Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:19:15 PM EDT

I watched Lone Survivor and found the MK12 section. Geez, clone shit is expensive.

The lower is an NDS A1 with type E trapdoor stock.

I still need to finish myXM177E2 and two other retro builds.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like winning to me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Mk12's are hot, I would love a Mod0
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm doing a mod0 as i can and it IS very expensive.

I had a running upper and it took $1200 MORE to make it "right" WITHOUT the $2k Nightforce.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Mod1 and love it. I'd love to have a Mod0 but it won't happen anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Nah, you're all good!

They can't all be retro! I'm more of a Mk18 Mod0 kind of guy though
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Without sinners, God would be out of a job!

I like it but I'm a blaspheming heretic!
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mk12's are hot, I would love a Mod0
View Quote

When undertaking any of the Mk series of weapons, be prepared to empty your pockets. They are very expensive to build. I have almost $3800 in my Mk12 Mod 0 and it has an inexpensive scope on it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nah, you're all good!
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o355/banshee207/Gun%20pics/Picture002.jpg

View Quote

I love the MK18 too . Just don't want to pay uncle $400.00 for the stamps I would need to do it right .

Would you mind measuring the distance from the receiver to the heel of the stock with your SOPMOD fully extended ? The A1 and the CAR extended both measure around 10 inches. I am hoping for a slightly longer LOP with the SOPMOD. I don't want to purchase one and not gain anything.... given their price. Thank you.

I also don't want an A2 although that would gain around 5/8". I guess I could replace the meat grinder buttplate with an A1.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nah, you're all good!

View Quote

Nothing wrong with those either.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I love the MK18 too . Just don't want to pay uncle $400.00 for the stamps I would need to do it right .

Would you mind measuring the distance from the receiver to the heel of the stock with your SOPMOD fully extended ? The A1 and the CAR extended both measure around 10 inches. I am hoping for a slightly longer LOP with the SOPMOD. I don't want to purchase one and not gain anything.... given their price. Thank you.

I also don't want an A2 although that would gain around 5/8". I guess I could replace the meat grinder buttplate with an A1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, you're all good!

44, my mk18/CQBR block ii, with sopmod stock has a length of 11.125. That's from the receiver to heel.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, you're all good!

I see somebody else gave you the measurements.

Mine is kind of an interpretation of the Mk18 Mod0 in that it is 300 blackout and the can is a Gemtech multimount 9 that is fine for subs.

The nice thing with an SBR lower is you can mix and match uppers. I have a 11.5" .223, 8" 9mm, 5.75" .22 as well as the 300 upper. I'm SBRing a few more lowers to do an actual XM177E1 and a DOE clone since I have some stuff "laying around" anyway.

The can is one of the best $200 I would have spent but got it during "gemtax" so they paid the stamp
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Stoner, an extra inch and an eighth, awesome!  SOPMOD it is.  A couple guys in the MK12 thread said it was longer but didn't say how much.

Banshee, looking forward to seeing the XM177E1, my favorite 'Nam era carbine (okay, SMG by official designation ).  I bet that .300 BO is whisper quiet with subs when suppressed.

ETA:  The wife unit was pissed when I built this one. I wonder what she'll think when I get around to ordering the can??
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm building a Recce myself at the moment - the lower is together, I need to twist together the upper. Won a LaRue barrel, had most of the parts, then Olgunner sent me some furniture... I'm close. Just busy as hell, trying to peddle the 3rd book and edit the 4th. 100 pages into the 5th. By this time next year, this hobby may have more funding...
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#15]
The Mk 12 is the gateway drug...

which leads you to bad places...

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Mk 12 is the gateway drug...

<a href="http://s196.photobucket.com/user/nashvillito/media/finally%20done_zpsou0prsgt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/finally%20done_zpsou0prsgt.jpg</a>

which leads you to bad places...

<a href="http://s196.photobucket.com/user/nashvillito/media/DSCF3529_zpsqyjnkbt3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/DSCF3529_zpsqyjnkbt3.jpg</a>

View Quote

Love the 607 on top with the fat handguard section in the rear. Why Colt didn't go with that style makes no sense to me, they had to make an extra triangular cap either way. Thank the lord for round handguards.

I dig the Holland too. I am contemplating a similar build with a 7.62 receiver set.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Love the 607 on top with the fat handguard section in the rear. Why Colt didn't go with that style makes no sense to me, they had to make an extra triangular cap either way. Thank the lord for round handguards.

I dig the Holland too. I am contemplating a similar build with a 7.62 receiver set.
View Quote

I have small hands and still really like the fat rear section version 607s. Supposedly they experimented with both - using one set of HGs cut in two. My 'Post-Apocalyptic' pistol will be as follows - 601 lower with A2 upper. (Yes, it has the rebated lug )  607 style fat HGs I got from jhud years ago, a folding YHM gas block front sight I got from Lionel, and a Shockwave Blade. Early Smith FH as used on the LaFrance. Pistol will have a desert BTDT finish. Basically I need a barrel and the Shockwave and I can finish it. Internals will be basically a Mk18, so it should run fine, but look like shit. Truck / pack gun, and should slide in and out of a 3-day pack easily with the front sight folded. I also have a gooseneck mount I'd like to try one of those new all in one RDS holo sights on - I'll try and find a link.  Sling will be a 1" desert tan strap with fastex buckle. Simple, and I don't have to worry about scratching it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Nah, you're good. We all have our vices...

Attachment Attached File

That lower is a placeholder until Braceman gets done with my Hydra-matic reweld.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm building a Recce myself at the moment - the lower is together, I need to twist together the upper. Won a LaRue barrel, had most of the parts, then Olgunner sent me some furniture... I'm close. Just busy as hell, trying to peddle the 3rd book and edit the 4th. 100 pages into the 5th. By this time next year, this hobby may have more funding...
View Quote

Standing by for pics.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top