Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2017 7:40:05 PM EDT
The thread on mottling and a brief mention of 602 grips made me wonder how to ID one. I have a what I think might be one that I plan on using on my very very early 604 build. So........how does one ID a 602 grip?

Edited for pictures:

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe you figured it out!  Looks perfect for early 604 to me! Thanks for sharing.  

I had HKshooter measure one for me the last time I had some skinny PG's and I believe Lionel did a thread on measurements or at least shared a thread a few years ago when I inquired. I believe that's where the 1.19 inch in memory came from.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the paper tag inside the grip read?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the paper tag inside the grip read?
View Quote

It reads,"Waller  M L"
            Right 11 Up 14
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I will dig out my boxes of grips and look to see if I have any in there.
Ron
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If we can land on what identifies the early 602 style skinny grips, I would like to know myself as it's one of the finial pieces I need for my very early transitional 604 build.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If we can land on what identifies the early 602 style skinny grips, I would like to know myself as it's one of the finial pieces I need for my very early transitional 604 build.
View Quote

Black, recessed checkering, and skinny all the way down. I don't know the actual width.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Black, recessed checkering, and skinny all the way down. I don't know the actual width.
View Quote

if you have a 601 grip, it's pretty much the same dimensionally except in black.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Best part is that I only paid $6 for it at Knob Creek Oct of 08. I was just getting into the retro stuff at the time. The mottling was cool but I got it because of some soldiers dope tag in the grip.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the pictures and measurements.
I got one box of the old grips out of storage to looked at some of them.
I got 2 out of the box that looked like the pictures.
( there may be some more in the box, I will look again tomorrow in that box and also see if I can get to the other boxes)
I took measurements on the two and it is the same as yours.
I will keep watching this thread for more information.
Now to dig out the other boxes and look and see.
I have a 602 in the safe with the NODAK lower so I need to look at the grip on it.

Again, thanks for the information.
Ron
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top