Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2017 11:51:22 AM EDT
I'm working on cad drawings that could be used to reproduce A1style lowers, I have found some poor copies of govt. drawings on the web, that are missing some critical dimensions from the poor Xeroxing that was done. anyone have a clear readable copy of dwg#62508?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike or Harlan from NDS should have exactly what it is you seek. However I don't believe they'd give up that data so easily seeing as it's kinda the core of their business.

Never hurts to ask though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Here they are for you. Only forging ones I had for the lowers.

M16A1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hituigv370c0fxl/M16A1-Colt%20forging%20and%20machining%20drawings.pdf?dl=0
M16A2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj5kr9b9s6vcoym/M16A2%20lower%20forging.pdf?dl=0

You need to download them pretty soon because I am not going to host them for very long since I need the space when sharing files with clients.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that. I downloaded them too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,

the copy you posted is a little clearer than the version I found on the web.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
we recently had another mbr dzyner tackle this and the result was nothing short of amazing. I loaned him a saw cut 601. He rebuilt it in cad to exact specs for the rear webbing and reinforcements and even took the magwell down a bit to get the datum"+" on the front of the magwell. He also found a thicker front pivot pin hole forging that allows him to reprofile them without getting the thin bottoms that happen on a lot of the others. I think he has been selling them on GB. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:21:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, I downloaded them also. I will share  them whenever I have the chance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the trigger well flashing is removed?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-1495-218584.JPGwe recently had another mbr dzyner tackle this and the result was nothing short of amazing. I loaned him a saw cut 601. He rebuilt it in cad to exact specs for the rear webbing and reinforcements and even took the magwell down a bit to get the datum"+" on the front of the magwell. He also found a thicker front pivot pin hole forging that allows him to reprofile them without getting the thin bottoms that happen on a lot of the others. I think he has been selling them on GB. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like the trigger well flashing is removed?
View Quote
As were the 601s, and 602s. This is the best repro I have seen, as it was modeled using a real one. Still not perfect, but the closest IMHO. Holding an authentic early lower next to any later model, there are almost more differences than similarities. every edge was smoothed and rounded, in and out on the early ones, the FCG pocket machining process was different.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Was on the 03'd then that the flashing was left? I didn't know it was removed on the earlier models, very cool.

William
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-1495-218584.JPGwe recently had another mbr dzyner tackle this and the result was nothing short of amazing. I loaned him a saw cut 601. He rebuilt it in cad to exact specs for the rear webbing and reinforcements and even took the magwell down a bit to get the datum"+" on the front of the magwell. He also found a thicker front pivot pin hole forging that allows him to reprofile them without getting the thin bottoms that happen on a lot of the others. I think he has been selling them on GB. 
View Quote
Mmmm. Yesss. Very nice. (Searching gunbroker with the other hand).
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top