Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2017 12:59:25 PM EDT
Can some one share how to correctly identify a Many Circles Mag Button? I purchased one from a seller over a year ago that looks identical to this one here....

Attachment Attached File

Recently I seen this one advertised as a Many Circle for a 602 Colt. The seller claims to count the rings (5 rings) which is obviously different from the pictures above.

Attachment Attached File

So now I think that, possible the mag button I purchased, isn't a Many Circles. Which is corrected and how do you guys correctly identify them?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for answer. I'd like to know as well, I can't tell the difference between that and a modern one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
5 ribs above and below the hole, and on the sides will be 2 complete ribs then what would be a 3rd ring is cut by the flat sides.
The pic above with the blue background with "Colt" on it is a legit many circles mag button.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting Rob as the one in the top picture came from a trade with you as a many circles Colt mag assembly a few years back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
How about this one? Lord were obsessed lol.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about this one? Lord were obsessed lol.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/244743/20170111-154939-1-126460.JPG
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless I'm missing something, the only "many circles" button pictured so far has been the one on the blue background with "Colt" logo.

ETA: I was just wondering about this same topic awhile ago. Definitely one of the most esoteric of the retro parts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unless I'm missing something, the only "many circles" button pictured so far has been the one on the blue background with "Colt" logo.

ETA: I was just wondering about this same topic awhile ago. Definitely one of the most esoteric of the retro parts.
View Quote

one posted by BROvet04 is one for sure.  they're hard to tell and count but easy to tell when you have them next to a standard one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Never noticed this before.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File
    sorry typo
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#11]

I don't know what you mean by "selling", but that is not a many circles mag button
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is another classic example:

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:54:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Definitely noticing a difference between two styles of "many circles" buttons. One where the circles are angle cut, and on were the circles are more vertical.

The one in Vickers book doesn't look like the one above.

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Definitely noticing a difference between two styles of "many circles" buttons. One where the circles are angle cut, and on were the circles are more vertical.

The one in Vickers book doesn't look like the one above.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w611/barrtjb/EED1C65D-3DC3-4A04-93F4-35652E98B16C_zps3kf2y7ru.jpg
View Quote

My many circles posted above has shadows from poor lighting (I took the picture with a flashlight for illumination), so the angles of the cuts look a little different.  The important thing to look for is 5 (FIVE) circles, with two being unbroken.  The example in Vicker's book appears to be the ONLY SIX circle button that I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#15]
What's the verdict on these?  middle one is modern for sure/comparison.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/61597/many-circle-mag-button-127615.JPG
View Quote

The far right and far left are "many circles" in my book, even though the second ring is slightly pierced on them. They show the classic five ring design instead of the common four ring.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The far right and far left are "many circles" in my book, even though the second ring is slightly pierced on them. They show the classic five ring design instead of the common four ring.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. ^

It might sound silly, but I count them by every peak, and every valley (so to speak) and the many circles counts to nine if you start at the center and count to the top. It's the easiest way for me to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Possibly real, modern, reproduction.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Possibly real, modern, reproduction.
View Quote

Lol......I should have known you would show up.....lol.
I hope you are correct Dave. I bought the first, as an original, package deal that included an early or transitional bolt release. Can't remember which. Far right is a repop, by heatNbeat I believe. The middle one is off of one of the demilled lowers that I got from you.
Any new/old revealing "finds" lately?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol......I should have known you would show up.....lol.
I hope you are correct Dave. I bought the first, as an original, package deal that included an early or transitional bolt release. Can't remember which. Far right is a repop, by heatNbeat I believe. The middle one is off of one of the demilled lowers that I got from you.
Any new/old revealing "finds" lately?
View Quote
Ha... He has so many new finds, and unanswered questions, he could have his own forum... Im surprised he even pops in for fear of never ending question and answer sessions. 

All I know is if he ever writes a book, Ill be first in line to buy it. 
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty sure the right one is one of mine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pretty sure the right one is one of mine.
View Quote

Yes sir, I believe that it is. I can't remember who I got it from, but I recall them saying that it was one of yours.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Matt that 602 looks great!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks man... I got lucky, NIW 02 upper, and then an unfired VP 12 barrel from MinerJohn of the EE (A+ dude there)... I can't bring myself to fire it though. I want too something fierce though. Id like to find a trade for a used 02 upper someday, unless I can find a NOS type C and early no drains. But thats a long way down the list. 
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top