Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2017 11:29:23 AM EDT
My Brownell's barrel came with an A2 front sight post.  I would like to replace it with an A1.  Brownell's is out of stock.

Does anyone know where I can buy an A1 front sight post?

Also, do I need the spring and detent or will the A2 ones work and I just swap out the actual post?

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory.

The front sight post spring & detent should be interchangeable.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe a WTB ad in the EE
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Specialized Armament has some. > Link.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I checked with Fulton Armory - they have one for $7.95 + $10 shipping.  Seems a bit steep to me.  Specialized Armament wants $20 but they have a $50 minimum order.

I posted a WTB in EE - thanks for the suggestion.  

Steve
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Specialized Armament isn't cheap for sure, but there is no question as to what you are getting when you order from them = (brand new and Colt).

They also have some other hard to find A1 parts, so it isn't hard to get past that $50.00 minimum order.

I just ordered about $300.00 worth of parts from them for my upcoming A1 project.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
AR15 Sport shows the A1 post for $6.95 and I have found they will ship stuff at lowest possible price. I ordered almost $100 worth of parts and they shipped for $7.15
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe a WTB ad in the EE
View Quote
Oh, brother.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, brother.
View Quote
Dude you have NO idea the troubles these things have caused around here.

The Mods are Gods and let a LOT of stuff slide but these types of posts are actually bad juju.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dude you have NO idea the troubles these things have caused around here.

The Mods are Gods and let a LOT of stuff slide but these types of posts are actually bad juju.
View Quote
The guy isn't eliciting a purchase from another forum member. He has already tried Brownells, but what he is seeking isn't in stock. The part he's looking for isn't as common as others. The dude just wants someone to point him in the right direction. Reading comprehension in paramount.  And no, the MODS are not Gods, but I imagine their mastery of the written word if better than most.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top