Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2017 11:26:57 PM EDT
I asked in other forums what this tool is and replies said it was used with the two piece front pivot pin and came with the 6601. I cannot find any info online about this tool. When made, what it was actually called. Anyone have some good intel on it? Thanks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Old style pivot pin screw tool was also the consensus when it was asked in 2009: Link
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Numrich calls it a rear sight tool. $7.95.

Colt tool.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm inclined to think it's a tool for the 1911 as suggested in the previously linked thread. If the two peaked side was really to depress the detent in an A1 sight, why make it have two points? And why make them so pointed? It looks to me like a really half assed grip screw and barrel bushing combo wrench for a 1911 in my opinion - but that is based solely on design and nothing else. If you have a 1911, does the screw driver portion fit the stock screws and does the flared end span the barrel bushing?

A full sized 1911 bushing wrench for comparison:

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Those were included in some Colt upper receiver "Conversion kits" (Like my LMG upper) from the 1990's.   Included with the uppers was a front pivot pin adapter to install the "Small hole" upper into a "Large hole" lower, and that tool was for the groove in the nut of the adapter.   It would not surprise me if Colt used the tool for other uses also.

Photo from Google images:
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, got 1 or 2, back about 20 years ago, with conversion kits. 
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top