Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:06:14 AM EDT
Does anyone make A1 uppers without the forward assist?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nodak Spud
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#2]
What you are looking for is a 604 upper.

If you are not in a hurry NoDak Spuds does, but they have quite the waiting list. If you don't mind spending a bit more keep and eye out in the EE and on Gunbroker, you should be able to find what you want.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No, there are no A1 uppers without forward assist, because the forward assist is one of the things which make an upper an "A1 upper".

However, there are plenty of pre-A1 style uppers without a forward assist. An upper with "field sights" that lacks forward assist is usually referred to as a "slick upper".
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
No such thing

Fulton might still make some? Otherwise a WTB ad might find you one
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, there are no A1 uppers without forward assist, because the forward assist is one of the things which make an upper an "A1 upper".

However, there are plenty of pre-A1 style uppers without a forward assist. An upper with "field sights" that lacks forward assist is usually referred to as a "slick upper".
View Quote
Excuse my ignorance. I was referring to a 604 upper like the other poster said.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I realize I was wasting my time the last two years looking for a 604 with the forward assist.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No such thing

Fulton might still make some? Otherwise a WTB ad might find you one
View Quote
At the moment Fulton does not. Other  than for their legacy uppers, that is. Guy I spoke with a few weeks ago said they may start selling them again late this year or early next. Might be worth calling if others want some, if only to show there is some interest in them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Now I realize I was wasting my time the last two years looking for a 604 with the forward assist.
View Quote
Hahaha.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#9]
bookertbab, I'd highly recommend the NDS 604 upper. The NDS may be blemished  (my two are), more expensive, but correct finish and well worth the wait. I do have a Fulton Armory  slick side blemished upper I picked up this summer at Camp Perry during the National Matches for $35. It was black with many cosmetic blems. But the fit for sights, ejection port cover, charging handle, BCG, barrel nut and lower was just about perfect for what it's worth.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top