Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2017 7:54:57 PM EDT
Anyone know if there were any Colt Scopes originally made in the USA?  All I see is Made In Japan.  If some were made in the USA, about what years were they produced and what to they normally sell for now?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know if there were any Colt Scopes originally made in the USA?  All I see is Made In Japan.  If some were made in the USA, about what years were they produced and what to they normally sell for now?

Thanks
View Quote

Yes, First ones that were made by Realist were USA made.
Here is a link to some history of Colt scopes.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/496313_.html&page=1

Price, I guess is very subjective.
I feel lucky to have acquired a nice USA made example last year for $500
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Great Information!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also go to retroblackrifles.com and click on "accessories" then "scopes" . The US made scope were indeed made by Realist, they are engraved on top/front  

Colt
Made In USA

There are no stickers or white painted anything on them like the made in Japan, or Chinese ones.

Not sure of years made exactly, but my example shown on RBR is NOS in box, never mounted and was purchased at the same time as my NOS in box SP1 in Nov 1964 by the original owner.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again for your help.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know the weight of the scope and mount?  My Google fu seems to be a little rusty.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can also go to retroblackrifles.com and click on "accessories" then "scopes" . The US made scope were indeed made by Realist, they are engraved on top/front  

Colt
Made In USA

There are no stickers or white painted anything on them like the made in Japan, or Chinese ones.

Not sure of years made exactly, but my example shown on RBR is NOS in box, never mounted and was purchased at the same time as my NOS in box SP1 in Nov 1964 by the original owner.
View Quote
Did your NOS scope have any type of lens covers?  Are all the Colt/USA scopes 3x20?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top