Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:59:28 PM
[Last Edit: 7/6/2011 7:01:08 PM by SharpsMilSpec]

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
We are giving the AR15.com community a sneak peak of the box art our soon to be release 25-45 Sharps. Let us know which box you like best.

A quick summary on the 25-45 Sharps, the initial loading is an 87 Gr Hot-Cor bullet that will have at the muzzle approximately 3000fps and 1681fpe.
It is a .257 Caliber on the 45mm 5.56x45mm case. Feeds through a standard 5.56mm magazine, but custom tailored magazines will be offered.
A quick upper change out (or even just a barrel change) gives you a caliber that is economical to shoot compared to most AR variants and makes your AR a true hunting rifle legal to hunt with and capable of taking deer, antelope, coyote, boar, etc.

Please visit our Industry page to vote 25-45 Box Art Vote

Option A

Option B

Option C

Sharps 2010, Way Beyond Mil Spec.
Info@sharpsmilspec.com
www.SharpsMilSpec.com
www.SharpsRifleCompany.com
crackedcornish
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 9:14:54 PM
I like "A"
the A2 is not now, nor will it ever be, retro......but I still like 'em
coolrock6644
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 9:55:06 PM
Originally Posted By crackedcornish:
I like "A"

I like A as well, but I don't see the necessity of the "Legal in All 50 States" part. There may be a reason I don't know about, but just my 2 cents.
BUIS
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:41:34 PM
Option A for a hunting load, option C for a tactical load. In either case the bullet type needs to be included, not just the weight..
The_Kyle
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/6/2011 11:46:21 PM

Originally Posted By BUIS:
Option A for a hunting load, option C for a tactical load. In either case the bullet type needs to be included, not just the weight..

Yup.
SharpsMilSpec-Mike
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/7/2011 12:08:33 AM
good points.....

The 50 States legal was a bit of a miscommunication with the advertising firm. Basically, we are looking into making sure that its 50 states legal for deer, boar, antelope, etc. but the research isn't done there yet, but the lead in was left on the box anyway.
Snowman38
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/7/2011 12:28:43 AM
Option B. It has the old school sharps feel with a clear modern purpose.
jerz_subbie
Acronym & abbreviation whore :-)
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/7/2011 1:57:53 AM
Originally Posted By The_Kyle:

Yup.

+2

They're very different choices IMO. Putting a life-like dear on a box says "hunting" whereas multicam or a solider says "tactical". However, "A" is still nice for a hunting load since this load is designed to be used in the AR platform.
"When will the economy get better?" When you start spending!

Yes, I'm licensed to use a dremel. Don't try this at home!
LeoAtrox
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/7/2011 9:44:17 PM
It's "C" for me.
Loe_307
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/8/2011 1:30:17 PM
Originally Posted By Snowman38:
Option B. It has the old school sharps feel with a clear modern purpose.

+1
Swoosh101
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/8/2011 2:55:37 PM
Option B
There is one certain means by which I can be sure to never see my country's ruin; I will die in the last ditch!
everman7
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:21:29 PM
I have to vote for A.
The background texture works with both the deer and the rifleman.
It's a good look and feel.

Option B works well with the wolf, but not so much with the rifleman.
The old-school feel of the gold clashes with the rifleman in my opinion.

Option C, the digital camo is just not right with the animals, maybe the rifleman if the colors were consistent.

my $0.02
(graphic designer by trade)
BUIS
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 12:28:34 AM
Originally Posted By everman7:
I have to vote for A.

Option C, the digital camo is just not right with the animals, maybe the rifleman if the colors were consistent.

my $0.02

I mostly agree with this. With the exception that the digi camo and the lion work well together not because you'd hunt lions with it, but because the lion works well with the warrior spirit. Thus why I said I like option C best for a tactical loading.
Gamma762
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 1:10:56 AM
Option B if you deleted the Wolf off the box, which has some connotations from all the "alpha wolf" t shirts and other garbage that used to go around. Plus confusion with Wolf brand ammo.
This is...a clue. - Pat_Rogers
CO, FL, MI, SC, NH, NV - Please lobby your legislators to end discrimination against non-resident CCW permit holders
SharpsMilSpec-Mike
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 4:59:40 AM
[Last Edit: 7/9/2011 5:01:18 AM by SharpsMilSpec-Mike]
Originally Posted By everman7:
I have to vote for A.

my $0.02

I mostly agree with this. With the exception that the digi camo and the lion work well together not because you'd hunt lions with it, but because the lion works well with the warrior spirit. Thus why I said I like option C best for a tactical loading.

Actually that's suppose to be a Coyote in C....hard to tell with the close up as I heard this same comment from a staff member.
SharpsMilSpec-Mike
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 5:00:47 AM

Interesting thoughts....they were shooting for Coyotes on these, but I think the photos aren't clear enough in that department.
sferrin
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 12:09:10 PM
"muzzle approximately 3000fps and 1681fpe"

Through how long of a barrel?
ar911d
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 2:22:17 PM
[Last Edit: 7/9/2011 2:27:32 PM by ar911d]
I'd go with A. I think the box covers the hunting theme with the deer and the tactical theme with the rifleman. B has a bit of an old west feel to it for me. On C I think it would look better if the camo pattern matched the colors of the animal pic, which should be zoomed out a little bit.
rgerh
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 10:54:07 PM
My vote goes for B I really like the gold goes with the black & white giving the box an old feel with a modern warrior in it. I know you have already decided on the 25 45 name but I would like it to read 257x45 as a reloader it tells me what it is.
SharpsMilSpec-Mike
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 11:43:03 PM
Originally Posted By rgerh:
My vote goes for B I really like the gold goes with the black & white giving the box an old feel with a modern warrior in it. I know you have already decided on the 25 45 name but I would like it to read 257x45 as a reloader it tells me what it is.

Actually it was going to be the 25x45, but as SAAMI is working to be friends with CIP there we objection to the X as someone (no idea who) could mistake it for 25mm x 45mm. So we had to make the compromise.
SharpsMilSpec-Mike
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 11:46:44 PM
Originally Posted By sferrin:
"muzzle approximately 3000fps and 1681fpe"

Through how long of a barrel?

24" test barrel. I know, a bit long for what an AR, but the numbers they publish for the 223 Rem, 250 Savage, 30/30, etc are all from the same 24" SAAMI Standard barrel. You can standardize on a shorter barrel, but it can cause a lot of problems. However, we will be publishing "practical" numbers for the round showing what it does in a 16" barrel, 18" barrel, 20" barrel, etc. so folks can match it up to whatever they are carrying.
The_Kyle
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/9/2011 11:48:28 PM
Why does everyone keep calling it a wolf? Its clearly a coyote.

Something else to consider: Since you're obviously marketing this to hunters, ditch the soldier looking guy on the box and replace him with someone that resembles more of a hunter. Yes, I know that may be how he dresses to go hunting, but most people don't gear up like that to go after Bambi.
SharpsMilSpec-Mike
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2011 9:43:12 AM
Originally Posted By The_Kyle:
Why does everyone keep calling it a wolf? Its clearly a coyote.

Something else to consider: Since you're obviously marketing this to hunters, ditch the soldier looking guy on the box and replace him with someone that resembles more of a hunter. Yes, I know that may be how he dresses to go hunting, but most people don't gear up like that to go after Bambi.

Not sure on the Coyote/Wolf confusion.

Kyle, you made the same observation as our corporate officer who is also a professional guide.

My thought, a compromise....Since the imagery here is allusion to the AR's transformation from a military rifle to a hunting rifle, I suggested doing a fade where half of the image was in traditional hunting gear for our ear, orange base ball cap, orange vest, etc. and the other half the military a fellow in fatigues. Maybe a slight change in background behind the "military" half as well to prevent confusion as in the brewing Coyote/Wolf debate.
Saryan
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/10/2011 4:06:35 PM
[Last Edit: 7/10/2011 4:08:15 PM by Saryan]
Your "SRc" looks like Surgeon Rifles logo a little. Besides that it looks good and I would say option A but make it a hunter with a modern hunting style AR15. Not an A2..... Also if you put the word "dynamic" in there people will spend whatever you ask......
prathzb
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/12/2011 1:53:18 PM
I like "B"

I'm assuming the caliber would prove more useful for dispatching varments and preditors than deer. I also like the gray on bronze look.
[NO TEXT]
SharpsMilSpec
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/13/2011 9:46:27 AM
Originally Posted By Saryan:
Your "SRc" looks like Surgeon Rifles logo a little. Besides that it looks good and I would say option A but make it a hunter with a modern hunting style AR15. Not an A2..... Also if you put the word "dynamic" in there people will spend whatever you ask......

Love the dynamic comment.....also yes, we'll go with something a little less A2ish in the final renditions.

However, I do have to say if there is similarity with the Surgeon logo that theirs must look like ours as this is the original rendition on a 1880's era butt plate :)
Sharps 2010, Way Beyond Mil Spec.
Info@sharpsmilspec.com
www.SharpsMilSpec.com
www.SharpsRifleCompany.com
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2