Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 4:31:22 PM EDT
Hello all,
    I have 2 triangle charging handle and need a little help. One is original and the other I bought off a member here a few years back that is a TS (top secret). I believe I know which is which but would like you're all  inputs.

Thanks
Craig

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmm... very subtle differences, that I can see, kinda odd at the back of the channel near the triangle, and sharp on the gas key end of one.  

What are you thinking?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]
and the latch too... hmmm.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hmmm... very subtle differences, that I can see, kinda odd at the back of the channel near the triangle, and sharp on the gas key end of one.  

What are you thinking?
View Quote

MR, I'm 99.9% sure the original it is the one on the bottom first pic and the one on the right in all the other pic's.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

MR, I'm 99.9% sure the original it is the one on the bottom first pic and the one on the right in all the other pic's.
View Quote

I agree,

Have a demilled in front of me and the chamfers are the same on the bottom one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Here are some real ones from de-mils. Right is a 601 I cut that was bent and left is from a early XM16 with a square forge upper.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Now Im going to have to go home and rip all mine out and look at them. Its probably just like the differences in early port doors and machining of early lowers, lots of changes and small differences going on in early parts. 
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here are some real ones from de-mils. Right is a 601 I cut that was bent and left is from a early XM16 with a square forge upper.

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-0594-95323.JPGhttp://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356967/IMG-0594-95327.JPG
View Quote

I just checked my 68 SP1 and a later 70's SP1 charging handles and the ends where the gas key goes through are identical to the one that I have, (the one on the right) and the 2 that you have displayed.  Square sided before rounding at the end. Clear as mud???
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top