Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2017 4:37:18 PM EDT
Had to give a shout out to our very own John Thomas. I sent him this barrel, to weld and redrill the sight base pin area (seems like end of last week) (he couldnt have even had it a day, and it is already back) AMAZING!!!! And, before anybody asks,,,,YES it is a class 3
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rifle! Can't even tell FSB has been welded . Hidden auto sear pin for Class 3 or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet! John does nice work. Beautiful 607, bud! Good job putting that together - perfect.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!!!! Now shoot the crap out of it
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...Hidden auto sear pin for Class 3 or am I missing something?
View Quote

SBR = "Class 3" (NFA Weapon)
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

SBR = "Class 3" (NFA Weapon)
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification. Thought Class II was SBR. Learn something new here daily.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice looking rifle! Can't even tell FSB has been welded . Hidden auto sear pin for Class 3 or am I missing something?
View Quote
Guess i should have clarified; The channels where the taper pins belong, were "F,d" up. John welded them up, and then redrilled and tapered (GOOD as NEW)
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Where did you get the shiney triangular handguards from?

Charles Tatum
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:54:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Really nice man
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guess i should have clarified; The channels where the taper pins belong, were "F,d" up. John welded them up, and then redrilled and tapered (GOOD as NEW)
View Quote

Who made/sold the effed-up barrel? Did you buy it brand new with a canted front sight or something along those lines?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where did you get the shiney triangular handguards from?

Charles Tatum
View Quote
The handguards were quite ugly when i got them approx 10 yrs ago. I simply buffed them with polishing compound to clean em up a bit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Who made/sold the effed-up barrel? Did you buy it brand new with a canted front sight or something along those lines?
View Quote
I cant remember where the barell came from; but, yes the sight base was canted severly (i tried to correct it myself and ended up with it being loose) John did a fantastic job on it
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#12]
That's an awesome looking 607, great job!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Very nice!  I'm a fan of the early slick side three pronged version.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Is anyone cutting down handguards like that?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I need one of those
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#16]
that is one clean looking machine, congrats!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is anyone cutting down handguards like that?
View Quote

Miter box and a hack saw. It really is that easy.

OP what is "ish" about this? It looks dead nuts on to me!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Very nice.  My favorite AR.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Miter box and a hack saw. It really is that easy.

OP what is "ish" about this? It looks dead nuts on to me!
View Quote
I must confess CAL30,,,,,,,,,,,,My stock is an AIRSOFT! It actually works quite well. Ive shot probably 500rds through it, and it is still holding up. Took some modifications to make it fit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I love it!  Trying to build one myself.  Stock is being built, barrel is here ready to go to JT and somewhere around here I have the receivers. Standing by for a handguard rear cap from heatnbeat. Just need that stamp back now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:33:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice ! Glad to see you finally made one. 
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I must confess CAL30,,,,,,,,,,,,My stock is an AIRSOFT! It actually works quite well. Ive shot probably 500rds through it, and it is still holding up. Took some modifications to make it fit.
View Quote

As the owner of a G&P 607, I can assure you that their stocks can take quite a bit of abuse!
What did you have to modify to make yours fit?

I was/am debating making a non-SBR 607-ish thing, but not sure how I'd get the lower tweaked. Plus I have at least one other AR project to finish and then that M231 stock I got from the Secret Santa that needs to be made into something.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aint it cheaper to cut originals down?

I couldn't find just the handguards loose. You have to buy an entire airsoft rifle to get them?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Aint it cheaper to cut originals down?

I couldn't find just the handguards loose. You have to buy an entire airsoft rifle to get them?
View Quote
I,m talking about the buttstock being Airsoft. Yes, i cut down original handguards.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I,m talking about the buttstock being Airsoft. Yes, i cut down original handguards.
View Quote

OOOOh. I am blind AND dumb! I thought that pin hole on the swivel looked "off".

Looks real good though!

I'm blessed with a Stoner "original" made from an original stock with mottling! I still have to get it installed on the lower.

My 10.5" barrel is off to the Rabbi for a quick circumcision. Maybe that'll motivate me to get the stock installed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

OOOOh. I am blind AND dumb! I thought that pin hole on the swivel looked "off".

Looks real good though!

I'm blessed with a Stoner "original" made from an original stock with mottling! I still have to get it installed on the lower.

My 10.5" barrel is off to the Rabbi for a quick circumcision. Maybe that'll motivate me to get the stock installed.
View Quote
Cant wait for the pics!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cant wait for the pics!
View Quote

You betcha!

Your pics got me ready to get mine "done".

With the new admin in DC I'll probably wait until I retire (less than 3 years) to do the SBR now.

The 80% lower is one with the rear lug pocket so I can have it "together" and fondly fondle it without breaking any stoopit laws. I have a few pistol lowers I can put it on to actually shoot it.

Got to do a trust for retirement purposes anyway so I will HAVE to get it set up sooner rather than later.

I'm going with the 3 prong just like you. I like the look MUCH better than the short moderator.

I can't wait to throw fireballs with it!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks great!
Good to hear that the stock is holding up. Probably means the one on my dedicated 22lr isn't going to give up any time soon.

What did you use to coat the butt plate? I've thought about spraying mine with Norrell's, but, I'm worried about putting the mystery metal plate and lever in the oven.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks great!
Good to hear that the stock is holding up. Probably means the one on my dedicated 22lr isn't going to give up any time soon.

What did you use to coat the butt plate? I've thought about spraying mine with Norrell's, but, I'm worried about putting the mystery metal plate and lever in the oven.
View Quote
Kevin, i looked up the melting properties of all similiar metals. Baking Norells doesnt even come close to melting point. I always bake my Norrells at 350 for one hr (Yeah, i know, Norells recommends 300, but,,I like the greenish tint i get by doing 350). What i,m saying is, I baked all of the stocks metal parts with no problem.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#31]
You have inspired me gordog. I have ordered one of these stocks, can't wait to get it! So what shall I expect as far as modifications go (concerning the G&P buttstock)?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I have one of those airsoft stocks. Looking for inspiration on how to attach it to lower.
Do you have any close up shots. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have one of those airsoft stocks. Looking for inspiration on how to attach it to lower.
Do you have any close up shots. Thanks
View Quote
Sorry i didnt take any pics of the process. And it was done quite some time ago. I would actually have to have another stock and start all over to figure out what the heck i did. Hopefully  k-wad (kevin) will come along and shed some light. He is the mastermind behind doing these stocks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#34]
It looks awesome.

Taking pics of it  on the ERDL camo was a nice touch too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:35:53 AM EDT
[#35]
That's a beauty !
Who makes the rear forearm triangular metal delta ring holder ?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's a beauty !
Who makes the rear forearm triangular metal delta ring holder ?
View Quote
Sorry alex, I got that holder a long time ago from the "pay it forward". I think Braceman might have some?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Partial fence and the chrome Bolt Carrier does the job, I like
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Had to give a shout out to our very own John Thomas. I sent him this barrel, to weld and redrill the sight base pin area (seems like end of last week) (he couldnt have even had it a day, and it is already back) AMAZING!!!! And, before anybody asks,,,,YES it is a class 3
View Quote

Wow. Just Wow!

Glad to see the pictures.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top