Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2016 10:50:21 PM EDT
not a retro AR question but old stuff anyway...
 a friend of mine gave me a box of goodies he came across.. 30 06 rnds..  black tips in garand enbloc,  orange tips. and 2 slings.. they are both Garand style  except they are really short. dark OD green canvas. most of the ammo is Korean vintage  LC 53 , some LC 68. and 2 EW 42.
    but it's the slings that have me baffled. they are to short to fit on a garand,, well they will but you wouldn't be able to get your arm through them. and 1 of the slings has nickle plated hardware..
any idea on what they are for??
thanks
Pete
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
PICS WOULD HELP, BUT NICKEL TELLS ME FOREIGN MILITARY OR COMMERCIAL.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they cotton or nylon?

Probably Bazooka slings as they are shorter and so are the Danish Garand slings.  Dane sling hardware looks kinda nickel under coating where worn.  The Danish slings I have show a crown ink stamping about 3" from rear sling buckle.  Cotton material is a little lighter in color than my USGI cotton and nylon slings. Could be age.  Don't have a bazooka sling but thinking they are shorter than Danish from conversation with M1sniper.  Danish measures 43" inch from sewn buckle to tip.  Shorter slings work decent on carbines but I prefer GP strap for actual carbine use.  Shorter slings not the best for rifle length actual use.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top