User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2017 11:19:25 AM EDT
I won an ebay auction the other night.

Anything good in this pile of stuff...

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope... scrap only.... I'll give you what u paid for it.

ETA , be interesting to see what the sight wheels are, I see two.... along with 2 charging handles... looks like a honey pot
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I won an ebay auction the other night. Auction title was "Various Cleaning Rods, Springs, and Screws etc".

Anything good in this pile of stuff...

http://i.imgur.com/Gj84VHr.jpg
View Quote

GREAT SCORE.  That is the FUN of the game.  If you don't mind me asking, what did the lot sell for?  Are those SP1 steel cleaning rods, or Colt 601 aluminum cleaning rods?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not up on the cleaning rods. I know they are either 601 or SP1.

These are the rest of the pictures from the auction.

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
This is one sweet score!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, it looks like you've got the better part of an LPK in there!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I spy an auto sear
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I spy an auto sear
View Quote

BULLSHIT...
I was nowhere near there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, what did the lot sell for?
View Quote

You can search the completed auctions. It will make you sick when you see it.  Nice score.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You can search the completed auctions. It will make you sick when you see it.  Nice score.
View Quote

Yeah I didn't want to brag about it. Definitely my best eBay score. $30 after shipping.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah I didn't want to brag about it. Definitely my best eBay score. $30 after shipping.
View Quote

Oh, Man! Curious, what was the acution labeled?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

M1carbibekid - I have a word of advice to you and anyone else reading this; when you get a good deal on the internet, please don't post about it until AFTER it is in your hands.  Your pile of parts is worth OVER $500, and somebody who is unscrupulous could contact a not so honest seller & offer him $200 to sell the parts to them instead of you.  Even if the seller is not unscrupulous, an offer like that could spook the seller into not completing your deal.  I had it happen to me once on eBay - the seller claimed that he "misplaced" my parts & refunded my money.  I later found that he had sold them to someone who offered twice what my winning bid had been. How do I know, you might ask?  The other guy bragged about it on an internet forum!!  I am currently waiting on a great score myself, but will not talk about it until it is in my hands. Just my free advice for the day.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I need a windage knob and non-triangular A1 charging handle, how much are they going for?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

M1carbibekid - I have a word of advice to you and anyone else reading this; when you get a good deal on the internet, please don't post about it until AFTER it is in your hands.  Your pile of parts is worth OVER $500, and somebody who is unscrupulous could contact a not so honest seller & offer him $200 to sell the parts to them instead of you.  Even if the seller is not unscrupulous, an offer like that could spook the seller into not completing your deal.  I had it happen to me once on eBay - the seller claimed that he "misplaced" my parts & refunded my money.  I later found that he had sold them to someone who offered twice what my winning bid had been. How do I know, you might ask?  The other guy bragged about it on an internet forum!!  I am currently waiting on a great score myself, but will not talk about it until it is in my hands. Just my free advice for the day.
View Quote

Wow, that is a dirt bag move!! I never even would have thought of that. Some people...let's hope no or here is that big of an a**hole. Now I'm going to be paranoid until it shows up. Good advice
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow, that is a dirt bag move!! I never even would have thought of that. Some people...let's hope no or here is that big of an a**hole. Now I'm going to be paranoid until it shows up. Good advice
View Quote
uh, can i have the seller's info?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#15]
That's a heck of a deal! I can't help but keep noticing the part I mean parts you got
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#16]
The hardest parts to find is the early cleaning kit. Since you have two
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Happened to me on the EE here.... on a 601 upper.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, I would not do that to anyone. Just curious how the auction was described, like "Old Gun Parts" or "Grab bag". Once you get the parts in hand, let us know the story.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome.After that score you might want to buy a Powerball ticket I sure could use a bolt catch after you get all that sorted out. again congrats!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, I would not do that to anyone. Just curious how the auction was described, like "Old Gun Parts" or "Grab bag". Once you get the parts in hand, let us know the story.
View Quote

There was no description and it was not in a gun related category.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#21]
crying
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:39:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There was no description and it was not in a gun related category.
View Quote

I'd say you "earned" it then, due to your obviously high level of persistence and skillful searching.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top