Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2017 7:58:13 AM EDT
I got to play with this a little bit yesterday at the APG Centennial Live Fire Demonstration.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Interesting, right?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it has a 2 round burst cam in it. Also has sticker over the Colt logo.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Full auto 602 with a 2 shot burst and that sticker. That is interesting. Someone will come along wit an explanation on what it is I'm sure.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the roll pinned buffer tube too
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for reposting

What I find interesting is the selector positions not only have a 2rd burst, but the semi and auto are out of their normal places. Its not a modification either, that lower was made by Colt like that. Perhaps specially made and submitted to Aberdeen.

Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
No selector stops?  Ever?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#6]
That's way too cool.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for reposting

What I find interesting is the selector positions not only have a 2rd burst, but the semi and auto are out of their normal places. Its not a modification either, that lower was made by Colt like that. Perhaps specially made and submitted to Aberdeen.

Thanks for sharing!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks for reposting

Thanks for sharing!
Sorry, but that 602 didn't come originally from Colt like that. It was modified later.

Burst and a 4 position selector didn't come around until a little later with the 605B.

Quoted:
Full auto 602 with a 2 shot burst and that sticker. That is interesting. Someone will come along wit an explanation on what it is I'm sure.

The sticker is a scannable sticker for the armory. Interesting they put it over the Colt logo though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry, but that 602 didn't come originally from Colt like that. It was modified later.

Burst and a 4 position selector didn't come around until a little later with the 605B.
View Quote
Now, that's just not true.

The burst fire kit patent was filed in 64, at the tail end of Model 02 production. Most of the tool room prototype guns Colt built for the CAR-15 family (605, 606, 607, etc.) were built on Model 02 receivers, like the 16 in mid-length carbine for example, and most of them had burst kits installed. More importantly, the rifle in question uses the term "2 shot" which is the same nomenclature that appears on said prototypes. 2 shot was the earliest version of the burst kit and seemes to have been favored by Colt at the time, even though they also produced a 3 shot cam to go with the kit. All of this stuff was in development and was featured in marketing brochures in late '64 and early '65. 1964 also marks the transitional period between the Model 02 and the 603/604.

To say, with all of those things going on, that Colt couldn't have made a Model 02 with factory burst, is just wrong.

Now, whether they actually did or not, is a different matter.

I, however, am leaning toward it being original.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting to say the least. Very very interesting!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Whos gonna clone it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow. The original binary trigger. Hahaha.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:56:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No selector stops?  Ever?
View Quote
Not compatible with 4 positions selector
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whos gonna clone it?
View Quote
You read my mind as soon as I first saw it. Somebody will get a 602 bug and will want to be different.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You read my mind as soon as I first saw it. Somebody will get a 602 bug and will want to be different.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm working on it.

I may be able to swing access to the original again. So, until then... just grin and smile.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The burst fire kit patent was filed in 64, at the tail end of Model 02 production. Most of the tool room prototype guns Colt built for the CAR-15 family (605, 606, 607, etc.) were built on Model 02 receivers, like the 16 in mid-length carbine for example, and most of them had burst kits installed. More importantly, the rifle in question uses the term "2 shot" which is the same nomenclature that appears on said prototypes. 2 shot was the earliest version of the burst kit and seemes to have been favored by Colt at the time, even though they also produced a 3 shot cam to go with the kit. All of this stuff was in development and was featured in marketing brochures in late '64 and early '65. 1964 also marks the transitional period between the Model 02 and the 603/604.

To say, with all of those things going on, that Colt couldn't have made a Model 02 with factory burst, is just wrong.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And 4 guns later there was a belt fed carbine. The only logical next step
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, no selector stops, 2 shot, and only a few numbers away.

I really want a replica of that little belt fed, it's so ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep, no selector stops, 2 shot, and only a few numbers away.

I really want a replica of that little belt fed, it's so ridiculous.
View Quote
You and me both man. I fell in love with it at first sight. I WILL build it!  I have researched the design a little but not to seriously. I am collecting info as I can. 
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top