Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 6:56:54 PM EDT
I am generally loathe to refer to an A2 upper as retro, but I figured my best chance was here. Ran across a shaved upper (reminiscent of the early 605's) with A2 sights , no forward assist (remember, it's shaved ) C over M forge marks and what looks like etched c in square and vp in triangle proofs where these are normally found. Some USAF variant? Can't post photos for a while.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably an upper for a heavy machine gun, open bolt.

John Thomas
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
9mm maybe?

Does it have a gas tube hole?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your prompt response.  Makes sense. Of all the Colt variants, I've never paid any attention to that particular model.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes on gas tube hole.  A2 sights probably make more sense on a 9mm than they do on an Air Force variant. They generally call for an air strike beyond 50 yards......because they can.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes on gas tube hole.  A2 sights probably make more sense on a 9mm than they do on an Air Force variant. They generally call for an air strike beyond 50 yards......because they can.
View Quote

Lol, nice find.  I'd probably use it for a 9mm build since it's slick sided, gas tube hole or not, just for the cool factor.  A DoE clone w/A2 sights... speaking of that, I have a 9mm mag block and bcg I need to build. Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely a Colt LMG upper. I used one with a SOCOM barrel to build a sweet, KISS rifle. I've posted pics in the past - still at work, or I'd pull it up... those uppers are not cheap.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgot to mention, it has the case deflector bump.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forgot to mention, it has the case deflector bump.
View Quote

Yeah, it's definitely a LMG upper.  From your description in the op I thought you t didn't have the bump or FA, which is why I thought it might be a PCC upper
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
You should still be able to make out where the forward assist once was before it got shaved off.

They served no purpose for the open bolt so were removed.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top