Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 9:44:30 PM EDT
Greetings,
I am thinking of a retro build but my research is showing what I want isn't a replica of a real one.

My thought was the XM-177 with a triangular handguard. I thought that was how they were made but they weren't?

I guess it shouldn't matter I guess but if anyone had info on the possible existence of one. HAHAHA
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt Model 607 comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This?

" />

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt Model 607 comes to mind.
View Quote

This is what you want, but good luck with the stock.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Stock available from Matt or LiveforNov, here on the forum

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The 607 is high on my list to build but it is also a high dollar project. Much more higher than any I think of the others from what research I have done. Its been just a small amount of research. I spoke with the member here who makes the stock but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. The stock was very nicely done and real craftsmanship went into making them. Well worth it but the build is out of my budget.

What is the model that used just a regular stock and carbine barrel? I'm not sure if it has a model number.

Great looking rifles above!

I really like them with the full length pistol grip.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
SBR build also.
Nodak Spud had made some carbine triangle handguards awhile back.
And that stock is pretty rare - good luck. Might try making one yourself - find a good machinst; drill press, CNC machinery, etc.

14.5" Carbine barrel, rifle stock is Model 652 with FA. I'm building one now. All parts are here. Just need to assemble.
I think the slick side receiver one is the 651 (don't quote me).

I will show photos when finished:
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#7]
My favorite build ever. 14.5" barrel pinned to 16" length. The A1 HG's are cut down just slightly shorter than midlength.. carbine  gas system. I call it my AR15 Tanker model.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the pics.
I like the long flash hider look. I'm thinking regular adjustable stock. I have an A1 upper so I'm part way there
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't limit yourself.

Build what you want, even if it didn't exist. There are lots of people who build very accurate retro clones and people who build "retro inspired" or Franken guns. I do a bit of both.

Here's my take on a modern 607

and a 605ish
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top