Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2017 10:41:34 AM EDT
To help with the long wait for a NFA stamp,  I'm going to turn out a dummy barrel to install on my unfinished Colt 607 build.
That got me thinking that it might be fun to shoot some blanks.

Would it be possible to make a "Legal" SBR barrel capable of firing blanks, but have it made so that it couldn't chamber cartridges loaded with projectiles?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
To help with the long wait for a NFA stamp,  I'm going to turn out a dummy barrel to install on my unfinished Colt 607 build.

Would it be possible to make a "Legal" SBR barrel capable of firing blanks, but have it made so that it couldn't chamber cartridges loaded with projectiles?
View Quote

Who knows with the alphabet boys but these have been around for a while now...http://www.tommygunner.com/blankbarrels/index.htm
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave up the idea of making a blank firing barrel.
I would probably have to go through an approval process with the ATF.

So here is progress on making a dummy barrel, so that I may continue on with fitting of the hand guards and such.

I bought a barrel extension from Brownells, and turned out a barrel from of a piece of steel lying around in the scrap pile.

Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
A "dummy" which looks better and way more authentic than 99.9% of the real retro barrels that are commercially available. That looks great!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure it has to be a different caliber.  As in a blank only caliber

Plugging the bore isn't enough.

I've seen a non transferable ac556 set up like it. Fired full auto in something else.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

make a pistol or just wait man. not worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^this

Just make a pistol and throw on a brace until your stamp comes back, you're really overthinking this.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

^this

Just make a pistol and throw on a brace until your stamp comes back, you're really overthinking this.
View Quote
I might be. LOL

But, I have a home machine shop that I enjoy spending time in it.
So, all is good
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top