Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2016 12:35:17 AM EDT
I have a couple of fake XM177E2 moderators coming from Brick, that I would like engraved to look like the real deal.
Can any of our retro gurus engrave the cylindrical surface of a moderator?
My favorite retro engraver is working on trying to do this, but nothing yet.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a couple of fake XM177E2 moderators coming from Brick, that I would like engraved to look like the real deal.
View Quote

My understanding is that the moderators were NOT MARKED until AFTER they were considered NFA items, so a correct RETRO moderator would be UNMARKED.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My understanding is that the moderators were NOT MARKED until AFTER they were considered NFA items, so a correct RETRO moderator would be UNMARKED.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought the export ones were marked as well?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Unless you're wanting to copy something from a requirement for these things when they were declared NFA items, moderators were never engraved at the factory.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unless you're wanting to copy something from a requirement for these things when they were declared NFA items, moderators were never engraved at the factory.
View Quote

Correct, i believe thatt they were originally just considered enhanced flash hiders, and no other M16 flash hiders left the factory with markings either.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hope he does, I asked him about M14 receivers awhile back... he's local to me too  By the way I saw his work bench awhile back with your order on it and all I can say is you are sick sir, very sick
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK,
Thanks guys for setting me straight on this, and preventing me from doing a retro blunder
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top