Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2017 6:36:08 PM EDT
I saw the retro eBay haul thread (took me a while to regain consciousness after seeing that haul), and it was mentioned about a dimpled rear sight screw. So what pins/screws/parts were dimpled for an XM16E1, circa November 1965? I believe the following list is correct, but please add on if I missed a few:

- Pivot Pin
- Hammer Pin
- Trigger Pin
- Safety Selector
- Mag Catch
- Takedown Pin

I plan to send those parts to JT, plus I will purchase one of his faux transitional bolt catches, along with one of his "reworked" modern Edgewater buffers. I have the barrel he just did for me in my possession now. Additionally, I have an early square forge 603 upper requiring the magic of HKILLER. Once all these things get completed (and I finally get done with my Braceman 80% partial fence lower), my rifle should knock your socks off.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw the retro eBay haul thread (took me a while to regain consciousness after seeing that haul), and it was mentioned about a dimpled rear sight screw. So what pins/screws/parts were dimpled for an XM16E1, circa November 1965? I believe the following list is correct, but please add on if I missed a few:

- Pivot Pin
- Hammer Pin  NO
- Trigger Pin   NO
- Safety Selector
- Mag Catch
- Takedown Pin

I plan to send those parts to JT, plus I will purchase one of his faux transitional bolt catches, along with one of his "reworked" modern Edgewater buffers. I have the barrel he just did for me in my possession now. Additionally, I have an early square forge 603 upper requiring the magic of HKILLER. Once all these things get completed (and I finally get done with my Braceman 80% partial fence lower), my rifle should knock your socks off.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/586658_Battlefield_pick_up_retro_AR_build_pics.html&page=2
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Echo is correct. There has never been any evidence of dimpled trigger and hammer pins on anything but prototype rifles.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like I have a revised plan that will be kosher and copacetic. Thanks kindly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Mag catch by that time IMHO, probably not.

The other parts may or may not have, or may have been any combination.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top