Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2017 1:55:38 AM EDT
Is Essential Arms Co still around?  

Looking for an aluminum stock for a retro build, but keep getting voice mail.  Left message but no response.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/product/c-a-r-stock-aluminum/

Stock is loose on mil buffer tube. It fits well on a commercial diameter tube.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a tonys customs aluminum CAR  stock. It was nice. And was also loose. I added a couple thin strips of soft Velcro inside the stock and tightened it up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]
EA Arms is alive and well. I ordered a Colt clone carbine stock after Thanksgiving.

I got the impression that the owner is working with little or no help: he answers the phone and does many other things as well.

BTW, the stock looks good. They no longer ship Colt tubes and instead ship a mil spec 4 posistion dark gray tube with blued castle nut and parked end plate. The stock fits the tube well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BTW, the stock looks good. They no longer ship Colt tubes and instead ship a mil spec 4 posistion dark gray tube with blued castle nut and parked end plate. The stock fits the tube well.
View Quote

The two position buffer tubes that came with these are Colt?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
They had a decent supply of them in the past and would ship them with the mil spec stocks. That supply is gone now and they ship a mil spec 4 position tube with the mil spec stocks. These tubes are not Colt grey.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered a retro stock from EA with 2 position tube. They told me they are at plating right now and should be ready to ship in 2 to 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just ordered a retro stock from EA with 2 position tube. They told me they are at plating right now and should be ready to ship in 2 to 3 weeks.
View Quote
How much for that setup?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I am not him but I paid $165 in November.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much for that setup?
View Quote

I was told $160.00 plus $10.00 flat rate shipping. Said they would bill when they ship.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they are down the road from me.  may have to see if I can make a trip
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I ordered mine a 3 to 4 weeks ago and got it on Tuesday. 2 position tube. Very nice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought some essential lowers during one of the panic buy eras, and they are really nicely made

hope they are doing well
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been calling for days, left numerous voice mails trying to give him some money. No response yet.

For those of you who have gotten through, what's the secret? Any particular time of day that works best?

-k
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I left a voice message at 10am-ish and was called back after noon.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I left a voice message at 10am-ish and was called back after noon.
View Quote

Interesting. I've called 17 times in the past two weeks, leaving three messages - including a message this morning at 9 am. No response.

At least I know he's returning some calls...

-k
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Interesting. I've called 17 times in the past two weeks, leaving three messages - including a message this morning at 9 am. No response.

At least I know he's returning some calls...

-k
View Quote

He's afraid of you and your droogies. Not wanting any of the ole in and out or ultra violence.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He's afraid of you and your droogies. Not wanting any of the ole in and out or ultra violence.
View Quote

There's no way he could "see" my mascara via voice mail!

And who doesn't like a bit of the old in-out, in-out?

-k
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There's no way he could "see" my mascara via voice mail!

And who doesn't like a bit of the old in-out, in-out?

-k
View Quote

Not with Malcolm McDowell!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top