Posted: 12/21/2012 11:31:07 PM
[Last Edit: 12/22/2012 1:01:45 PM by Lancelot]
Off topic comment deleted by moderator.
Lancelot
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2012 12:47:27 PM
One more time.

Quit discussing gun laws, and trashing things someone said. Discuss the rifle and its technical merits. If you can't do that, then you may get locked out of this forum.
Lancelot
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2012 12:49:41 PM
[Last Edit: 12/22/2012 10:12:10 PM by Lancelot]
M_Lou32
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2012 3:02:18 PM
Guess I missed out. BavoCompanyUSA is completely sold out of rifles.
sta4
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 1:44:02 PM
What type of finish is it? I really like the looks of this gun.

Are there any other lowers or uppers/rails that come in this finish? I would be very interested in some others if so..
Melvin_Johnson
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 3:23:27 PM
Originally Posted By M_Lou32:

Were you able to talk to anyone at BCM? I have been trying for several days and have kept getting a busy signal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Rob123456789
Needs preban FML G19 mags!
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 7:46:10 PM
I know I'll probably have to wait until it's released separately, but does anyone know if the new compensator on these is ban state legal (NY specifically)?
Anyone that will give you a sidearm is an ally. Anyone that wants to disarm you is not your friend.
Lancelot
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:19:29 PM

Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

Were you able to talk to anyone at BCM? I have been trying for several days and have kept getting a busy signal.

They do not answer the phone. They never have. They do answer emails.

Melvin_Johnson
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/24/2012 10:58:56 AM
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

They do not answer the phone. They never have. They do answer emails.

I heard back from Paul. He says they've got a year's worth of rifle production back ordered at this point.
intercooler
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/24/2012 9:35:35 PM
yea, i wanted to pre order myself...no go.
M_Lou32
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/25/2012 1:31:20 AM
I didn't try to contact them, no. Once I saw that notification pop up on their site along with the current demand I figured there wasn't any hope. But a year, I was not expecting. Does anyone know if all sales on this rifle were directly to individuals, or if any are going to authorized dealers?
yelruh
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:31:07 PM
I didn't try to contact them, no. Once I saw that notification pop up on their site along with the current demand I figured there wasn't any hope. But a year, I was not expecting. Does anyone know if all sales on this rifle were directly to individuals, or if any are going to authorized dealers?

Any further info?
Jasonesq
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/28/2012 9:12:42 PM
BCM had the order form posted online. Individuals could order using the form online. I'll let you know how the rifle looks when I receive mine
MajorJustice
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 3:14:54 AM
I really liked several of the components on this weapon. Looks like I've started a clone, with some mods though.

Replacing the trigger with an SSA, will either used a B5 Enhanced or TI-7 stock, and I am looking for a better pistol grip. I'm currently using an MOE on the rifle I'm upgrading, and my hand sweats after a bit. Also using a COLT SP6920 as a base, so the barrel will be slightly longer, and I'm not going to switch to the BCM brake. It is supposed to be a flash hider/brake/compensator, but what happens is that it does none of these well. It's a poor brake and there is still quite a bit of muzzle flash.

One of my favorite features is the color. I've always wanted a gray/silver AR, and the Disruptive Gray cerakote looks like a perfect blend in the pictures. I'll probably try and get a similar color and paint it, but so far I couldn't find anyone to give me a recipe - I think Sniper Gray and a Gunmetal or Tungsten color would do the trick. Then in some photos it almost looks like there's a touch of burnt bronze. You guys have any ideas about approximating the color? I have a feeling that the rifle looks totally different up close in person.

I just got a Geissele 10" rail from ROG Tactical (It's Revision B, and I heard the newer versions are supposed to be lighter), and a BCM Low Profile gas block so I'm going to start building this weekend. Wish me luck!

OLI62
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/9/2013 11:23:58 PM
I want one. Bad. Really bad.
MajorJustice
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2013 12:55:03 AM
After looking really close, I think that "Disruptive Grey" is just Tungsten colored Cerakote. Here is a rifle painted in Tungsten, followed by a pic of the Jack. Even with the light and shadow, it is practically identical to Disruptive Grey.

http://stsarms.com/images/Tungsten-Patrol-6.jpg
http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/images/thejack/slideshow/04.jpg

If anything, it needs a to go a little lighter than Tungsten. You could try adding 4 parts Tungsten to 1 part Tactical Gray, or just add a couple drops of white to Tungsten. Anybody have any input on this? I've never used a ceramic coating in my life, but I used to paint houses, and often made my own Grayscale colors using black and white to paint hardware to match roofs (Smoke stacks, plumbing exhaust, etc).
JaketheSnake
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2013 3:00:36 PM
I really like the rail on the jack carbine, but wish it was about 3 inches longer.
RXM
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2013 4:44:42 PM
that's what she said...
WhiteSquare
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:17:18 AM
The rail and finish on this is perfect. Will you be selling individual components? In other words, can I just buy the rail itself, even without the finish?
MajorJustice
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2013 3:44:03 PM
Originally Posted By WhiteSquare:
The rail and finish on this is perfect. Will you be selling individual components? In other words, can I just buy the rail itself, even without the finish?

It's a Geissele 10" Rail

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/rails-handguards/geissele/geissele-smr10-blk.html

I think they would be able to keep these in stock easier if they used a standard barrel nut.
Melvin_Johnson
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2013 4:04:01 PM
There's a nice in-depth writeup on this new carbine in the latest Shotgun News.
Shooter7
Georgiacarry.org Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:22:24 PM
[Last Edit: 1/13/2013 11:46:29 PM by Shooter7]
Thanks for this comparison. I'm looking into building a clone now that they are impossible to buy, and this is great info to have available. Now just have to find someone who I can trust doing a Cerakote job on my upper and lower.

Originally Posted By MajorJustice:
After looking really close, I think that "Disruptive Grey" is just Tungsten colored Cerakote. Here is a rifle painted in Tungsten, followed by a pic of the Jack. Even with the light and shadow, it is practically identical to Disruptive Grey.

http://stsarms.com/images/Tungsten-Patrol-6.jpg
http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/images/thejack/slideshow/04.jpg

If anything, it needs a to go a little lighter than Tungsten. You could try adding 4 parts Tungsten to 1 part Tactical Gray, or just add a couple drops of white to Tungsten. Anybody have any input on this? I've never used a ceramic coating in my life, but I used to paint houses, and often made my own Grayscale colors using black and white to paint hardware to match roofs (Smoke stacks, plumbing exhaust, etc).

You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
shade_1313
Muuuuffins!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:52:30 AM
I've been pondering more, and this is growing on me. It's not first on my list for this year, but it is on there somewhere.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.
--Havamal
Ranger58SN
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:36:51 AM
Hey guys,
If anybody is still interested, I emailed Red Creek Tactical and Joint Force Enterprises ( the applicator of the exclusive disruptive grey) and they both stated that sig dark grey was very close. To quote Cliff Reed, founder of JFE, he stated "Tungsten is a little lighter, more silver than the Disruptive Grey. The Sig Grey is about the same shade as Disruptive Grey but without the metallic in it."
Bmwmdriver
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2013 3:38:37 AM
I got a chance to handle the Jack Carbine at Geissele's Shot Show booth and it is quite impressive. It is one of the lightest setups I've ever held. Wish I can shoot one and try it out.
Page:  / 8