Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 9:30:42 PM EDT
LGS has a colt 9mm upper A1 or what I would guess to be a colt.  Has a C under the wheel.  Its for a 9mm upper But I dont want a 9mm upper. Its in a junk pile.  Is it worth trying to salvage for something like a 22 cal upper ? This one does not have a gas tube hole
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What shape is it in?   Make a DOE upper...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks to be in really good shape. very little wear.  Shell deflector fell off . Are the sights the same as a 556.  Im under the impression this would be very cheap
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shell deflector fell off
View Quote

The rubber piece?  

Also, cheap is good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya I really really dont want to mess with a 9mm carbine.  Could I just barrel it and drop a CMMG bolt kit in it or somethingsimilar?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure... If you have .22 can, do a 4.5in .22 barrel with a bolt.   Get a Better-Mag adapter and some S&W 15-22 mags.   Fun stuff.

Or snag it, and throw it up on EE.   I and other folks here would put it to use!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't do that.

There are lots of people looking for them. I was lucky enough to come upon ten of them brand new in the Colt bulk box and bought all of them.

I sold them on the EE for $175 each shipped. I wanted to keep two but allowed myself to be talked out of the one so I only kept one and wish I had both still.

So buy it and pass along to somebody looking for one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking of picking up and putting on EE if it was worth it. Im not apprasing my own item so I will ask whats a deal to get this at 50-75?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd differently pick it up for that money. If it's an early grey receiver, I'd jerk his arm off and run.
Depends on condition and age. Somewhere between $150-$200.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:04:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Like I said, I got $175 for stripped new black Colt uppers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't do that.

There are lots of people looking for them. I was lucky enough to come upon ten of them brand new in the Colt bulk box and bought all of them.

I sold them on the EE for $175 each shipped. I wanted to keep two but allowed myself to be talked out of the one so I only kept one and wish I had both still.

So buy it and pass along to somebody looking for one.
View Quote

This.  Use the profit to make the item you really want.  For a .22 upper you can use one of those slightly cracked A1 uppers that are on the market for $50 and under.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top