Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2016 12:04:30 AM EDT
I just picked up a minty early Colt Realist scope & mount with an INVERTED POST RETICLE after a hunt of over a year, and I am quite pleased with it, EXCEPT for the cap over the elevation knob - somebody REALLY buggered it up.  Does anybody know where to pick one up?  This is the last Colt variety scope that I needed for my collection.  NOW I'll try to find a Delft!  When was the last time someone saw one of those for sale?  Any thoughts as to the current value of a Delft with the correct Colt Armalite mount?

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just picked up a minty early Colt Realist scope & mount with an INVERTED POST RETICLE after a hunt of over a year, and I am quite pleased with it, EXCEPT for the cap over the elevation knob - somebody REALLY buggered it up.  Does anybody know where to pick one up?  This is the last Colt variety scope that I needed for my collection.  NOW I'll try to find a Delft!  When was the last time someone saw one of those for sale?  Any thoughts as to the current value of a Delft with the correct Colt Armalite mount?
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/kkrad_photo/45d7cc44289992f46875e9f284f8a697.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/kkrad_photo/2d142130344711cc4b1e22b960144d3b.jpg
View Quote

You may for the time being fix it with some JB weld. I did one awhile back let it get a little tacky then put the end of shell in it to reform the slot.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You may for the time being fix it with some JB weld. I did one awhile back let it get a little tacky then put the end of shell in it to reform the slot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/kkrad_photo/45d7cc44289992f46875e9f284f8a697.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/kkrad_photo/2d142130344711cc4b1e22b960144d3b.jpg

Funny, that's exactly what I was planning on doing until I find a replacement cap
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Funny, that's exactly what I was planning on doing until I find a replacement cap
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a plan, good luck in finding a replacement .
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on completing that collection and good luck on finding a Delft - I've always got my eye out for them but have yet to see one in the wild. From what I've seen, people discuss Delft scopes more often in AR10 forums than AR15 ones.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool!

If you've got all the colt scopes, it would be really helpful if you would snap some pictures of each one and the reticle that goes with it.
Kind of as a reference thread!
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very cool!

If you've got all the colt scopes, it would be really helpful if you would snap some pictures of each one and the reticle that goes with it.
Kind of as a reference thread!
View Quote

I would, but boywonder already did a nice photo shoot of all of the varieties:

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=664772
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]

I was about to say, "Show off!"  But then I realized--you have a Delft on a removable carry handle???  What sort of retro blasphemy is that??!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was about to say, "Show off!"  But then I realized--you have a Delft on a removable carry handle???  What sort of retro blasphemy is that??!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

M16indiana has waaaay more scopes.

The former owner of the AR15 Delft has it in a display case.  I had to but the whole kit and kaboodle and the carry handle was part of the display.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Lucky! Been looking for one forever.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I would contact Braceman . About a year or so ago he make some
Reproduction caps ... He might have some left
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you ever find one?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did you ever find one?
View Quote

Yes, thanks to a wonderful fellow ARFCOM member who wanted to pay it forward (but remain anonymous) I now have a BRAND NEW Original Colt scope cap.  It is a later one (for a Japanese made scope) so it is too tall for the American made Realist, but it is the same thread pitch. I will have my machinist mill it to the correct height, and then I am sure it will look, and work, perfectly.  It will be modified by removing a section of the threaded portion, so the modification will not be visable.  I'll post a photo after I get it done.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top