User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome job. Great flight!

One of those would look cool next to my law tube.

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#2]
You are going to burn youself.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are going to burn youself.
View Quote
You mean?

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
cool video.  Was looking at this one on YouTube.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
cool video.  Was looking at this one on YouTube.
View Quote
And that shows why it's not really a rocket lol, but a caseless/chamberless cannon lol
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Launched it with a video recorder in the nose cone today.
Not a very impressive video, but you can get a kick out of the cattle mooing at the end.

M72 LAW ( Light Anti-Tank Weapon) Model Rocket On Board Video
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not for nothing but for some reason I was browsing a lot on the rocketry forum and there have been a fair amount of  catastrophic explosions with the refillable motors.  There is the same risk with the cardboard and plaster motors but when they explode they don't have the metal shell for
Containment.
View Quote
I was going to mention this if someone else did not.

Solid rocket motors that are dropped can sometimes end up with a crack or cracks in the propellant. That crack exposes much more of the propellent and increases the burn rate.  That causes excessive pressure that will rupture the case and in essence it becomes a giant firecracker.

I've had C and D motors explode on the pad, and I would not want one exploding in a launch tube beside my head, et alone an E motor.

----

Another issue would be finding a rocket that burned quick enough to finish before it left the tube on a model LAW.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Does anyone know of a firearm spring .etc that is like the AR15 hammer spring but thinner and as strong? I need them to deploy the fins and the AR hammer spring is likely too powerful and bulky. The AR trigger spring would be more ideal but it doesn't have enough range.
View Quote

It doesn't have to pop the fins all the way open, or hold them open, it just has to lift them off the body so that the pressure of the air passing over them will pull them back the rest of the way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It doesn't have to pop the fins all the way open, or hold them open, it just has to lift them off the body so that the pressure of the air passing over them will pull them back the rest of the way.
View Quote
That's how it's currently designed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Is there an Ebay link for these things yet?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was going to mention this if someone else did not.

Solid rocket motors that are dropped can sometimes end up with a crack or cracks in the propellant. That crack exposes much more of the propellent and increases the burn rate.  That causes excessive pressure that will rupture the case and in essence it becomes a giant firecracker.

I've had C and D motors explode on the pad, and I would not want one exploding in a launch tube beside my head, et alone an E motor.

----

Another issue would be finding a rocket that burned quick enough to finish before it left the tube on a model LAW.
View Quote
I MAY know someone, who as a mischivious kid, used to hit estes rocket motors with a hammer to break the solid propellant, then fuse light them like giant m-80's.  They worked great, or so I MIGHT have been told.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there an Ebay link for these things yet?
View Quote
Ha Ha, not yet . I'm replacing the extruder on my 3D printer right now, be a few more days before I make any more progress.

My new extruder and hotend will be configured very similar to this one.

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af342/cruciantime/surplus%20gear/IMG_0019_zpsqexfozrn.jpg
View Quote
Sure wish I had the front endcap and sling assembly with mine
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#14]
With the rocket motor, I'd definitely want protection

The Panzerschrek had a blast shield

Originally the operator wore a gas mask without the filter when firing to protect the face.

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af342/cruciantime/surplus%20gear/IMG_0019_zpsqexfozrn.jpg
Make and save an Ebay search and one will pop up. I have gotten a good deal of my collection off Ebay. There is, I think one place that sells repros, but a real one will pop up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been using a new filament for the 3d printer (PETG) and it is so much better and super strong. I'm getting lots of retro ideas in my head lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Did I miss it or can you post up to thingiverse?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did I miss it or can you post up to thingiverse?
View Quote
Probably will only share my files on an individual basis. Do you have a 3D printer?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Probably will only share my files on an individual basis. Do you have a 3D printer?
View Quote
Yup. I'm a cartridge collector so I think this would be neat to have in the display.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top