Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 7:18:03 PM EDT
IN STOCK AND COMPLETE FOR $20

not sure if they are GI but still for the price.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/m16a1rearsightsetcomplete.aspx
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder who made them?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought one. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#4]
These typically really hard to find?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
With 16 review ratings and a 3 star average I would guess they are probably aftermarket (old DPMS stock?).  Or perhaps the lower review is because they are used and don't mention it.  Either way it is a good deal considering they can't be found anywhere I just wish they didn't come at a time I was so broke.  I could definitely use a few of these, if they are there in a few days I will have to order a couple of them.  There should be some reviews by then letting us know if they are USGI or DPMS ones.  

Honestly, I don't care much either way since I like to replace the A1 sight with the A2 aperture anyways.  The DPMS ones have always worked fine for me, just add a cheap A2 aperture.  Any coupon codes for Sarco?  Shipping looks reasonable - $6 for 2 and it goes up to $8 for 3.  I hate when a company charges $15 to ship something small.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Well that just solidified the sarco order I was contemplating...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Missed the bus, they are all gone.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I missed it. 

If anyone ordered an extra and doesn't need it let me know.

thanks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I missed it. 

thanks.
View Quote

I did not order any, but I will try to help everybody out.  I have TEN EIGHT SIX FIVE sets of REAL USGI sights that I will blow out for $25 each plus $6 s&h for one or $8 s&h for two sets (the same s&h charge as Sarco).  Limit two sets per person so I can spread these around a little. Just IM me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I did not order any, but I will try to help everybody out.  I have EIGHT sets of REAL USGI sights that I will blow out for $25 each plus $6 s&h for one or $8 s&h for two sets (the same s&h charge as Sarco).  Limit two sets per person so I can spread these around a little. Just IM me.
View Quote

Wished I had seen this 5 minutes ago. Can I add enough money and get a second set?  

Squared away, thanks so much!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I missed it. 

thanks.
View Quote

Call Slim at Indiana Army Surplus (812-275-2801). He did have some original A1 sight sets for $15.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol at Sarco.

New? Used? Aftermarket? GI?  Just get on your phone and call Machine Gun Dave if you want any details!

I gave up jumping through Sarco's hoops a looong time ago.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol at Sarco.

New? Used? Aftermarket? GI?  Just get on your phone and call Machine Gun Dave if you want any details!

I gave up jumping through Sarco's hoops a looong time ago.
View Quote

SARCO pizzed me off YEARS ago! Back in the "sight unseen" days.

I bought a pig in a poke but I don't remember the details it was so long ago. Something M1 Carbine or Garand related I think.

All I know is the name SARCO STILL causes my butt to pucker up and it has to be a REALLY good deal for me to send them money.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally got it today.  All looks new except for the sight itself, looks to have been bead blasted, looks "sparkly".  The 2 hashmarks are on there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, looks like they're all gone now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I've bought 2 16" 1911 bbls from SARCO.  Only place I've ever seen 'em.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you post pictures of what you got?  Sometimes new parkerizing has a frosty look.  I will post pictures of what I get when they arrive.

Quoted:
Finally got it today.  All looks new except for the sight itself, looks to have been bead blasted, looks "sparkly".  The 2 hashmarks are on there.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Best I can do.  On threads also.  Probably somekinda coating that starts with a "P".  Rest of the parts are flat black cept for the piece under the sight, it's glossy.

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, noticed the glossy spring. Can you get a good shot of the wheel for us?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:08:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Sherluk shows them in stock for 40. Don't know of the quality though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Why is the hole off center?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I say it's the angle of the picture at which it was taken. Looks to be refinished GI rear app.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting.  I thought the same about the angle of the sight.  Went and looked at them, both on the "L" side are offset to the right.  Checked a couple SP1 uppers, same thing.

edit:  Well, found out the sight moves when flipped so therefore needs to be offset.

Anyways, here's the wheel.

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you zero on the long range aperture then flip to the short range it moves the sight laterally on the screw (assembly is threaded).  Of-setting the aperture compensates for that lateral movement.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you zero on the long range aperture then flip to the short range it moves the sight laterally on the screw (assembly is threaded).  Of-setting the aperture compensates for that lateral movement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Did not know that, I almost ordered a new rear sight because I thought it was off spec/mis drilled. Good to know, A1 sight trivia.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my set this week.  Looks good to me.  Very similar to what Mike got.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is the pair I got, one looks like it has some rust on the aperture but I am fine with that.  (I didn't notice it till I took the picture)

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#29]
What's the difference between DPMS and USGI ones?  I've had both, and never noticed a difference, although I wasn't looking.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What's the difference between DPMS and USGI ones?  I've had both, and never noticed a difference, although I wasn't looking.
View Quote

The DPMS sets do not have "L" marked apertures like the original USGI and some other replacement sets.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered mine on the 7th of Feb. Haven't received anything yet, checked and it said "Order is currently being processed".
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ordered mine on the 7th of Feb. Haven't received anything yet, checked and it said "Order is currently being processed".
View Quote

You definitely should contact them about the order.  I ordered some around the same time as you and received them a few days later.  Usually it will say "being processed" first then it will say "order in warehouse" right before they ship.  They may have had a quantity available issue.  Definitely keep a look out for them to just show up too because sometimes I actually receive items from them before they update them being shipped in their system.  And since you are on the other side of the country I'm sure it takes a couple more days.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Like he said. They're not the fastest shippers, but it's never been more than 2 weeks for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I did not order any, but I will try to help everybody out.  I have TEN EIGHT SIX FIVE sets of REAL USGI sights that I will blow out for $25 each plus $6 s&h for one or $8 s&h for two sets (the same s&h charge as Sarco).  Limit two sets per person so I can spread these around a little. Just IM me.
View Quote

I'M sent, only need 1.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had e mailed them asking what was going on, they said they were catching up on orders cause they were closed for a couple of days due to bad weather.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I might have missed this being mentioned, but Fulton Armory has A1 rear sight kit in stock. Called to verify before I ordered.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/rearsightcompletea1.aspx
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top