User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/28/2011 1:33:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
crazy good deal, basically its the least expensive AR you can get, and it has all the specs

So these 4150 barrels are HPT/MPI Tested, but the other 4150 uppers are not?

Now more mid length lightweight profiles
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
holy smokes

I had to read that twice to make sure I did not hallucinate

very nice

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
At first I thought this was an upper...
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Omg omg midlength option please
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
NICE! You guys often have the best deals on ammo, so why not the best deal on a rifle!
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you willing to make one that would be legal in New York State?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought one of these over a week ago, and have hell getting them to return a call or an email.  I am just wanting my tracking number.  You guys all have bragged on PSA so this is my first dealing with them and so far not real happy with them not getting back with me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:45:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't have my order number with me on this work computer, but seriously what is wrong with answering a simple phone call or email.  Why do I have to resort to bringing it into the public eye to get a responce.  You can't make more than one first impression.  Again I don't have my order number, I know it was 8 days ago.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow crazy deal.

If I wasn't saving for a house I would pick up a couple.

Will pass it on to my friends.

Q: What is the warranty?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are you willing to make one that would be legal in New York State?

Best bet is to purchase the rifle then have it drop shipped to ADCO or someplace like that to have it modified to meet NYS AWB configuration.  Probabaly easier for all parties to do it that way.  I am seriously considering doing it myself
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]
And when you get one and its fudged up (scratched /dinged)PSA customer service tells you " go file a claim with UPS ,,it left here perfect.Weeks later you may get it squared away.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 4:30:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I don’t get what you all is bi***ing about I am really happy to see a good mil spec AR-15 that is reasonably priced it’s not like you’re buying a $2000 LWRC and UPS beats the hell out of there packages at least they did my mark 4 and Trijicon reflex. I will be buying one of these when I’m in the market for a new AR15
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

And when you get one and its fudged up (scratched /dinged)PSA customer service tells you " go file a claim with UPS ,,it left here perfect.Weeks later you may get it squared away.
lol. Heaven forbid there be a scratch or ding on a battle rifle.

Link Posted: 11/9/2011 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Lightweight mid-length barrel please.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I have ordered from PSA in the past and was more than satisfied with my level of customer service. I know I spoke with them, and I don't recall having any trouble reaching them via telephone. This looks like a great deal to me. Wish I had $600
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have ordered from PSA in the past and was more than satisfied with my level of customer service. I know I spoke with them, and I don't recall having any trouble reaching them via telephone. This looks like a great deal to me. Wish I had $600

Agree (not refuting twrg's claim above, but) I've ordered ammo from PSA a few times and their shipping/communication have been just fine.  FWIW.

Great price on a nicely spec'd AR.  Hope you sell a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's how the system works, get used to it.  That is why you should inspect to item as soon as it is received.

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm a first time firearms purchaser and from the homework I've done so far this rifle seems like a nice all around setup. Now, I noticed it comes with a flash suppresser and I believe those are not allowed in Connecticut, correct? Also, for an extra $50 it comes in "MOA"; is that just slightly fancier parts; does the increased price warrant the improvements? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah I bought this rifle about 2 months ago and really enjoy shooting it.Everything matches up really good and looks great.I went into the store and got mine and everybody was eager to help.I just installed the MOE kit on my rifle and makes everything fit me better than the regular eq,so I would go ahead and get it if I had the extra money.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 5:39:19 AM EDT
[#23]
It's a hell of a deal, how can you go wrong.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm a first time firearms purchaser and from the homework I've done so far this rifle seems like a nice all around setup. Now, I noticed it comes with a flash suppresser and I believe those are not allowed in Connecticut, correct? Also, for an extra $50 it comes in "MOA"; is that just slightly fancier parts; does the increased price warrant the improvements? Thanks!

That'd be "MOE" = Magpul Original Equipment

The furniture on the rifle will be from Magpul's budget line rather than the M4-esque stuff seen in the photos.  Most folks like the Magpul equipment better.

"MOA" = Minutes Of Angle
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been spreading this deal around like a rash, if i weren't getting ready to order an upper from PSA i would be all over this.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't get it, why should the manufacturer have to deal with damages that was casued by UPS (or whatever carrier was used)?  Or would you rather let the carrier get  bye just because you feel the need to make the seller pay for damage the carrier caused?

You logic (or lack thereof) escapes me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Great Deal!  I just ordered one.  Went to look into a 2nd and cant get the site to work now?
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Great Deal!  I just ordered one.  Went to look into a 2nd and cant get the site to work now?

Think It overloaded and crashed, they started their holiday weekend sales today at about 4:45..... Image server went down about 6 or so and then the site crashed altogether a few hours later.....man they have some crazy deals
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Just purchased one online, going to need to change my shipping info from my place to an FFL. Hope I will be able to get through and get that changed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Two months ago I bought a PSA Patrol Carbine PKG with Aimpoint PRO & Magpul BUS for $999.  It took a little less than 3 weeks to arrive, and tracking number was emailed to me when it shipped.  I have put over 500 rounds through it so far (Wolf 62gr, PMC X-Tac 62gr green tip & PPU 69gr Match) with no malfunctions of any kind.

Five shot group accuracy off bench @ 100Y was 1.0" with PPU Match, 1 9/16" with X-tac, and typical larger Wolf groups. The groups were all shot using the AimPoint PRO RDS with 2MOA dot aiming center mass at blank paper plates and the heads of LEO humanoid targets (no precise aiming point on targets).  Very good accuracy!

I've owned a bunch of AR's over the past 40 years, mostly Colts, and PSA quality rates very high in my opinion.  It is definintely the least expensive quality carbine on the market today.

Link Posted: 11/30/2011 4:26:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Any idea how long the sale will be on?
Link Posted: 11/30/2011 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#32]
placed many orders with them and they have been A+ every time! sometimes things happen, give it time, be polite, and let them make it right.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#33]
How long do they usually take to process orders? I ordered a stripped lower last Saturday and i still have not received a UPS tracking #.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How long do they usually take to process orders? I ordered a stripped lower last Saturday and i still have not received a UPS tracking #.

I don't know how long they usually take, but the website says up to 10 business days, and you're only on your 5th business day, so I wouldn't get worried just yet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have my order number with me on this work computer, but seriously what is wrong with answering a simple phone call or email.  Why do I have to resort to bringing it into the public eye to get a responce.  You can't make more than one first impression.  Again I don't have my order number, I know it was 8 days ago.

Is your order number 87048?  If so, our CS dept said that they have spoke to you on the phone twice, and just sent you a response to your e-mail.  I'm not sure what the communication issue may be, but customer service can be reached at 803-760-4004/[email protected], and will be happy to assist you.

Seriously... Palmetto Rep., I am sorry that you have to get these phone calls, e-mails and board messages. I understand your need to serve the customer and treat them with respect, but as a former manager for a major retailer and having many years of customer service experience under my belt, I am under no such obligation and would like to say something to these guys concerning this kind of garbage.

(DBS25, this is not directed at you)
Are you blind or do you just think that you are above policy, SOP and everyone else who orders a rifle, upper, lower, etc...? The website, in plain english, says, "Please allow up to 10 working days for your order to ship". Now, if I were brain-dead I could understand how I might think that 8 days(6 business days) would put me in some position to complain, and if I were brain-dead I might not understand how shipping works and that I can't possibly receive or obtain a tracking number on a shipment that hasn't been made yet, and I might somehow believe that when I had spoken with CS(twice) and just didn't grasp the above two concepts, I would somehow have a right to come on a public forum and trash a company because of my own inability to comprehend(or superiority complex), but I am fairly confident that we all have a few neurons firing up in the old scull, so how bout we exercise our few remaining brain cells and think this through before we make any more ridiculous comments or complaints.
A saying that comes to mind.
"It is better to remain silent and appear to be stupid, than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Mods, I hope that this is not inappropriate and considered name-calling, if it is I apologize to you. I just feel that Palmetto is taking a lot of garbage here from customers who apparently don't read or think before opening their mouths.
Good day all.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I ordered my upper and I recieved a UPS tracking immediately. But the site says that it will take 10-15 business days to ship as all rifles are tested before leaving PSA. Me being the impaitient consumer called and asked whats the deal on the 10th day. I forgot whoI spoke to and I was told that they have a crap load of orders and they are in the armory being test fired and to give it the full 15 days. Once I realized I was being like a kid on xmas morning, I calmed down and it was delivered to my door the 15th day as promised. in a HUGE double box, (hard to damage that unless it was run over by a semi). I know it seems like forever but its coming and when it does you will be happy just the rest of us PSA owners.

yes I have a low post count I like to read and not post but here I had too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be getting my first AR pretty soon. I've looked at the $599 PSA and the Sport 15 from S&W. A LGS has one for $625. Is there a real difference between the two? I would also get a MBUS rear sight for the PSA ($56.00). My planned uses are HD, plinking and some local competition. Please be gentle this is my first post and I have very little knowledge of AR's. I've have done a few searches, but there is so so so much info and opinions on this site that it is hard to take it all in and know what's what.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#38]
i'm a noob to ARs as well. i just bought the m4 for 599 from PSA.
and in the 2 range sessions i've had with it, it appears to be the best purchase i've ever made. to get the specs and quality of rifle that i did, for that price, is awesome.
so if you're getting started, this rifle would be a great decision.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I have the AR 15 fever and this deal has caught my eye. Do these come with any warranty? If so, how long and how limited? Can you order it with foliage or O.D., instead of black?
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#40]
This is a great rifle for the cost.  I purchased this same rifle from them around 3 weeks ago (purchased in their store) and I absolutely love it.  Don't be deceived by the price.  This is a quality piece and the fact that the barrel is made by FN (just down the street) is even better.  I am absolutely impressed by their service and the level of detail on this rifle.  I have a buddy who is on the SWAT team for the Aiken County Sheriff's office and he is blown away by this build.  Like everything else beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  This is a great platform to build off of.  Now I just need the 300 Blackout upper (which is supposed to be out by the end of the year) and I am still debating on which long range optic to drop on it to go along with my Aimpoint PRO.
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 4:36:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I got mine ordered over the weekend, Anyone know how there currently sitting as far as wait times ?  Hoping I get my Christmas present to myself by Christmas :D
This is my First AR and hope to not be my only one
Link Posted: 12/14/2011 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine was ordered late 11/14, charged 11/17 and received 12/13 - about 18 working days.  They are admittedly swamped right now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Are these on sale still or did the price go up to $619.99?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#44]
This deal is pretty amazing. I am interested in the 14.7" model. Sweet!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Never seen so many posters with less than 10 posts in any thread, ever.  Bizarre.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Are these on sale still or did the price go up to $619.99?

The $619 one has the M4A1 barrel that's thicker under the handguard.  Mine arrived 6 days after ordering and it looks and shoots great.

Edit:  This was my tenth post.  HA!  ^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I ordered my PSA $599 AR-15 with the optional MOE.  Arrived just in time for Christmas.  I've taken it to the range behind my buddy's house twice now.  Total of 300 rounds fired and incredible gun.  I am a newbie here to AR15.com but created an account just to mention how impressed I was with my new toy.  

I have absolutely no second thoughts as to the quality, customer service, and performance of my new gun and that of PSA.  I'll try to attach some pics if I can figure this out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Tagged for later
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I am looking forward to getting my $599 carbine from Palmetto also. First time buyer from them.

Ordered 11/22, charged cc immediately, that's the last I've heard of it. Except for the email verifying receipt of my local FFL.

As mentioned by others, no answers on the phone, no response to emails or online form.

Since I ordered before Black Friday I had hoped to get it by Christmas. Then I hoped to get it by New Years.

Now I just hope to get it. The positive reviews by many has kept me from calling the credit card company. Their reputation with many of you is why
I'm not freaking out just yet. But I'm almost there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I am looking forward to getting my $599 carbine from Palmetto also. First time buyer from them.

Ordered 11/22, charged cc immediately, that's the last I've heard of it. Except for the email verifying receipt of my local FFL.

As mentioned by others, no answers on the phone, no response to emails or online form.

Since I ordered before Black Friday I had hoped to get it by Christmas. Then I hoped to get it by New Years.

Now I just hope to get it. The positive reviews by many has kept me from calling the credit card company. Their reputation with many of you is why
I'm not freaking out just yet. But I'm almost there.

A co-worker friend had this problem and looked up their shop phone number. Called them on that and all is well.
Don't know why PSA even lists that number on their website as they never answer it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top