Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2016 9:01:26 PM EDT
Well it seems my original thread on my build has made it's way into the archive and I can't find it. I ended up scoring some no drain handguards, 601 buffer tube w/flats which has original awesome finish and a decent Edgewater. The bolt is complete but seems to be a bone of contention with the wide band MP parked bolt. She'll end up wearing a C stock for that transitional 1964 look. For those that remember the barrel is a M VP 12 with cast FSB as well. Everyone loves pictures so here are some.
PS
The beer is a Three Floyds Alpha King APA. It was a long day at the big house.......

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a real nice upper!

I need an earlier one and some no drain holes for my early 604 in progress.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice stuff. It might be more correct with a 601 port door. Maby others will chime in on that. Beautiful upper.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Where did you find handguards,sir?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you find handguards,sir?
View Quote

A gentleman sold me a MP 12 marked barrel with a no drain handguard attached and a kind soul here helped me out with the other half which was a perfect match finish wise.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Now, that is a pretty rifle in the making!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very nice stuff. It might be more correct with a 601 port door. Maybe others will chime in on that. Beautiful upper.
View Quote

It could also be correct with a 601 door. The new port door did start appearing on the M16 and XM16E1 in 1964. If I threw a 601 door on her I guess I'd have to ditch the wide band parked bolt for a chrome wide band then.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:29:16 AM EDT
[#7]
It's going to be nice
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It could also be correct with a 601 door. The new port door did start appearing on the M16 and XM16E1 in 1964. If I threw a 601 door on her I guess I'd have to ditch the wide band parked bolt for a chrome wide band then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice stuff. It might be more correct with a 601 port door. Maybe others will chime in on that. Beautiful upper.

Heck yeah, go ALL early it will be more unique AND sexy (at least to RETRO guys)
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Heck yeah, go ALL early it will be more unique AND sexy (at least to RETRO guys)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know your real good at talking me into spending more money.  Thought about a real 601 door and real transitional bolt release but the money is sick on those. Going to get a repro transitional release from JT but soon I'm going to have to start looking for a early bend tube. Was Colt still using carbon steel gas tubes in 64?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice, Im going to be working on the exact same build here soon.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish you luck for sure. You gonna go with a early square, square or round forge upper?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wish you luck for sure. You gonna go with a early square, square or round forge upper?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of all 3 laying around Im not doing anything with But Ill use the early square since Ill have a cast fsb MVP barrel. Unfortunately it has the hard black arsenal refinish, Ill have to refinish it, your upper is very nice
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well it seems my original thread on my build has made it's way into the archive and I can't find it. I ended up scoring some no drain handguards, 601 buffer tube w/flats which has original awesome finish and a decent Edgewater. The bolt is complete but seems to be a bone of contention with the wide band MP parked bolt. She'll end up wearing a C stock for that transitional 1964 look. For those that remember the barrel is a M VP 12 with cast FSB as well. Everyone loves pictures so here are some.
PS
The beer is a Three Floyds Alpha King APA. It was a long day at the big house.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tazaroo/early%20early%20604%20001_zpsecarorfd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tazaroo/early%20early%20604%20003_zpsfw1q5kzx.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tazaroo/early%20early%20604%20002_zpsy2zgg3kx.jpg
View Quote

I am glad you are doing something really nice with that upper.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top