Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2016 12:54:46 PM EDT
So I picked up this bipod back in 82 or 83 to go with my first SP1 for $5 if I remember correctly at a local gun show. The bipod appears to be blued and it's case has no visible markings. Any thoughts?  

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Commercial knock-off would be my guess.
View Quote

I was leaning that way also. Wasn't sure if there was some Taiwanese contract or if this was an Israeli one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was leaning that way also. Wasn't sure if there was some Taiwanese contract or if this was an Israeli one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

israeli and usgi ones are all marked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the earliest GI ones were unmarked, but they were held together with a pin having a "C" clip on each end.  However, the weld pattern on your legs is not correct for an early USGI bipod, so I would also guess commercial, or foreign contract.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top