Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 4:45:38 PM EDT
Was traveling to my parent's home in northern Illinois yesterday and decided to make a little detour and go thru Warsaw to drop off a barrel for John Thomas to pin and weld a flash hider on (I had emailed ahead of time to be sure it was ok to stop by).

What a genuine, nice, down to earth guy!!!  (Not that I expected any different!!)  John graciously took time out of his work day to show me around his shop, to show me some projects he was working on, and to just chat a little bit about retro as well as life in general.  John is a great person and does great work (He just put together a GAU 5/A/A for me as well that turned out great!!) and has super quick turn around time and excellent customer service and communication.  It was a real pleasure to get to know him a little bit.  Thanks again, John!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
+1

I havent met him in person but I have had a lot of communication with John and he has always been pleasant and very professional. Plus his work is great!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
John is an awesome guy, does great work and has stopped me blowing my self up several times so yeah all around big thumbs up from me!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
rifle,

I think you posted about travelling through Chicago for pizza and such in the Illinois hometown forum.

WOW, dude, your GPS must be off a mite: Chicago is in the northeast corner of IL (basically), and Warsaw, IL is on the eastern side of the Mississippi River where Iowa and Missouri meet. That GPS needs some "calibration" I would say indeed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Rifle,

Sorry, my bad. It was another guy from Tennessee going through Chicago, BigSouthFork. Your GPS works just fine...hopefully you find your way home soon because Illinois might be going belly up soon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Retro,

Not to be argumentative, but I never posted in a hometown forum and my parents live in the northwest corner of the state, not Chicago, and when traveling from Tennessee, Warsaw was only about an extra 100 miles out of the way, so I think my GPS is working OK, thanks.  

Might want to check yours, tho.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
rifle,

Mistaken identity.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
No worries
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I never met JT, but I heard that he is 7 ft tall, wears size 22 shoes and taught mentored Chuck Norris.

Seriously, that man does good work, does it on time, and charges a fair price.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That man is the retro version of Bill Brasky!

Never had the pleasure in person but have spoken with him on the phone a couple times. Reminds me, I need to get my DOE project out to him.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#11]
A few years ago I did everything I could think of to talk JT into retiring here in Florida.  However, he decided that he likes Illinois winters better than Florida winters.  The only person in the history of America to ever make that choice.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Flash,

He might move once Illinois goes bankrupt.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few years ago I did everything I could think of to talk JT into retiring here in Florida.  However, he decided that he likes Illinois winters better than Florida winters.  The only person in the history of America to ever make that choice.  
View Quote
Not the only one. I'm originally from FL and I can't take the heat any more. My retirement plan is to head to Montana and have some land up in the hills there. Gimme some nice sub freezing temps and some snow on the ground all day long!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not the only one. I'm originally from FL and I can't take the heat any more. My retirement plan is to head to Montana and have some land up in the hills there. Gimme some nice sub freezing temps and some snow on the ground all day long!
View Quote
Bro havent u heard of global warming? Montana will be 104 in the winter soon.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Then where I live right now will be about 15 ft under water!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I never met JT, but I heard that he is 7 ft tall, wears size 22 shoes and taught mentored Chuck Norris.

Seriously, that man does good work, does it on time, and charges a fair price.
View Quote
just don't ask him to go on the roof and adjust a antenna.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
just don't ask him to go on the roof and adjust a antenna.
View Quote
Poor guy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#18]
To add in on the JT love, sent John an envelope with cash in it and a note that basically came down to "lock washer plz." Actually sent away to buy 5 flash hider lock washers and he sent back 7. So John will forever have my business.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I am lucky I live about an hour away from him. I take most of my stuff to him and sit and watch him work his magic, Very nice guy. Its incredible what he can do with what he has.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top