This is the basic configuration I plan on using for it.  It is very
handy and lightweight.  My only complaint (besides the NDS backorder) is
the PSA Freedom barrel is blued instead of parkerized. Oh and I had to
cut the handguards down myself and I made a big mess and they look
sloppy.  Oh well, a retro is a retro.

What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  I have a PSA mid-length pencil barrel on my flat top lightweight.  It is actually Melonite, not blued. If I could find decent mid-length carbine handguards, I'd put it on my shorty retro build.  BTW, my PSA 1/7 twist barrel gives sub-MOA with 77 grain MK 262 MOD1 OTM ammo. I have a PSA mid-length heavier barrel (about half way between pencil and HBAR), and it is parkerized.  I like the pencil barrel more.  MUCH lighter.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is actually Melonite, not blued.
View Quote
It is definitely not matte finish.  Maybe I'll paint it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Im thinking about taking it to the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I took it to the range today and did a bit of shooting. I got it zeroed at 25 years and was using wolf ammo. Never again. After the third magazine, it started locking up and having failure to ejects. Very annoying.  I then slapped my bump stock in it and successfully bump fired a full magazine of IMI ammo. Attempting to build on that success, I then tried to bump fire a mag of wolf, but it jammed on the first round.

Since the IMI seemed to work on each shot, I'm assuming all the malfunctions were Wolf ammo related.

Here is a pic of it today. Note that it is wearing the previously mentioned A2 lower for the time being and the triangle handguards are getting some epoxy and paint at the moment.

And here is a pic of the M60 bipod attached for the bump firing attempts.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is actually Melonite, not blued.

My PSA pencil barrel is the same color as a Glock barrel. It looks nice, but it's glossy, doesn't look anything like a retro finish.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I finally got my PSA Pencil barrel today and I matched it up with a late 603 receiver.  I am waiting on an NDS-16A1 receiver, but for the photos I decided to try on the XM16E1 (in real life it is temporarily on an A2 lower ).  This is the basic configuration I plan on using for it.  It is very handy and lightweight.  My only complaint (besides the NDS backorder) is the PSA Freedom barrel is blued instead of parkerized. Oh and I had to cut the handguards down myself and I made a big mess and they look sloppy.  Oh well, a retro is a retro.

What do you guys think?

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg141/dab969/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpssb4xvkk6.jpeg  
View Quote

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like it
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top