Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 9:39:40 PM EDT
Like many others have said here, a 602 done right is one of correct the most expensive/difficult build. Losing that 602 upper receiver is getting me thinking about just how am I going to get this done.

I have all the small, original and correct parts including chrome carrier and bolt, triangular charging handle, dimpled stuff, early bolt catch, square pad ejection port door, FCG etc.

I had Braceman take a half fence Nodak 80% and shaved the fence and engraved the correct marking as only he can do. The only thing not on this lower is the square on the right side.

I have an early SP1 upper with square forge features but it does have the forge codes. This is part of a SP1 carbine upper with a CMPB marked barrel.

I am thinking of taking the upper and removing the forge codes and arrow and having the front pivot hole redone and the proper directional engraving done and then use rest of the upper for a 653 build for my daughter.

Any other suggestion, better or otherwise, would be appreciated

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/682175454

Try that one?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Idk. I had a fake one for awhile. BTW, my original 602 Upper is rounded in way of the charging handle, not angled like a 601, so I'm using a rounded charging handle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I would go with that plan until you find a suitable original receiver OP.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/682175454

Try that one?
View Quote
With a refinish (that looks too light in color, to me anyway) & the sight directional markings that are just about worn away from media blasting, no thanks, especially at the price it is now. I know the original port door & CH bring the price up, but not worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking the same thing. That refinish on that is not what I am looking for.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would go with that plan until you find a suitable original receiver OP.

With a refinish (that looks too light in color, to me anyway) & the sight directional markings that are just about worn away from media blasting, no thanks, especially at the price it is now. I know the original port door & CH bring the price up, but not worth it IMO.
View Quote
lol Oh boy that jumped like hell
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks as though someone sand blasted that poor receiver, not aluminum oxide. The pitting from the media blast is intense. Poor receiver!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top