User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am looking forward to getting my $599 carbine from Palmetto also. First time buyer from them.

Ordered 11/22, charged cc immediately, that's the last I've heard of it. Except for the email verifying receipt of my local FFL.

As mentioned by others, no answers on the phone, no response to emails or online form.

Since I ordered before Black Friday I had hoped to get it by Christmas. Then I hoped to get it by New Years.

Now I just hope to get it. The positive reviews by many has kept me from calling the credit card company. Their reputation with many of you is why
I'm not freaking out just yet. But I'm almost there.

Sounds like an oversight.
Palmetto State Armory has a forum in the industry section.. Go there and post your concern and you'll get taken care of.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
can anyone confirm if this sale is still on? and if they have any instock.  i was plainning on building my own but if i can get one of these i will. i called to check for a price on shipping lower unit to ffl. it will cost me more to transfer the lower than it would to buy and ship the lower itself crazy. maryland sucks
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
can anyone confirm if this sale is still on? and if they have any instock.  i was plainning on building my own but if i can get one of these i will. i called to check for a price on shipping lower unit to ffl. it will cost me more to transfer the lower than it would to buy and ship the lower itself crazy. maryland sucks

Looks like the PSA 16'' M4A1 Standard Carbine are $619 now. They also have the 14.7 HF FN midlength complete rifle for $699.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/rifles-556.php

My bud lives in MD and wanted to do a AR15 build but couldn't find a reasonable priced FFL transfer fee they wanted $80.
Check this link for possible FFL's in MD. Good luck!

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=152
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Any idea when more of these will be in stock?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am looking forward to getting my $599 carbine from Palmetto also. First time buyer from them.

Ordered 11/22, charged cc immediately, that's the last I've heard of it. Except for the email verifying receipt of my local FFL.

As mentioned by others, no answers on the phone, no response to emails or online form.

Since I ordered before Black Friday I had hoped to get it by Christmas. Then I hoped to get it by New Years.

Now I just hope to get it. The positive reviews by many has kept me from calling the credit card company. Their reputation with many of you is why
I'm not freaking out just yet. But I'm almost there.

you ordered around christmas, what did you expect? thyere hammered with orders and they have to build it all as you place your order
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered well before Christmas. November 22nd. That means I ordered before the Black Friday specials and the resulting large number of orders. How anyone can say that is 'around Christmas', I have no idea.

As it turns out, it was built and shipped only a couple days late. It showed up at my FFL on December 13th. So there goes your "they were swamped" argument. They were nearly on time. They said 10 working days, it was 13 by my count.

Problem turned out to be they shipped it with someone else's name on it. If i had gotten an email with a tracking number, I would have been at my FFL much earlier and would have found out the problem.

Instead, I was calling my FFL every couple days, and they would say "nothing with your name came in".  The sheet that DID come with the gun, didn't have a phone number or address on it so the gun just sat there among many others.

Palmetto finally sent an email this week with the date it was delivered. With that info, my FFL started opening packages until they found it based on description. Then they cross referenced the name on it and found  out that person had also ordered a gun from Palmetto. Whoever was in charge of filling orders at Palmetto put the other gentleman's name on two guns, instead of his name on his gun, and my name on my gun.

The gun itself appears to be exactly what was advertised, I am pretty happy with it. I haven't had a chance to put any rounds through it, however on disassembly everything looks good.

But I am really disappointed with the shipping mess. I ordered it in plenty of time to receive it before Christmas as I expected, and ended up not getting it until the other night.

So overall, I am pleased (pre-firing it) with the product but that's the extent of my happiness.

It doesn't help that they forgot to put the D&H PSA 30rd magazine (listed as included in the order in the first post of this thread) in the box when they shipped it. The only mag in the box was the pmag I ordered along with the rifle.

You know I wasn't going to air this out, I've had the gun a couple days and i was going to stay quiet, until you tried to blame me for not giving them enough time somehow.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been spreading this deal around like a rash, if i weren't getting ready to order an upper from PSA i would be all over this.

If I had'nt just bought my Colt 6920 I'd be all over it like a rash too....I hope they get them back in stock soon
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be ordering one of these after taxes come in..  Cant resist it for an AZ rifle..lol.. Lots of little critters around here.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top