Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2017 6:29:48 PM EDT
It's my first post on here so I thought I would start out in the place I will likely spent most of my time, the Retro section!  

About a month ago I traded my dad a RRA LAR-15 for this Windham made, ban-era, XM15-E2S. It was made during the ban so that means no muzzle threads, 10 round magazine, HBAR, semi-auto cut BC, and no bayonet lug. Before I was into shooting all I knew about this rifle was that it was really heavy and was really unreliable.   

Here is how it was when I got it:

After getting hold of it I decided I wanted to bring life back into this old rifle and make it into an A2 clone. Really the only way I could start changing this rifle and not trigger my OCD about my rifles being company matching was to send it to Windham Weaponry and have them re-barrel it. I had them re-barrel it to a correct A2 profile with bayonet lug. Windham Weaponry people are awesome by the way, they really went above and beyond my expectations with this whole thing. I told them I wanted a full auto cut BC put n while they had it and they gave me a brand new complete BCG while only charging me for the carrier.

Here it is now:

Out of the 7 AR-15's I own this one now means the most to me.  

Now that this rifle is done I have moved onto an M16A1 build. Using mainly Brownell's upper, lower (getting really impatient with this one), and barrel. All of the small parts I have got from Amherst Depot, another really great company.

I hope my first post wasn't too boring for you guys and I look forward to the advice you all give out!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent first post sir, and welcome to the site. 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice rifle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You chose the by-far best variant. Looks excellent. My first was a 20" A2.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Theres an a2 forum here if you didnt know but welcome
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome to resurrect an A2, it looks great with the flash hider and bayonet lug. A2's are great shooters and many consider them retro; 1983 was a long time ago.

Be sure to keep us posted on your A1 build.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top