Previous Page
Page:  / 4
Author
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:04:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/25/2012 8:06:53 AM EST by Ares Defense]
The new 2012 Shrike 5.56 – Advanced Weapons System™ is a robust, ergonomic and lightweight upper receiver assembly that is designed to fit MIL-Spec quality AR-15, M16 and M4 type lower receiver assemblies. Once fitted to the host firearm’s lower receiver, the Shrike 5.56™ provides an individual operator with the firepower of a US M249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) at one-half the weight of the current SAW.

The patented system fires 5.56mm NATO ammunition and can be user configured for magazine feed only, or dual-feed from standard 30-round M16 magazines and M27-linked SAW ammunition. The Shrike 5.56™features reliable gas-piston operation, a quick-change barrel with fixed headspace and MIL-STD-1913 rail interface for the mounting of current accessories.

The Shrike 5.56 – Advanced Weapons System™ shares a significant part commonality with AR-15/M16/M4 type firearms for reduced logistics and easier training and is supplied as a low-risk upper receiver “performance upgrade kit” to existing AR-15/M16/M4 type service rifles and carbines. Designed for hard use, the Shrike 5.56 – Advanced Weapons System™ delivers performance, quality, reliability and mission flexibility for expert and professional shooters.

2012 Shrike 5.56 Brochure Front

2012 Shrike 5.56 Brochure Back

ARES-16 Small Arms Family

New Shrike 5.56™ 2012 Features Include:
• New style MIL-STD-1913 co-planar Picatinny rail handguard whereby the 12 o’clock top rail aligns with the belt-feed top cover for co-witnessing optics with thermal or night vision devices. The 3, 6 and 9 o’clock handguard rails support bipod attachment, vertical grip and laser aiming devices.
• Front handguard bulkhead includes 3 quick-detach sling mounting points for neutral, left or right hand preference when carrying weapon at fire-ready position.
• Precision Machined Billet feed tray for enhanced belt-feed performance

Other Advantages:
• Belt-Feed upper receiver assembly for the AR-15/M16/M4 family of weapons, with no modification required to lower receiver.
• Quick-change barrel permits rapid mission configurability and also allows the operator to substitute a cool barrel for a hot barrel for heat mitigation during sustained fire. The barrel can be removed in as little as 1.5 seconds.
• Self-regulating gas-piston system accommodates a broad range of ammunition and firing conditions, and drastically reduces the fouling prevalent in the legacy AR-15/M16/M4 type direct-gas weapon system. This significantly increases reliability during hard use or operation under adverse conditions. Optional barrels are also available that permit user adjustability for additional operator preference and control.
• Front handguard bulkhead includes 3 quick-detach sling mounting points for neutral, left or right hand preference when carrying weapon at fire-ready position.
• Interchangeably accepts either M-27 (SAW) linked-ammunition or standard AR-15/M16/M4 magazines at operator discretion without reconfiguration of any weapon components.
• The excellent ergonomics of the AR-15/M16 and M4 infantry weapons have been retained with the SHRIKE 5.56 system. Most operations performed on this weapon system can be accomplished without removing the operator’s hand from the pistol grip. Overall design of the SHRIKE 5.56 has been accomplished with strict consideration for real-world use.

Included in the box:
Shrike 5.56™ Owner’s Manual
Shrike 5.56™ Bolt Catch
Shrike 5.56™ Buffer Spacer
M27 Links
Padded Hard Rifle Case

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price is $5,595 and we’ll pay UPS or FED-EX ground shipping and handling charges!

Please note: For items purchased with a personal or company check; ARES Defense will hold shipments until check clears. Items ordered with US Postal Money Order ship when funds are deposited. Credit card orders are not charged until product ships.

Dealer and Distributor inquiries are welcomed. Thank you for your business!

We accept all valid forms of payment to include check, money order or MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit cards.

To place your order:
Call the ARES Defense Sales Department at (321) 242-8410, ext. 1
or fax your order to: (321) 242-8411
or email your request to: shrike556@aresdefense.com

ARES Defense Systems, Inc.
PO Box 120789
Melbourne, FL 32912 USA
aresdefense.com
Stype
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:17:39 AM EST
That's pretty crazy looking! Who doesn't need one of these?
1in7twist
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:40:11 AM EST
Looks like fun. Now I only need a full auto lower to make really go
MeTarzan
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:46:02 AM EST
Available wherever unicorns are sold.
Brahmzy
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:13:35 PM EST
"Free select-fire lower with purchase!"
Homeinvader
disMember
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:39:10 PM EST
Not to relive the past, but are these ready to ship or made to order or is this a pre-order?
MeTarzan
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:58:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By Homeinvader:
Not to relive the past, but are these ready to ship or made to order or is this a pre-order?

Remember when Lucy would hold the ball for Charlie Brown?
OIF_Vet08-09
Fear is the foundation of most governments.
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:14:52 PM EST
Damn, I would love to have a Shrike
Yesterday, I was on the train sitting across from a smoking hot Thai chick. I kept saying to myself, please don't get an erection, please don't get an erection, but, she did.
-rainman
livfreely
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:36:41 PM EST
I just shriked my pants Man this would be the one to fill the void in my collection. Awesome design and looks like a great product. I am assuming it takes the regular nut sacks and the regular SAW pouches?
Jerad
NFA Addict
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:59:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/25/2012 3:08:47 PM EST by Jerad]
Mmmmm I love my Shrike! I also love that new rail, will you be releasing your bayonet lug barrels soon?

The kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. - Matthew 11:12
37Bullet
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 4:00:01 PM EST
Are they in stock ?
Dredd308
Hippy Kicking Vaginatarian
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:12:28 PM EST
Did the back orders get filled?
I hope you guys really get these out quicker than before. If so I would be interested.
“I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!” <Homer Simpson>
CrazyWhiteGuy
Bulletproof monkey
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:17:24 PM EST
Details on feed tray constuction? I want to give you my money. So damn bad.
R.I.P - SSG David H Gutierrez 25/12/2009 OEF 9-11
R.I.P - SPC Kyle J Wright 13/01/2010 OEF 9-11
R.I.P - PFC Jonathan C Yanney 18/08/2009 OEF 9-11
Garandboy
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:17:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By MeTarzan:

I was thinking it's a little late for April fools day.

Handy little carbine. The M44 is a combination flash bang grenade, flame thrower, rifle and spear all in one.
Jerad
NFA Addict
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:27:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:
Details on feed tray constuction? I want to give you my money. So damn bad.

That's the billet aluminum feed tray that comes standard, you can upgrade to a billet steel and a billet steel chrome plated tray IIRC.

People talk about excessive wear on the aluminum feed trays, my experience has been that initially the feed tray wears quickly, then stabilizes and additional wear is no longer noticable. I don't think it's worth the $800 upgrade out of the gate, spend your money on links and ammo.
The kingdom of Heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. - Matthew 11:12
lilMAC25
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 4:59:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By MeTarzan:

Hahahahahaha
Arbiter
Non-Stationary Cadaver Suppression Task Force
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 5:44:05 AM EST
I hope the feed tray has been updated from the soft aluminum they used filling the beta testers pre-orders.
Overkill Is Underated.

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.

Ask questions. Contemplate answers. Believe only a 1/3 of what you hear and half of what you see.
Ares Defense
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:49:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/26/2012 6:50:46 AM EST by Ares Defense]
Originally Posted By Dredd308:
I hope you guys really get these out quicker than before. If so I would be interested.

We refrained from offering this product in the commercial marketspace until the backlog was wrapped up and we're pretty much there. Some standard configurations are in stock and we do allow some customizations to the orders which can cause some delay depending on the item. We strive to ship standard orders by the following day and custom orders in 3-5 days; although up to 14 days when our electroless-nickel feed trays or fluted barrel options get hit hard which has happened a couple of times.

Here are some pics of the assembly line at the height of filling the backlog. We've since overhauled the entire assembly floor for increased efficiency and have gotten away from "batch processing" assemblies and more into a "one piece flow" model that keeps the team focused on the individual order instead of building the batch, and also gives us the flexibility to customize orders on the fly. Stay tuned here for pics of the new assembly floor or like us on our Facebook or Twitter pages for the most up to date information. Thank you for your interest!

aresdefense.com
Augee
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:10:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ares Defense:
Originally Posted By Dredd308:

We refrained from offering this product in the commercial marketspace until the backlog was wrapped up and we're pretty much there. Some standard configurations are in stock and we do allow some customizations to the orders which can cause some delay depending on the item. We strive to ship standard orders by the following day and custom orders in 3-5 days; although up to 14 days when our electroless-nickel feed trays or fluted barrel options get hit hard which has happened a couple of times.

Here are some pics of the assembly line at the height of filling the backlog. We've since overhauled the entire assembly floor for increased efficiency and have gotten away from "batch processing" assemblies and more into a "one piece flow" model that keeps the team focused on the individual order instead of building the batch, and also gives us the flexibility to customize orders on the fly. Stay tuned here for pics of the new assembly floor or like us on our Facebook or Twitter pages for the most up to date information. Thank you for your interest!

http://www.shrike556.com/uploads/Shrike-135.jpg

http://www.shrike556.com/uploads/Shrike-105.jpg

Tough crowd, eh, ARES?

I'm sure this response wasn't unexpected - I've always thought the Shrike was an interesting concept, though I'm not sure I personally would have any use for one.

I do wish you luck and more success in marketing and actually selling some of these things! Hopefully if they're a success we can look forward to more new innovations out of ARES, just don't be surpised if folks are reluctant to do many pre-orders!

~Augee
GlockSlap
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:13:37 AM EST
Avaialble 2023?
Beltfedleadhead
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 10:45:01 AM EST
OP:

Are you fucking kidding me?
Dredd308
Hippy Kicking Vaginatarian
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:13:59 AM EST
Well that's great to hear. I guess I need to start putting some money away.
“I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!” <Homer Simpson>
Ares Defense
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:24:56 AM EST
On the feed tray questions; we used modified M249 trays for many years. The trays were not easy to work with and the inherent tolerance variation generated by both the stamped part and the subsequent machining and welding was not optimal and did not give the best results for us, and consequently our customers. The machined tray is engineered specifically for the Shrike and ARES-16 AMG products and is optimized for best feeding results when using linked ammunition. The geometry between the standard alloy billet tray and the phosphate and electroless nickel trays is identical; the only differences are the materials and coatings.

The standard alloy tray is a good part and meets the design intent of the product very well. We developed the steel trays in response to customer request; i.e.: it was customer driven. We said then that they wouldn't be cheap due to the time required to machine them; but we actually do strive to give our customers what they want so we produced them and they are available and in stock.

So the bottom line is this: The alloy trays work very well and will provide good service life for the intended product use. The steel phosphate trays work very well and will last longer than the alloy trays. And the electroless nickel plated steel trays work very well and are the one that you will want if you are operating in salt water or other adverse environments and never want to buy another tray for the life of the weapon.

And here's the performance you guys can look forward to with a Shrike 5.56 that no other weapon system in the world can deliver in an 8lb platform. Best of all, it fits right on your lower! Thanks for your interest!

aresdefense.com
deserteaglexxx
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:10:14 PM EST
Where do you find linked ammo at? Will the 249 saw nut sacks work on the shrike? Any arfcom discount?
InfiniteGrim
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:15:14 PM EST
So whats the price?
Arbiter
Non-Stationary Cadaver Suppression Task Force
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/27/2012 5:56:15 AM EST
Thanks for the answers, Geoff.
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
So whats the price?

...and when will we be able to order?

How long will we have to wait after ordering?
Overkill Is Underated.

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.

Ask questions. Contemplate answers. Believe only a 1/3 of what you hear and half of what you see.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 4