Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2017 8:30:58 PM EDT
This is my 20" that I built from spare parts on a BCP M16a2 marked lower. I need to change the slip ring out to a delta and swap out the Del Ton light weight profile barrel out for a gov't profile one. I will more than likely sell the barrelsoon but she shoots so nice.

Next is my Penn State Police Colt Govt A2 Carbine , This one was made in Canada and has the LEO/Military roll marks. This must have done nothing but sit in the armory its whole life.

And last but not least is my Bushmaster carbine, has the 11.5 with the 5.5 flash hider and a 2 position car stock. has a color old purple tint to it.

My other ARs are m4 profile, one for the wife and the other I use for work.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. I like the old Bushy carbine.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, just learned about those Canada made Colt's a few days ago. I really want one now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Great trio of A2's! I especially like the rollmarks on the 20" rifle. I hadn't heard of that brand, but I want one of those lowers!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Like 'em all!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn, just learned about those Canada made Colt's a few days ago. I really want one now.
View Quote
Thats what drew me to it, I saw it at a gun show and had to get it, not something you see everyday.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The lower on the 20" is from a company here in my home town, they did a limited run a couple of months ago and sold completly out. The lower has some really nice features that are hidden like a set srew retainer for the rear detent spring so it doesnt go flying off when you remove the stock. The pin for the mag release is threaded and you use a small allen wrench to install instead of having to drive in a roll pin. Also has an upper and lower tenioner under the grip. Not really GI correct features but sure makes a nice lower.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The lower on the 20" is from a company here in my home town, they did a limited run a couple of months ago and sold completly out. The lower has some really nice features that are hidden like a set srew retainer for the rear detent spring so it doesnt go flying off when you remove the stock. The pin for the mag release is threaded and you use a small allen wrench to install instead of having to drive in a roll pin. Also has an upper and lower tenioner under the grip. Not really GI correct features but sure makes a nice lower.
View Quote
Jax represent! Alas I missed out on getting one of those lowers by a day. Now to just convince them to carry those lowers year round, and maybe sell reprofiled lowers with A1 markings.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Jax represent! Alas I missed out on getting one of those lowers by a day. Now to just convince them to carry those lowers year round, and maybe sell reprofiled lowers with A1 markings.
View Quote
Yes Sir!! , I bought one of the last 2 they had, wish I would have gotten the other since they gave me a nice LEO discount. I talked to them about the how popular the retro craze had become and they seemed to show some intrest in it, I told them i would bring one of my A1's by for a look. I havent gotten back by there yet...The Patrol keeps me hoping!!

He really wanted to see my old billet Palmetto Armory A1 so I just may have to make a trip by there again real soon!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thats what drew me to it, I saw it at a gun show and had to get it, not something you see everyday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try having a diemaco barrel, and needing a CAnada lower...(I can rob a diemaco upper from one of my other M4s if I find a lower)
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Try having a diemaco barrel, and needing a CAnada lower...(I can rob a diemaco upper from one of my other M4s if I find a lower)
View Quote
Supposedly it was 100% Diemaco duilt, I know for sure it has a Diemaco bolt and carrier.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Consider going the 80% route and having Braceman engrave it? He's done Diemaco lowers in the past if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes Sir!! , I bought one of the last 2 they had, wish I would have gotten the other since they gave me a nice LEO discount. I talked to them about the how popular the retro craze had become and they seemed to show some intrest in it, I told them i would bring one of my A1's by for a look. I havent gotten back by there yet...The Patrol keeps me hoping!!

He really wanted to see my old billet Palmetto Armory A1 so I just may have to make a trip by there again real soon!!
View Quote
Definitely need to try and organize an FL retro shoot sometime. Definitely seems there's enough of us hanging around here. Hell we could try and put together a retro 3 Gun shoot. Maybe at one of the ranges near Orlando so it'd be central to everyone.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Definitely need to try and organize an FL retro shoot sometime. Definitely seems there's enough of us hanging around here. Hell we could try and put together a retro 3 Gun shoot. Maybe at one of the ranges near Orlando so it'd be central to everyone.
View Quote
Sounds good, Ill be at the range all day Monday - Wednesday next week......... 3 days of shooting state 5.56 ammo.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
3 days of shooting state 5.56 ammo....

Thanks for sharing the weapons.  A little different than most.  Like the older BM too.  

Best ammo to shoot is tax payer ammo.  Not the most accurate ammo out there  but the price sure is right for the end user.  I'm going to decap / size brass from today's shoot in a bit.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top