Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2017 10:40:24 AM EDT
I had a list of some vendors and a few of the members here that had some of the commercial made retro parts, But I misplaced it.
Yes, I spent time looking for them.
I am looking for new commercial made. They don't have to be exact, but close.
Most of the parts I can still find but the commercial A1 port doors & flat rings I am not finding again.
There are people looking for the real parts for their builds and I don't want to use them if some one else is needing them.
I put (build) retro clones together for fun and for my family to use and I don't like using the real retro parts on them.
Any Help!
Thanks
RON
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells makes the flat rings. I think maybe John Thomas (Retro Arms Works) makes the port doors?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Rifle Supply had the A1 port covers but have been out for a while

http://www.riflesupply.com/AR-15-Retro-Ejection-Port-Dust-Cover-Gray-A1-Style-DustCoverA1.htm

Ar15Sport has repro large pad 601 style covers and flat slip rings...some of the prices are steep but they are close to being a place for one stop shopping of retro parts

http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.com/category_v3.aspx?categoryid=97

http://saigon-logistical.blogspot.com/2011/05/retro-vietnam-style-m16-xm16e1-m16a1.html just found this on the googles, I have seen their e-pay store before
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you just have one? I am looking to buy several at a time.
It saves a lot on shipping cost.
Thanks,
Ron

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you just have one? I am looking to buy several at a time.
It saves a lot on shipping cost.
Thanks,
Ron
View Quote

Just that one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember there being an issue with the repros not closing securely. I forget which vender sold these, but it was aggravating for those who had them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember there being an issue with the repros not closing securely. I forget which vender sold these, but it was aggravating for those who had them.
View Quote

Those were sold on ebay by a vendor out of Asia I believe? I was taken also. Some had luck on fit. I didn't. Can't remember there name right off.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I modified one of them so it would stay shut on a Brownell A1 upper. But it still had a gap around it where it didn't fit up against the upper at the top.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I am getting e-mails from people on AR-15. about port doors or flat rings.
I have been having problems on my E-Mail and cannot open them or respond.
If you need to contact me, please use the IM on this site.
I have someone coming to fix it for me, I hope.

Thank you very much.
Ron
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top