Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2017 2:01:43 PM EDT
I realize this is a minor part but i can't find one. I swapped my A2 stock on my franken build for an A1 I have and the screw that comes with the A2 doesn't work for the A1 style stock and I didn't have a screw come with the A1 stock (too long).

I looked and ebay is asking like 8 dollars for a little screw!

Does anyone know where to pick this up that's asking a reasonable price?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually get my small parts from Windham Weaponry or Rock River Arms.  But shipping on a small single item will likely be stupid.

You can cut your A2 screw down.  I have done that.  Everything is the same but the length.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time I needed one, I went to the local True Value HW store and it took about 5 minutes to find one, of course I might have been lucky all of the guys and gals that work in the screw dept are gun owners and knew exactly what I was talking about so I was able to pick up 6 of them for less than a dollar.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I took a cutoff wheel to an A2 screw; it works just fine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time I needed one, I went to the local True Value HW store and it took about 5 minutes to find one, of course I might have been lucky all of the guys and gals that work in the screw dept are gun owners and knew exactly what I was talking about so I was able to pick up 6 of them for less than a dollar.
View Quote

The trouble with the hardware store screws is they are not hollow.  The A2/A1 screws are hollow and allow for water to drain out of the receiver extension through them should the gun become submerged.  Not a big deal though if you don't plan on going swimming with your gun though.

Worst case OP, like was already stated here, cut down an A2 screw to the right length if you can't find one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The trouble with the hardware store screws is they are not hollow.  The A2/A1 screws are hollow and allow for water to drain out of the receiver extension through them should the gun become submerged.  Not a big deal though if you don't plan on going swimming with your gun though.

Worst case OP, like was already stated here, cut down an A2 screw to the right length if you can't find one.
View Quote

There is a reason I live in Montana in the Mountains! and served in theaters that were dry!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask in the EE WTB. That is the place for this . That is the place to find parts here.. Somone reading this right now probably has one and cant tell you about it because it weas be agaist COC..
I can not offer you one here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoot me an email with your address, I have a few spares.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ask in the EE WTB. That is the place for this . That is the place to find parts here.. Somone reading this right now probably has one and cant tell you about it because it weas be agaist COC..
I can not offer you one here.
View Quote

He^^^^^^^ can't offer here, but I can tell you HE does have them...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I took a cutoff wheel to an A2 screw; it works just fine.
View Quote

That method has worked for me twice.  Be sure to cut it off short enough that none of it sticks out of the inside of the buffer tube, but not too short.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) another alternative.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, if you still need one, PM me your address and I'll send you one gratis.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top