Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2017 6:42:02 PM EDT
When you spot an A1 port door by just the detent  housing on the back.

I called and confirmed that they are A1 , the wear house people checked and said they have the small rectangle pad on the port door. 19.95 each , I just ordered 2.

Apex gun parts M16 ejector door assembly
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep nice find.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered 5. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered three of them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have the retro disease yet, but I think I'm feeling the early symptoms...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, those didn't last long.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I got right on there and ordered some, thanks for the heads up OP!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, those didn't last long.
View Quote

I just looked and they seem to be in stock still
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you sure these are m16a1 doors?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Out of stock

I need one, could use two....PM me if you could help me out : )
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are you sure these are m16a1 doors?
View Quote

That's what I was told at 2 this afternoon when I called . They had someone check for me. If the photo is right it should be an A1 port door the detent housing on a2 port doors is different.

Here are some pics i stole off google

First is m16a1 detent housing ( is not as long as an a2 and less rounded.

Attachment Attached File

Second is an a2 port door detent housing
Attachment Attached File

If you look close you can see the difference, although from what I've read some early port door had a housing much like a modern one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the tip, I really needed one of those.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Out of stock

I need one, could use two....PM me if you could help me out : )
View Quote

I purchased all the ones I needed now plus some more for upcoming future projects but I do know from Apex there is one member on here that purchased about 15 of them so before too long he will have them listed on GunBroker selling for about five times as much money.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I purchased all the ones I needed now plus some more for upcoming future projects.  I do know from Apex there is one member on here that purchased about 15 of them so before too long they will be listed on GunBroker selling for about five times as much money.
View Quote

Got happy until I logged in and they're now out of stock...  Whoever bought all of these A1 ejection port covers and put them on Gun Brokers, I'm happy for you and hope that you make out, BUT!! its still a dick-headish move.  IMHO.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Got happy until I logged in and they're now out of stock...  Whoever bought all of these A1 ejection port covers and put them on Gun Brokers, I'm happy for you and hope that you make out, BUT!! its still a dick-headish move.  IMHO.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I purchased all the ones I needed now plus some more for upcoming future projects.  I do know from Apex there is one member on here that purchased about 15 of them so before too long they will be listed on GunBroker selling for about five times as much money.

He does it every time something like this comes up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He does it every time something like this comes up.
View Quote

He also constantly prowels the EE, just to turn around and post the items on Gun Broker.  I have seen several deals on the EE where I knew that I could turn a profit, but left them alone for the "hive".  My personal (and it is just that) goal is that I ONLY buy things on the EE that I will use in one of my builds.  Now when I go to gun shows, that is a different story, lol.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Is that ivandrago?  What is his screen name here?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Still shows in stock
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Still shows in stock
View Quote

Try and add it to your cart..
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Can you guys please name names.

If someone is really doing that it is a detriment to people who actually want to build clones.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doh!

Good thing I ordered 2 of them last night  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still shows in stock

Yes it shows a available but when you add to cart it comes up out of stock.  
But hey! Thanks to the OP for the heads up anyway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow those went quick , I considered buying all of them and reselling what I didn't need , but figured the guys here might appreciate a deal . Sucks everyone that needed one didn't get one. I guess that's why heads up are great and the kinda stink at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#23]
It's nice Apex already shipped them.

I suspect the member that bought the rest of them will have them listed by the end of next week on GB with the extremely inflated price.  He usually lists the items one at time to keep the demand and price high and not appear as a "real" dealer.  So if you need more then one just wait till the next day and he will probably list another.  There is three different members (or should I say trolls) on here that scan the forum for "heads ups", the EE, and also eBay all day long looking for people listing items cheap and then jump on them before most other people even get to see they were posted.  Then they list them for a premium on GB or even sometimes eBay depending on the item.  Most people know who they are.  It's nice to be able to help other members on here (since that is what the forum is really for) but unfortunately everything that gets posted here is also public so "heads ups" and EE posts end up being sucked up by little troll home "want to be" dealers a lot times.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Whoa, I was sorry I missed them, but then it occurred to me that I didn't need any.  I just wanted a couple...well, because...  So, it's good, bc I still have the cash in my pocket.  Buuut, I'm disappointed, so... Maybe I need to take something...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]
that's what is wrong with some people, just fucking greedy,  I just say it like it is,  I am not sorry...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I recently bought an upper and am needing a port door so if anyone has an extra please let me know! (Also need pin clip and spring) but I can get those anywhere. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I suspect the member that bought the rest of them will have them listed by the end of next week on GB with the extremely inflated price.  He usually lists the items one at time to keep the demand and price high and not appear as a "real" dealer.  So if you need more then one just wait till the next day and he will probably list another.  There is three different members (or should I say trolls) on here that scan the forum for "heads ups", the EE, and also eBay all day long looking for people listing items cheap and then jump on them before most other people even get to see they were posted.  Then they list them for a premium on GB or even sometimes eBay depending on the item.  Most people know who they are.  It's nice to be able to help other members on here (since that is what the forum is really for) but unfortunately everything that gets posted here is also public so "heads ups" and EE posts end up being sucked up by little troll home "want to be" dealers a lot times.
View Quote

Mine shipped out today as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe an emailing list is needed for these "heads up" sales and make sure that the scalpers are NOT on the list...as long as someone knows the scalpers are here on the board...

ARKAR
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my port doors a few minutes ago. Two were A1 port doors and one was an A2 port door. Someone goofed. Oh well. I can always use the A2 port door.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe an emailing list is needed for these "heads up" sales and make sure that the scalpers are NOT on the list...as long as someone knows the scalpers are here on the board...

ARKAR
View Quote

That's a good idea so we can keep the parts finds and deals for the people who are going to use them and not just go to the people that are going to try and mark them up and resell them to us.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got my port doors a few minutes ago. Two were A1 port doors and one was an A2 port door. Someone goofed. Oh well. I can always use the A2 port door.
View Quote

That's a bummer.  I kinda feared they might just be selling a mixed lot of them.  Especially since they didn't really put any effort into making it clear that they were the A1 style.  Now since they are most likely from demilled rifles, and most demills are A1s since there are not too many A2 demills out there yet, I would still think most of these ejection port doors would be the A1 style anyhow.  I made it very clear to them not to send me anything that wasn't a small rectangular pad A1 style but we will see.  Mine came in today too but I'm out town until tomorrow so I guess we will see when I open the package.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's a bummer.  I kinda feared they might just be selling a mixed lot of them.  Especially since they didn't really put any effort into making it clear that they were the A1 style.  Now since they are most likely from demilled rifles, and most demills are A1s since there are not too many A2 demills out there yet, I would still think most of these ejection port doors would be the A1 style anyhow.  I made it very clear to them not to send me anything that wasn't a small rectangular pad A1 style but we will see.  Mine came in today too but I'm out town until tomorrow so I guess we will see when I open the package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got mine as well , ordered 2 and  received two a1 poor doors
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to hear
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am happy for you members who got what you needed.  I would have ordered one but didn't see this till later.  I have a black one that I just have to get blasted and parked gray.  I have seen a couple of these scalpers on our EE and actually thought I was just paranoid.  Now I know it is true.  I missed out on A1 and A2 uppers to these trolls who buy every good deal we see.  I only buy what I will use from the EE.  I say anyone who regularly jumps on the EE to buy up good deals to turn a profit is a POS and next time I see them I will name them.   I cannot remember who they were since I havent seen it in 6 months or more.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Received mine today, got 2 a1 doors they look great
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Ordered the day this thread started and got an A2. Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I see that Apex listed that they have one more available but I would buy at your own risk or call them first because some people received some A2 ejection ports doors instead of the A1 style as pictured.  I received the A1 doors I ordered from them but I did hear that some A2 doors were returned so that may be all they have left now.  And just as I said previously they are turning up on GunBroker one at a time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#38]
sucks i missed this thread weeks ago....

I am need of one of these to finish up my M16A1 retro. well....I need one of these AND an A1 upper but I have everything else.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
sucks i missed this thread weeks ago....

I am need of one of these to finish up my M16A1 retro. well....I need one of these AND an A1 upper but I have everything else.
View Quote
You might get lucky, I found my retro upper on a local forum for a good price. It's a slickside upper, with a non-correct barrel (skinny up front but .750 gas block), A1 handguards in good shape, 3 prong, semiauto BCG with FA, etc. Not exactly correct for anything, but decidedly retro.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow It's amazing how many A1 ejection port doors have been on GunBroker lately, most of which have been listed by the same person in FL.  Though there is also another member of the forum and from MI selling some on GB as well.  Hmmm I wonder were they got all of them A1 ejection port doors at all of a sudden lol.  So far the one seller has sold nine on there for $69-$79 and he has another one listed right now for $89, I guess since he is getting near the end of his Apex inventory.  Just like I originally stated, they would be listing them one at a time on GunBroker.  That one seller has already made over $400 profit from reading this forum post and still has more left to sell.  I got all the ones from Apex I needed plus some extra for future builds, but still we have to come up with a better solution for those "heads up" posts and keep the vultures away folks......
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#41]
It's unfortunate that there are profiteers and horders, but there are also some of us that are interested, but don't live on the forums or in the equipment exchange.  For those of us that aren't in the in crowd, we don't necessarily get word of the deals or resources that the good ol boy club gets.  An email list cuts anyone just getting started out of the loop too.  FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#42]
This pisses me off.  I have no beef with this member but seeing him sell doors for $41 and seeing he has several.  Looks bad to me.  So I also said I would call them out so....dogfacesoldier are you buying up good buys posted here and turning profits?

I don't know who metaldefence is but he is selling them for $69.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#43]
I did not buy ANY from APEX, as I did not need any.  That being said, I have been sitting on a small stash for a few years, and I hope that I don't get accused of being a flipper when I get around to selling them.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top