light weight, and fits very tightly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't used the Wilson rail, but I have handled the Geissele SMR and it's a really solid rail, and I don't like rails that require timing like the Wilson rail. Where in Ohio are you? Maybe we can meet up and I can try your Wilson rail and you can feel the SMR. I do agree that the 10" rail is a little lacking, even 11" would have been nice to completely cover the gas block, the longer rail is a trade off for weight savings though.

I have several Magpul stocks and I honestly prefer the B5 Bravo over all others that I've used. It has a good cheek weld, is light weight, and fits very tightly.

I did a quick fit with the Wilson and it went on perfectly the first time without any shims. Once its in place it's rock solid with the anti rotation screws. I really wanted the Geissele but couldn't wait who knows how long.  Plus, I would have wanted the new aluminum barrel nut they offer which is a major weight savings. But then you're talking upwards of $400.

I hope to have everything back from Cerakoting in a week and assembled in a day thereafter. I'm in Columbus, how about you?

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a quick fit with the Wilson and it went on perfectly the first time without any shims. Once its in place it's rock solid with the anti rotation screws. I really wanted the Geissele but couldn't wait who knows how long.  Plus, I would have wanted the new aluminum barrel nut they offer which is a major weight savings. But then you're talking upwards of $400.

I hope to have everything back from Cerakoting in a week and assembled in a day thereafter. I'm in Columbus, how about you?

a few people from m4carbine.net have said their jack carbine has shipped, so hopefully we'll start seeing some actual production rifles. I'm located in Cincinnati by the way, I'm interested to see how your jack clone turns out
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

a few people from m4carbine.net have said their jack carbine has shipped, so hopefully we'll start seeing some actual production rifles. I'm located in Cincinnati by the way, I'm interested to see how your jack clone turns out

Anyone know why they got delayed in shipping? I thought it was supposed to be early February. Production delays maybe? And also I'm from Cincy, and I would be in Columbus if not for a co-op here in Canton. Both of you picked excellent places to live.
Link Posted: 3/2/2013 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm sure the delay in shipping was related to the political environment/recent events/and overwhelming demand for the Jack. The amount of time from when the order form for the Jack was released to when it was pulled by BCM was less than a week if I remember correctly

either way, they're shipping now and people are already getting theirs
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Recieved my on Thursday cant wait to get it out and see how it performs
Link Posted: 3/3/2013 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 3/4/2013 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#39]
I received a shipping notice from BCM this morning. My "Jack" carbine is on its way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2013 6:16:40 AM EDT
[#40]

My "DIY"!
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Past 60 days
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top