Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/8/2017 2:33:13 AM EDT
I remember seeing teasers about it in a thread where they were messing with the polymers and what-not.

Any word?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Here I am hoping they have been tweaking it to be just right.....

Awaiting informed answers.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
In for answers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Might be worth asking in the Brownell's forum.  I hope it's still a thing. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang you Brownell's! Haven't you taken enough of my money already?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still coming along nicely.  The furniture should be shipping by the end of Summer.
Right now we're ensuring heat shield fit, finalizing texture in the mold and awaiting delivery of some small components.
View Quote
Thanks for the update.

Ron
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Still coming along nicely.  The furniture should be shipping by the end of Summer.
Right now we're ensuring heat shield fit, finalizing texture in the mold and awaiting delivery of some small components.
View Quote
Any idea on projected pricing for these items? Looking forward to getting a full furniture set. Thanks!

@Brownells
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Great news, thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any word on what items will be available?  Such as what kind of stocks, handguards, etc.? 

Thanks for your responses, and I'm looking forward to purchasing some of them when they are available.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
What type of furniture is being planned? Any Type D stocks?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Outstanding.

Might I put in a request for some reproduction aluminum stocks with a glossy finish of some sort? I'm sure they'd sell well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Outstanding.

Might I put in a request for some reproduction aluminum stocks with a glossy finish of some sort? I'm sure they'd sell well.
View Quote
That's one thing I'm hoping for. I'd be in for 3. 
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This Summer:
Type D Stock, M16A1 Handguards w/ Heatshield & A1 Pistol Grip.
http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126709/FullSizeRender-229758.jpg

These will be available as a kit & individually, in black, green and brown.

Pricing not yet finalized.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Make lots of extra LH handguards to go with all the NOS right hand guards floating around out there. I've got 4 in-the-wrap NOS RH I picked up years ago that need mates.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This Summer:
Type D Stock, M16A1 Handguards w/ Heatshield & A1 Pistol Grip.
http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126709/FullSizeRender-229758.jpg

These will be available as a kit & individually, in black, green and brown.

Pricing not yet finalized.
View Quote
Some constructive criticism; The vertical mold mark on the top forward portion of the pistol grip behind the trigger guard shouldn't be there. 

Also it is hard to tell from the angle of the stock, but it looks like the bottom horizontal angle leaving the bottom of the lower receiver comes out almost straight before tapering down. It should be one angle.  This could just be the angle of the photo or the shadow?, but it doesn't look quite right. 

Thanks for bringing these to market too I can't wait to cut one apart. 

-Matt
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Sweet. Looking forward to the furniture!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Those look nice.

Hopefully Brownells will offer them up early (and cheap ) to their EDGE members!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
 This could just be the angle of the photo or the shadow?, but it doesn't look quite right. 
-Matt
View Quote
I'm looking at the hand guards and thinking the same thing. It's hard to tell from the photo, but my first impression upon looking at the photo was 'that just doesn't look quite right...'
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 4:22:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm looking at the hand guards and thinking the same thing. It's hard to tell from the photo, but my first impression upon looking at the photo was 'that just doesn't look quite right...'
View Quote
Judging from past products, it probably isn't.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Geez ...thanks Brownells....now I have to get the green and the brown furniture for future builds.   I guess you are getting more of my business later this summer......I might be going broke but I love it..
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Love that they went with type D's. Cooler looking(plus shoulder better IMO) and harder to reproduce for sure. Well done!
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's almost like they go out of their way to make each repro part slightly(or in some cases) way off.  Maybe it's so it can never be confused with the real McCoy.
Brownells should hire some of the guys in this forum to help with this retro project, they need some guidance from people that know this stuff it seems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Make lots of extra LH handguards to go with all the NOS right hand guards floating around out there. I've got 4 in-the-wrap NOS RH I picked up years ago that need mates.
View Quote
Unless the finish doesn't match NOS...
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm interested to see how the material they're using compares to original furniture.

Half the appeal of Retro furniture is the way it feels. Heft, hardness.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm interested to see how the material they're using compares to original furniture.

Half the appeal of Retro furniture is the way it feels. Heft, hardness.
View Quote
For me, it's b because that's what I carried in the Army, primarily. But also because it just feels better when holding it, it's like a good pair of gloves, or a favorite pair of tennis shoes that are broken in 'just right'.

The M16 and M16A1 furniture just 'fits' better (to me, anyway).
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's almost like they go out of their way to make each repro part slightly(or in some cases) way off.  Maybe it's so it can never be confused with the real McCoy.
Brownells should hire some of the guys in this forum to help with this retro project, they need some guidance from people that know this stuff it seems.
View Quote
It is not just Brownells, other vendors do it also.
There are a few guys here that know their stuff about retro parts.
If they would send them a set to try ( They get to keep them for there effort) and have them do a review or suggestions.
Before they mass produce them, not after they have a bunch of them on the shelves.  
Many of us are willing to pay a good price for correct parts, but not for parts that are not correct.
I am afraid that the vendors will quit trying if this happens often.

Just my 2 cents also.
Ron
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm looking forward to these being released.  I need a set of good A1 furniture.

My handgaurds are all chipped up and they shake around...
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to these being released.  I need a set of good A1 furniture.

My handgaurds are all chipped up and they shake around...
View Quote
There's other sources to get some, ar15sport.com, for instance. I would imagine that the Brownells replica's will be as expensive or more so than the surplus handguards that you'd get there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Agree. I appreciate after market stuff being available, and am willing to pay accordingly especially for barrels and lowers. Furniture (?) I'm not sure about where the market is at exactly.

Quoted:
There's other sources to get some, ar15sport.com, for instance. I would imagine that the Brownells replica's will be as expensive or more so than the surplus handguards that you'd get there.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Any updates on what the pricing will be?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#33]
This ^. I'm dying to get a set for a build I want to do. That, and the A2 grip on my Windham has got to go.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Bump for inquiring minds....

@brownells
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm interested as well. Last parts I need for my a1 build. Pretty much just waiting to see when, how much.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#36]
They posted on Facebook not too long ago that it was being pushed back a little - likely be ready in the Fall. They also showed a pic. The furniture was green.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They posted on Facebook not too long ago that it was being pushed back a little - likely be ready in the Fall. They also showed a pic. The furniture was green.
View Quote
The picture that they posted earlier in this thread shows black.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Further up in this thread Brownells states the furniture will be available in black green and brown
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#40]
That green looks weird.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That green looks weird.
View Quote
Not the final color. Test fit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That green looks weird.
View Quote
Looks like pea soup.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Would be interesting to see them possibly add a few camouflage versions later on, like your standard 'realtree' type camouflage, perhaps a winter or arctic type too maybe.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Would be interesting to see them possibly add a few camouflage versions later on, like your standard 'realtree' type camouflage, perhaps a winter or arctic type too maybe.
View Quote
Tigerstripe and ERDL
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Tigerstripe and ERDL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tigerstripe and ERDL
And wine leaf
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not the final color. Test fit.
View Quote
Glad to hear that, I am looking forward to buying a green furniture set.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone know if they are going to put in any distinguishing marks between the repro and original?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I would safely assume 'yes', to that. I say that because they don't appear as the type of company to silently try and backhand the collectors market, so to speak. If it isn't a plain as day marking on the inside or around where the delta ring seats (therefor hidden while installed) the inside of the handguards may be completely different, such as perhaps a different heatshield design or material as a dead give away. The most likely outcome is either their ram or the Brownells name embossed somewhere on the inside of the part in question. But, that's just speculation on my part.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they are going to put in any distinguishing marks between the repro and original?
View Quote
I have a 30 round mag from them, which came with one of my M16A1 kits that I bought, and the floor plate says Brownells, so I'd assume that these will have it stamped somewhere also. You never know though.

Personally, I'd rather have the real thing. But I'm sure they will become hard to get at some point, so reproductions will be the only option. For now though, you can get surplus fairly easily. I just wish that real A1 lower receivers were as easy to obtain and not $25,000.00 lol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have a 30 round mag from them, which came with one of my M16A1 kits that I bought, and the floor plate says Brownells, so I'd assume that these will have it stamped somewhere also. You never know though.

Personally, I'd rather have the real thing. But I'm sure they will become hard to get at some point, so reproductions will be the only option. For now though, you can get surplus fairly easily. I just wish that real A1 lower receivers were as easy to obtain and not $25,000.00 lol.
View Quote
I think all of us wish the Hughes amendment never passed in the first place..... I think that was 68? Either way, still sucks that we can't purchase new full-auto or even burst lowers. I'd love to have an AR that went full auto. Even if no ranges around me allowed me to, the fact that (in a better world) I was legally able to purchase this rifle with the full auto capability without really thinking anything of it, in other words this ability being nothing special, that would still rock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top